Page 564 of 582 FirstFirst ... 64464514554560561562563564565566567568574 ... LastLast
Results 8,446 to 8,460 of 8716

On twitter, people started debating between 10 and 14 but I just see them as a set. Tennant's casting made it easier to see them as a pair.

14 works as a book end for 10 rather than a seperate incarnation. Ironically you could've used 14 to bring in the Valeyard by having two tennants run around. One is 14 while the other becomes the Valeyard.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 12-03-2023 at 02:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Catlady in training View Post
    This was a great episode. I was reminded a lot of Midnight, which I loved. It was really scary before we found out what was happening and they almost got me with the real Donna being left behind at the end. Great character work too, I just love this type of bottle episode.

It had some proper mavitas. (I will see myself out now.)
    I was wondering if it's meant to be the same alien/ force.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Kind of slightly reminded of the Gangers myself.

Remember when Character Options tried to make the "Ganger slime" a thing? One of WHO's not so great merchandise moments along with faceless Grandma and Destroyed Cassandra.

chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

The Once Upon a Timelord special by Dan Slott, Christopher Jones and Matthew Dow Smith (I wonder if the Matt Smith name is abused) was excellent.

The Pyromeths are a top-tier concept, it gives multiple excuses to reference Doctor Who history and it takes advantage of the comics medium in a way that will likely make it difficult to ever adapt into a TV show.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

I really like this. Better than special 1. I did have to put on closed caption because Tenet and Tate talk to fast.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Interesting thing is, the Doctor is pretty much kind of the way RTD left him in 2010; wracked with guilt and with the Time Lords dead again (with the probably exception of the Master-I mean, it's kind of obvious that he could easily escape from the Cyberplanet, although the toll the whole thing took on his "Rasputin" body probably induced his own regeneration) and with the added uncertainty about his origins.

Funny thing is Capaldi/12 was largely free of that whole thing yet still kind of had a sadness to his incarnation at times (Even before the Clara death/memory wipe) although he did get over his grumpy phase. He even almost succeeded in rehabilitating the Master (as Missy), which is funny enough something Ten wanted to do.

So is there any indication of Disney+/Iplayer ratings for the specials so far? Tried looking but all I'm getting are the overnights still.

Looks like Big Finish might solve some of the mystery of what happened with the Paradigm Daleks (In universe that is)

https://www.bigfinish.com/news/v/the...or-is-in-sight

They also slightly altered the designs a bit. Also pretty cool is an updated Special Weapons Dalek with the Time War look (The SEs did appear in Asylum and Witches's familiar but didn't do too much and were simply the Remembrance versions since both stories were kind of a showcase for 'classic' Dalek designs).

It's official that The Celestial ToyMaker is the next animated Doctor Who story. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ncdt...dTscL&index=55.

I think the only surprising thing about this story is that it took this long for it to be reported. Apparently, the BBC got 144 complaints about the inclusion of the new Rose (Rose 2?) character because they are transgender.

Here's the article link.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaled View Post
    It's official that The Celestial ToyMaker is the next animated Doctor Who story. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ncdt...dTscL&index=55.
    To have some synergy with the next special, no doubt.

BTW looks like the plot involves the first TV tests which looked something like this:

Which kind of looks like the mix between the absurb and scary that Doctor Who usually does very well.

Guessing the toymaker somehow has something to do with this, maybe all TV broadcasts carry the thing driving everybody nuts. Kind of like the Master had subliminal vote for Saxon stuff with the archangel network. Did Donna's house have a TV in Star Beast?

Of course UNIT is probably Ok because they have training for this kind of thing, this is the same group who in the early 70s had to deal with the Master who frequently uses hypnotism. Maybe they use Jo's 'nonsense' from Frontier In Space as a defense.

Of course the funny thing is if the Doctor invoking superstition somehow let the Toymaker back into the universe, he's partly responsible for the creation of TV!

I love NPH's take already.

"We meet again, Doctor" didn't go great for the Doctor last time that was said...

Thought the last 2 specials were good, better than anything in the Chibnall era I'm really enjoying Donna being back.

Loved the New Tardis Interior. I still love Capaldi's Tardis more, but this is a close 2nd for me with Smith's 1st Tardis, Hartnell/Troughton's Tardis, and Jodie's evening out the top 5 for me.

If 14 regenerates without any time jump it will mean even with 2 Doctors Tennant is still one of the shortest incarnations of the Doctor. During his run as 10 RTD aged him in real time meaning for the Doctor his time as 10 and 14 is the equivalent of a long weekend for a human. All the other Doctor's usually spent between decades or hundreds of years as those incarnations going by the ages given on screen.

Yeah it's kind of interesting how 'long' each incarnation might've lived.

I think 1 is stated to be at least 400ish? in time lord years.

2 was with Jaime most of the time so he might not have lived long, although there's some wiggle room with "6b"

3 was stuck for a while in the time vortex before regenerating but mostly traveled with Jo I think.

4 Spent some time with K-9, a robot, and Romana, a Time lady, who were not human and therefore might have traveled with him for centuries.

5-There's some wiggle room with Nyssa and maybe Turlough as they were both aliens who traveled with him without Tegan for a time.

6-A lot of wiggle room since most of his time was 'untelevised'.

7-Ditto.

8-Again, lots of wiggle room.

War-again.

9-Presumabely might've had some adventures before meeting Rose, just didn't look into a mirror I guess. Even if he traveled just with Jack Jack was mortal at this point.

10-As noted, although there's some slight wiggle room when he was traveling alone in the 2009 specials. I know he said his age a few times but that's always unreliable (And for all we know, TC could mean the Doctor is actually billions of years old)

11-Aged 200 years trying to avoid death, then almost a thousand on Trenzalore.

12-Some slight wiggle room here too, not sure if you'd count all the confession style stuff as he was 'resetting' constantly and it was a pocket dimension of sorts. Think he spent at least a century looking after Missy, I think the Monk stuff lasted a year or so?

13-I think she spent at least two decades in the prison.

14-Suppose there could be a bit of wiggle room between Power of the Doctor/CIN special/DWM comic if the latter two are canon? where he could've been alone or maybe even had another companion?