Page 508 of 581 FirstFirst ... 8408458498504505506507508509510511512518558 ... LastLast
Results 7,606 to 7,620 of 8704

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post
    Yasmin Finney from Netflix's Heartstopper has been cast as new companion...'Rose'

https://www.doctorwho.tv/news-and-fe...octor-who-cast

Wonder if that's just a similar name thing. When Sarah Jane dressed up as Victoria in Pyramid of Mars I think Tom's "Hello Vicki" might have thrown off some fans since Hartnell had a companion named Vicki, in addition to Troughton's Victoria (Sarah, of course, makes a joke about it being possibly Queen Victoria).

Also Rosealita in "Next Doctor".

This is getting as confusing as that new Spider-Man comic story.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

I'm half expecting John Simm to show up Patrick Duffy style.

Also kind of reminded of the Elder Ood from OOT:

"Always returning, returning to this world. It is returning, and he is returning, and they are returning...."
    Last edited by ChrisIII; 05-16-2022 at 01:25 PM.

BANNED

She's playing Donna's daughter.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

She's playing Donna's daughter.
    Given that Donna was married to Shaun in 2009/2010, shouldn’t her daughter be only about 12 years old at the oldest? Yasmin is about 18 or 19.

Also it’s weird having an actor named Yaz as a companion straight after a character called Yaz.

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    Given that Donna was married to Shaun in 2009/2010, shouldn’t her daughter be only about 12 years old at the oldest? Yasmin is about 18 or 19.

Also it’s weird having an actor named Yaz as a companion straight after a character called Yaz.
    It's a show that revolves around time travel she could be an older version of Donna's daughter or Donna could be from a few years from now.

Yeah, Doctor Who's done "near future" quite a few times. It's pretty much part of the reason behind the UNIT dating issue for example in the classic; in the current series both DALEK and FEAR HER were set in 2012 years before the actual 2012. So maybe this new story is set in 2029 or something like that.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post

Billie Piper was 23 when she played Rose (who was 19). Don't get hung up on the age. Besides, if the leaks are true (along with the casting call for a female companion of 15/16 year old) then she isn't far off. The leak also stated it's 15 years since the Doctor last saw Donna.

Astonishing Member

The original leaks were that Jodie regenerates into Tennant and leads three 60th anniversary specials before becoming the next Doctor.
    Are we sure it's a regeneration and not a degeneration? Then again, everybody assumed Ncuti was playing the 14th. I don't think Russell stated he was. So he could well be the 15th. But a degeneration would still allow for the numbering not to be messed with again.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Somecrazyaussie View Post
    Are we sure it's a regeneration and not a degeneration?
    I've seen some fans throw that around too. Mayfly Doctors can be incarnations without distinct 'numbers' as War and Fugitive can attest to.

Quote Originally Posted by Somecrazyaussie View Post
    Are we sure it's a regeneration and not a degeneration? Then again, everybody assumed Ncuti was playing the 14th. I don't think Russell stated he was. So he could well be the 15th. But a degeneration would still allow for the numbering not to be messed with again.
    Unless they retcon the Timeless Child the numbering is pretty useless now.

Speaking of Tennant though the Curator in the 50th Anniversary did say the Doctor would revisit some old faces.

Honestly if it is Jodie regenerating into Tennant I hope it's implied him and Donna go off and travel together for very long time before he regenerates into Ncuti. Because he was the Doctor in universe for only like 5 years or so before regenerating into Smith who was the Doctor hundreds of years before becoming Capaldi. Doctor's usually have a few decades to a few hundred years before regenerating poor Tennant was like a long weekend in the Doctor's life.

BANNED

Going by descriptions from location filming, I'm entirely convinced what they're filming now isn't a 60th special, but something for Christmas

Going by descriptions from location filming, I'm entirely convinced what they're filming now isn't a 60th special, but something for Christmas
    There have been rumors that the 60th would be split into 3 parts, if that's true, maybe the first of them will arrive on New Years.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by GSman View Post
    There have been rumors that the 60th would be split into 3 parts, if that's true, maybe the first of them will arrive on New Years.
    Russel is involved, so it's going to air at Christmas, that's his thing.

Russel is involved, so it's going to air at Christmas, that's his thing.
    You'd think so, but this wording in the statement for Tennant and Tate's return has me doubting it for this year

One of the most loved pairings in Doctor Who’s history have reunited and are filming scenes that are due to air in 2023 to coincide with the show’s 60th anniversary celebrations.
    I guess they can move it up to Christmas, but RTD's been pretty adamant about everything kicking off in 2023 in interviews, so who knows? It would be a hell of a Christmas present this year, though.

Wonder how a degeneration could work-maybe have Capaldi and Smith around for a small cameo (Somebody resembling Capaldi has been spotted on set but I doubt it's him).

One of the novels where the Doctor faced the Rani "State of Change" had some fun with that concept. The Doctor also often channels the personas of past Doctors before the regeneration settles.