Page 371 of 580 FirstFirst ... 271321361367368369370371372373374375381421471 ... LastLast
Results 5,551 to 5,565 of 8689

Yeah, I think that was mainly established in Tom Baker's era. I think in part it was to explain why the other Time Lords didn't kind of recognize him despite giving him missions during the Pertwee era,Genesis of the Daleks and possibly Brain Of Morbius-those were actions by the agency and not the main Time Lord aristocrats.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    They've just announced a new thirteenth Doctor/Ace reunion novel written by Sophie Aldred.

Between that and the season 26 blu-ray trailer it's been a pretty cool year for Ace fans.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Curious thing about the Ace book is that the description says the 13 might have to atone for 7's behavior. I'm guessing that maybe she left on a bad note (Like the novels/comics/audios have done a few interpetations of, I believe, including one where the Doctor pretty much gets her boyfriend killed almost Danny Pink-style), perhaps, or just referring to the relationship which was already somewhat strained in season 26 a bit, with the Doctor not telling her about Gabriel Chase, the deception to make her lose faith in Fenric, and her conflicting feelings in Survival.
    I'm super hyped for the Ace novel. She's my favourite companion. But yeah; it'll be interesting to see which version (if any of the existing ones) of what happened after Survival they're going with. There are so many versions. Just the ones I can think of:

- Ace goes into Time Lord training in the academy on Gallifrey (The original plan for S27 and happened in the Gallifrey spin off audios)
    - Ace fails to be accepted for the Time Lord academy and keeps travelling with the Doctor being promised more responsibility but never getting it due to bad writing, also meets new companion Raine. (Big Finish's dire adaptation of the S27 plans which they later ignored/retconned to put her in Gallifrey)
    - Ace ditches the Doctor at the same time as he picks up new companion Benny, leaves for a few years to become a psychotic space army bitch then rejoins him then leaves again to travel time on her own. (The 90s New Adventure novels)
    - Ace is killed and replaced by a parallel universe version of herself who is only slightly different. (The BBC novels from after the NAs ended)
    - Ace continues to grow and develop and travel for a long time with the Doctor and new companion Hex. After Hex leaves Ace mentions him only once before basically forgetting him and every bit of development she ever had and resetting to acting like she just came out of her first story so they can have her travel with Mel and sell more stories to people who don't apparently care about her history. (The main range of Big Finish audios)
    - Ace sacrifices herself to save the world and dies in an explosion. (The Doctor Who Magazine comics)
    - Someone played by Sophie Aldred and very heavily implied to be Ace but not explicitly named due to copyright is travelling on her own and dies in a space ship crash. (Mindgame spin off videos)
    - Ace is working for a charity with the initials ACE but is still having adventures. (The charity is mentioned in The Sarah Jane Adventures and this version of Ace appeared in Big Finish's audios of the terrible TV spin off Class)

...and that's just the ones that come to mind. I'm sure there are more!

"CLASSIC DOCTORS, NEW DOCTORS" is a fun introduction to the classic doctors.

5/6/7 are all fun romps with 7 being brilliant social satire.

8th's entry in "classic doctors, new doctors" is a departure from the other 3 entrees.

Its a somber piece set in the beginning of the Time War. Its got humor, action, even a meet cute between 8 and a new character Saileera but it ends in a bittersweet way.

Despite featuring the Sontarans it reminds me of "Midnight" from the David Tennant era. It serves as a deconstruction of 8th's m.o. to me, where his usual methods don't work.

Arrow

I hope the show improves this season. I found it boring last year. It hasn't been interesting, for the most part, since Matt Smith departed, IMO.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

Id just like to understand everything she is saying. Not trying to be a dick or anything. I am fine with the actress. Like her as a doc even though I am still waiting for that episode and that moment where I'm like 100% OK, that's a Doctor. Have not had it with her yet. But there were moments in the season and dialogue where I legit could not understand what she was saying. Not everything of course, but words here and there I couldn't make out. I dunno if my ear is just not trained well enough in accents or what. That's my only real issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    I hope the show improves this season. I found it boring last year. It hasn't been interesting, for the most part, since Matt Smith departed, IMO.

I think they might be going back more into recurring monsters after the last season pretty much had a policy of totally original monsters (apart from the New Year's special), although certainly there were quite a few callbacks to previous Doctor Who-The fez in Kerblam, the Unicorn and the Wasp reference, the scarf etc, and of course the almost obligatory vague family reference. They've revealed the Judoon of course, but there's also recent filming pics showing another familiar foe.

There are rumors about the Cybermen of course, it'd be interesting to see her reaction to them since they "killed" him last life. Although, the Master is somewhat responsible for a good chunk of his/her regenerations as well and he/she's still willing to let that slide....then again, given Chibnall's previous Cybermen-related Torchwood, maybe best not to see them...

Looks like a teaser trailer will be shown on Saturday the 23rd.

Im hoping there's stronger character work this time. I liked the cast but didn't feel they were really tested or explored last season.

There were attempts but they were discarded too early or just fell flat like the whole Graham wants revenge on Tim shaw thing.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 11-13-2019 at 05:30 AM.

It seems they really didn't focus much on Ryan's disability beyond the first episode either.

https://www.doctorwho.tv/news/?artic...-L9ZS6TbANAfe4

Three new female writers announced (although one did some script editing before) plus returning writers from season 11. Includes the person who wrote Demons of the Punjab, which I thought was one of the stronger stories last year.
    Last edited by ChrisIII; 11-13-2019 at 01:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    After a few months, they tend to sell them separately so maybe just pick up "The War Valeyard" for a cheaper price?

spoilers:
    Basically the time lords brought him back as a last-ditch effort to stop the war. They even refer to him as a weapon and give him a mission. He completes the mission but doesn't fully succeed because Daleks don't go down that easily. The episode deals with the fallout and the rest is spoilers.
    end of spoilers

Expanded universe stuff tends to be a healthy dose of fan-wank so just go with it bro.
    So basically Thomas Riker. spoilers:
    Based on the Tardis wiki, when the 8th Doctor used a transmat to leave a planet, someone then came along and tried to reconstruct him from the transmat but got the Valeyard instead. That's pretty clever, but it also opens the door to *any* doctor returning. While basically being a duplicate they would still be a separate individual with their own separate lifespan and their own separate timeline.
    end of spoilers

I finished listening to Legacy of Time, the 20th anniversary special for Big Finish.

Its tons of fun and definitely worth a purchase.

Stephen Fry and Lenny Henry have been cast in the new season.

Fry was of course in Death Comes To Time but he also pitched a Tenth Doctor story that was rejected.

I'm hoping Fry is the Meddling Monk but thats probably a longshot anyway.

Tagline and teaser images released:

https://metro.co.uk/2019/11/22/docto...ctor-11198746/

Just me or is Jodie's hair a little longer?