View Poll Results: How do you want them to handle Harley Quinn?

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • Option 1: Two Harleys

4 20.00%
  • Option 2: Classic Harley only retcon

13 65.00%
  • Option 3: nuHarley only/no change

3 15.00%

Default How do you want them to handle Harley Quinn?

In light of the positive reception of the scene in White Knight #2, I'm thinking there's serious possibility that classic Harley may come back to the main DCU in one way or another. Now, they can really do it two ways;

1) Handle it the way Sean Murphy did in White Knight and reveal that there are two Harleys- classic Harley and New 52/Suicied Squad nuHarley and keep classic Harley in the Batbooks and have nuHarley (who Sean Murphy named Marian Drews) stick around and be a member of the Suicide Squad.

2) Retcon nuHarley altogether and have the her go back to being portrayed as classic Harley.

What would you guys prefer to happen? Either of these or let the status quo remain the same?

Last edited by KurtW95; 11-16-2017 at 12:44 PM.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

I'm very openly anti-Harley (except for Mad Love and certain stories), classic and Nu, but Nu is way worse than classic. Whether two Harleys or retcon, bring the classic back.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

There won’t be any changes made to Harley Quinn in the main universe anyone who has followed the story can see the situation in white night would not work in the main universe.
    Also pre my 52 Harley wasn’t able to pull the numbers nu Harley does so it’s unlikely they’ll change the character just to pander to those who prefer the abused version. Nu Harley doesn’t match with everyone’s taste but you can’t deny she’s on the most popular DC characters.
    Last edited by lucius121; 11-16-2017 at 12:59 PM.

She's be a bad guy again, but you could do that without changing her Rebirth personality I think. I'd also put her in something more close to her OG outfit.

Yeah Harley is a tough one. I mean, what do you do? They went very, very far with her being a "good guy" or the "fun girl" who helps out her pals and things but I don't quite no.

OG Harley with n52/Rebirth Harley freedom.

One of the few good things about the n52 is that Harley is independent of Joker, I don't mind that at all. But I'd like to have OG Harley's canon past and personality, OG Harley, when written by Dini or with anyone with respect for her, is an incredibly good character. n52 Harley is simply a wacky woman who gets adventures on her city and is essentially DC's deadpool, which defeats my likings of her. Not to mention the queerbaiting RE Ivy.

Another idea would be Injustice Harley, without the anti hero side. I think it's decent characterization.

Maybe, maybe the Arkham one, but that makes her too close to Joker and meh.

I did like the twist in White Knight but I don't think you could pull that off in the main universe.

I think part of the problem is, to some degree, Harley carving out her own niche with Conner/Palmiotti and becoming the "face" of the Suicide Squad, so it's difficult to try and reset her back to any kind of classic status quo.

I've always preferred classic Harley over anything else DC has ever tried with her. I'm pretty sure they can bring her back to that state without retconning anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen Kane View Post
    I've always preferred classic Harley over anything else DC has ever tried with her. I'm pretty sure they can bring her back to that state without retconning anything.
    Oh they could. But her newbie fans would have a fit. I would love it.

Bring back the Harley from HUSH! She was great.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen Kane View Post
    They would have to somehow I bleach her skin. But that I guess goes in part with the second option.

I always thought it'd be amusing if Joker decided he was done with his current depictions and went back to a more classic personality, and then he turns around and classic Harley is sitting there like she's always been there .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I always thought it'd be amusing if Joker decided he was done with his current depictions and went back to a more classic personality, and then he turns around and classic Harley is sitting there like she's always been there .
    Actually it would be kind of funny if Harley went to Suicide Squad and Joker decided to make another Harley Quinn by saying shes a dime a dozen, I can turn any blond bimbo into my sidekick and holds auditions for a new Quinn and the "winner" is traumatized and brainwashed by Joker.

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant God View Post
    Actually it would be kind of funny if Harley went to Suicide Squad and Joker decided to make another Harley Quinn by saying shes a dime a dozen, I can turn any blond bimbo into my sidekick and holds auditions for a new Quinn and the "winner" is traumatized and brainwashed by Joker.
    Eh, I think if you’re going to have two Harley’s, it makes more sense to do it the Murphy way and have Deadpool Harley be the second one and we just learn that she kind of stole and changed the backstory of classic Harley.

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    Eh, I think if you’re going to have two Harley’s, it makes more sense to do it the Murphy way and have Deadpool Harley be the second one and we just learn that she kind of stole and changed the backstory of classic Harley.
    Yeah but it would fun and funny to see Joker go through women in Gotham and try to drive them insane enough to join his gang/family.

Amazing Member

I prefer classic Harley, though there are 2 Harleys from that point of view: Cartoonish Harley from the animated series and "Adult" Harley by Paul Dini. Both of them are predominantly comedy so I think they should use a Harley by Dini for the main DCU but they could make some changes from her old ongoing by Lieberman whom I'll call WhiteKHarley's mom. About the sales, well, nuHarley sales are low now the difference with Nightwing is that Nightwing is very stable while NuHarley is losing readers faster.

My opinion? DC should put the classic Harley in the main batbook with The Joker and for the current readership of her book a new non canon book with all the characters batman has just that other universe something akin to Zdarsky's story for her anniversary or Prince Charming but focused on Harley since at least 2 films are coming in the near future and girls are a potential market. It doesn't mean they can't do some non canon specials or minis with the character dedicated to women with those things women like. I've notice those sell very well though the ongoing has low sales

Suicide Squad shouldn't have a Harley, they should get other character, Deadshot for example since he can get really popular because of the films or another girl. Anyway the title goes down really fast each time they relauch it. In N52 I think they relauched it 3 times. Some big name could push the sales for this one.
    Last edited by Mithrill; 11-18-2017 at 07:10 PM.