Page 481 of 582 FirstFirst ... 381431471477478479480481482483484485491531581 ... LastLast
Results 7,201 to 7,215 of 8716
    Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

I find it hilarious that I was planning this exact plot - Cheng Shih and Sea Devils - for an interactive game I am devising with 13. Great minds think alike?

https://www.radiotimes.com/tv/sci-fi...dventures/amp/

Tribute to Sarah Jane Smith and her adventures.

https://www.bigfinish.com/news/v/mic...-second-doctor

News about Big Finish's take on Second Doctor.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 01-01-2022 at 04:09 PM.

Feel a bit of an idiot for not getting the ‘I AM NOT NICK.’ gag until someone pointed it out. XD

Without spoiling anything, I am so psyched for the spring special.��

I thought the new years special was pretty fun. It's a decent Dalek story and the time loop is fun. The meet cute is alright but we got confirmation about 13/Yasmin. Those shippers must be happy.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 01-01-2022 at 07:37 PM.

Astonishing Member

Good God can someone from the production team just hide all the sonic screwdriver props so Jodie can't find one? It's usage has become a running gag at this point and, even then, is no longer funny. So, you need a sonic screwdriver to determine when someone is dead when two perfectly good eyes can suffice?

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I thought the new years special was pretty fun. It's a decent Dalek story and the time loop is fun. The meet cute is alright but we got confirmation about 13/Yasmin. Those shippers must be happy.
    It’s pretty clear at this point they’re all going to be pissed when it amounts to a Rise of Skywalker moment where they share one kiss before one or both vanishes or seemingly dies. Still curious if the BBC will ever be brave enough to do a female Doctor/male companion romance in the future.

Was Yaz's sexuality ever mentioned before? Kind of interesting since this technically makes two LGBT companions in a row since she came after Bill.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Was Yaz's sexuality ever mentioned before? Kind of interesting since this technically makes two LGBT companions in a row since she came after Bill.
    Her mom said she was OK if Yaz was with Ryan or the Doctor back in series 11. So I guess her family knew.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 01-03-2022 at 10:29 AM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Somecrazyaussie View Post
    So, you need a sonic screwdriver to determine when someone is dead when two perfectly good eyes can suffice?
    To tell what killed them? Ya.
    Sounds perfect.

There is a McCoy serial-"Remembrance of the Daleks"-where he figures out someone was a victim of a Dalek by touch-basically they look ok on the outside, but then he notices the organs are kind of scrambled with a closer look-although in that case he didn't have the sonic. Fifth, Sixth, and Seventh mostly seemed to manage without it-although the Sixth briefly has a "Sonic lance" and the Seventh had a screwdriver before his regeneration.
    Last edited by ChrisIII; 01-03-2022 at 08:35 PM. Reason: Correction from "Episode" to "Serial" :)

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    There is a McCoy serial-"Remembrance of the Daleks"-where he figures out someone was a victim of a Dalek by touch-basically they look ok on the outside, but then he notices the organs are kind of scrambled with a closer look-although in that case he didn't have the sonic. Fifth, Sixth, and Seventh mostly seemed to manage without it-although the Sixth briefly has a "Sonic lance" and the Seventh had a screwdriver before his regeneration.
    I recall it was by design that they dropped the screwdriver with the 5th because the people working on it felt it had become too easy of a plot device to use.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremi View Post
    I recall it was by design that they dropped the screwdriver with the 5th because the people working on it felt it had become too easy of a plot device to use.
    Exactly. It's a fact that has only become worse in the new run. Moreso under Moffat and It has become intolerable under Chibnall. The Doctor literally walks out of the TARDIS these days and waves it around to determine 1. Where they are, 2. What period, and 3. If the atmosphere and oxygen levels are suitable for people to survive in it. You'd check that before you left the TARDIS.

It's lazy writing. Pure and simple.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    To tell what killed them? Ya.
    What a load of tosh. The 7th Doctor didn't need it. He walked up and did a physical examination of a soldier and determined he got killed by a Dalek. It was touches like that that demonstrated The Doctors knowledge and skills. Same way rewiring locks to open doors or picking locks.

I won't excuse lazy writing. The Sonic is lazy writing at this point.

To be fair, the Seventh was expecting the Daleks already....