Page 372 of 581 FirstFirst ... 272322362368369370371372373374375376382422472 ... LastLast
Results 5,566 to 5,580 of 8704
    Constant in Opal Nine Crocodile's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Stephen Fry and Lenny Henry have been cast in the new season.
    That's just plain awesome. Thanks for the news.

Trailer tomorrow at 3PM GMT (That's next morning for those in the states, I think). There's a brief clip but it's nothing special, just a quick look at the companions and her pulling the console lever.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

More casting news: Goran Visijnic (not sure if I'm spelling that right) and Robert Glenister.

To Doctor Who fans of course, Glenister is well known as Salateen from the Caves of Androzani, a sort of dual role for Glenister as he was also playing a robot duplicate.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ghdUbaWjWeU

Here we go. Apart from the returning monsters, looks like the Doctor gets to ride a motorcycle again, something we've seen here and there over the years.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

So Daleks, Cybermen, Judoon and Racnoss all confirmed for the new series, nice!

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

I will give the season opener a look, but if it the same as last season I will probably drop back out again. I made it about 5 episodes into last season before I just couldn't take it anymore. I really want to like this Doctor and have no problem with her being a women, but that writing last season on the episodes that I watched were just awful. I am hoping that they listened to the feedback they were getting about last season and adjust a little and not just be stuborn and double down to prove a point.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    So Daleks, Cybermen, Judoon and Racnoss all confirmed for the new series, nice!
    This is the ONLY reason I'm going to watch the show. Daleks and Cybermen.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Series 12 looks fun and I hope it's stronger than series 11.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    I will give the season opener a look, but if it the same as last season I will probably drop back out again. I made it about 5 episodes into last season before I just couldn't take it anymore. I really want to like this Doctor and have no problem with her being a women, but that writing last season on the episodes that I watched were just awful. I am hoping that they listened to the feedback they were getting about last season and adjust a little and not just be stuborn and double down to prove a point.
    What feedback are they meant to listen to?
    It's average viewership was equal to Ten's inaugural season and just about equal or just a little less than his further outings and the same goes for Eleven's seasons as well and as much as I loved Capaldi Jodi's season beat him soundly.

That's not to say it was my favorite season, barring a few episodes I thought it was fairly bland, but it did fairly well so pretending there was some huge negative feedback to the show is just silly. It's like the people who think the sequel trilogy of Star Wars is wildly hated, despite it being a roaring success with the general audience; you can't take the opinions of isolated fan communities as a representative of the wider viewership.
    Last edited by thwhtGuardian; 11-24-2019 at 09:42 AM.

It's a bit hard to tell but it looks like the Cybermen, while basically still having the "Nightmare in Silver" look, seem to have larger 'earmuffs' like the Cybermen from "The Invasion" onward in the original series. The helmet shot also seems to have a new jaw and cheek design, although this maybe a damaged cybermen.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    Graham and Ryan are why I stuck it out. Jodie is a pretty decent actress and certainly had the talent to give us a good Doctor. The problem is that the scripts didn't do enough to support her in that endeavour. Hopefully, now that they have the last series under their belt, the writers are more confident in giving her more development.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    What feedback are they meant to listen to?
    It's average viewership was equal to Ten's inaugural season and just about equal or just a little less than his further outings and the same goes for Eleven's seasons as well and as much as I loved Capaldi Jodi's season beat him soundly.

That's not to say it was my favorite season, barring a few episodes I thought it was fairly bland, but it did fairly well so pretending there was some huge negative feedback to the show is just silly. It's like the people who think the sequel trilogy of Star Wars is wildly hated, despite it being a roaring success with the general audience; you can't take the opinions of isolated fan communities as a representative of the wider viewership.
    Jodie was always going to get high figures for her first few episodes due to the curiosity factor. But ratings declined to the point they were back to where they were during Capaldi's last series. Peter Davisons first year almost doubled Tom Bakers last. Its how it often goes. This series is going to be the real test in how this era is fairing. So far it is decent, but entirely forgettable. That's just my opinion, though.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Somecrazyaussie View Post
    Jodie was always going to get high figures for her first few episodes due to the curiosity factor. But ratings declined to the point they were back to where they were during Capaldi's last series. Peter Davisons first year almost doubled Tom Bakers last. Its how it often goes. This series is going to be the real test in how this era is fairing. So far it is decent, but entirely forgettable. That's just my opinion, though.
    I think most of her episodes were forgettable myself, with only a few stand outs, but the trail off as the season progressed wasn't any less than the other seasons I mentioned.

Incredible Member

this group of companions are a waste of space. rtd companions were still the best lot , moffat just kill or condemn his companions to horrible fates , chibnall companions are just dull and bland.

I listened to 30 minutes of "The Destination Wars" a Big Finish audio drama pitting David Bradley's The First Doctor versus the First Master played by James Dreyfuss.

The War Master: Rage of the Time Lords is awesome.