Page 555 of 581 FirstFirst ... 55455505545551552553554555556557558559565 ... LastLast
Results 8,311 to 8,325 of 8715

The current rumor is that the next animated Doctor Who episode is The Celestial Toymaker.

Makes sense given the character's return. There's also some well-received fan animations that have been made.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

https://www.bbc.co.uk/mediacentre/20...-of-the-tardis

Seems this is basically what they're doing with the Blu-ray commercials (and some of the reconstructions) with the actors in character. Maybe adding a bit of "Behind the Sofa" as well.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Strange they aren’t doing a Fourth Doctor themed episode. Also no One and Susan reunion with David Bradley and Carole Ann Ford makes me sad.

Maybe because of Tom's age? Also a lot of his companions actors have passed (Elisabeth, Ian, Mary) don't want to work with him (Lalla) or are more identified with Davison's era (Janet, Sarah, Matthew).

I suppose it could work with Louise or K-9?

Kind of wonder if Levene or Franklin will make a surprise appearance in the Third Doctor one. Also I'm wondering by having Clyde around it might also be a bit of a reflection on Sarah Jane, so maybe it'll have a few Fourth Doctor bits?

So if these are canonical I kind of wonder a few things:

-Will Jaime and Zoe get their memories back?

-Will it reveal a bit more about why Ace and Seventh split up?

-So the Sixth just went through alternate and more tasteful fashion choices like this and the blue coat before deciding to go for his crazy coat look prior to regeneration? Maybe his clothes did a 'reset'. Or maybe just dressing nicely for Peri. Part of me wonders if that multi-colored handkerchief is just the costume stuffed into his "bigger on the inside" pocket somehow.

-Kind of wonder about the TARDIS. Not the Doctor's but there's quite a few spare ones still around what's left of Gallifrey I guess.

https://www.bigfinish.com/releases/v..._campaibeastie.

Big Finish is tackling the 7th Doctor's time before his regeneration in the 1996 tv movie.

Kind of hope that all this hype doesn't fizzle out in spectacular fashion.

Think there was a lot of optimism for Colin Baker's Doctor it seems, although some of that might have been some expecting Tom Baker 2.0 due to the weird outfit, similar name, similar curly hair and Colin wanting to match or best his record. Then The Twin Dilemma happened and the rest of his TV run, although an improvement on that somewhat, wasn't much better. The audios improved on this of course.

Then again, Davison's era was generally well regarded and got decent ratings so maybe they hoped that momentum was while Jodie's generally wasn't and lower rated (I blame this mainly on Chibnall's approach rather than Jodie or the choice of a female Doctor; also I generally thought season 12 was a decent and fun season outside some aspects of the TC concept-Pre Hartnell or In-between Doctor concept can work but the whole Doctor being responsible for the Time Lords was a bit much and Orphan 55) I think and David/RTD is a bit of an attempt to win viewers back I think.

Filming starts today on Ncuti's second series, so his first is already done and ready. Wow. At the rate they're going he'll begin filming the third series next year, so I'm guessing Doctor #16 is already chosen.

Just checked IPlayer for the content, all of Classic Who bar Unearthly Child and some of the missing episodes from the 60’s, most of the animated episodes are included but Underwater Menace isn’t (presumably because it’s too recently released). I think they mentioned BBC Sounds is supposed to have some stuff but I can’t see it currently.

Tales Of The TARDIS looks to be selected stories with scenes of the aged characters in the modern TARDIS brought back to discuss their adventure included. Haven’t seen them yet but it’s Five and Tegan on Earthshock, Jamie and Zoe on The Mind Robber, Six and Peri on Vengeance On Varos, Jo and Clyde on The Three Doctors, Steven and Vicki on The Time Meddler and Seven and Ace on The Curse Of Fenric. Curious to see if it’s a good way of getting modern fans into Classic Who with select adventures, though it’s exclusive to IPlayer so I guess international audiences will miss out.

Also we have:

- All New Who up to Power Of The Doctor
    - All of Doctor Who Confidental for Series 1-6 (Minus Christmas Invasion and The Runaway Bride, not sure if they had any)
    - K9 and Company Special
    - The Infinite Quest and Dreamland animated movies (each done as one story)
    - The Sarah Jane Adventures and Torchwood and Class in their entirety
    - Della Derbyshire Documentary
    - Brian Cox The Science Of Doctor Who Documentary
    - Doctor Who At The Proms (2008, 2010, 2013)
    - Whose Doctor Who (Classic Doctor Who Documentary from 1977)

Honestly an incredible amount of content. Wish Adventure In Space and Time was included and Maybe Thirty Years In The TARDIS as another iconic documentary but otherwise they have most stuff here.
    Last edited by Derek Metaltron; 11-01-2023 at 03:52 AM.

Time Meddler's a good one for Steven & Vicki, they have a lot of fun interaction in that one separated from the Doctor.

Kind of curious if Vengeance on Varos has Peri and six discussing the controversial acid scene and of course the events of Mindwarp including the ending.

Curse is probably the darkest Seventh Doctor story, especially with Seventh insulting Ace at the end and breaking her down, and seeming like he means it. Smith kind of did something similar with Amy I think but was more of a 'nicer' Doctor so kind of didn't quite sell it.

Concept of a memory TARDIS makes sense-I mean, I think that's kind of what TARDISes are mostly used by the Time Lords for probably, probably recording events while in disguise with the chameleon circuit. In Trial of A Time Lord it's mentioned that the TARDIS has a "collection range" that picks up local events, including third parties if it gets an update (Which the Doctor got presumably in ARC OF INFINITY at that point). So people can 'watch' Doctor Who episodes in the same way they did in Trial of A Time Lord.

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    Just checked IPlayer for the content, all of Classic Who bar Unearthly Child and some of the missing episodes from the 60’s, most of the animated episodes are included but Underwater Menace isn’t (presumably because it’s too recently released). I think they mentioned BBC Sounds is supposed to have some stuff but I can’t see it currently.

Tales Of The TARDIS looks to be selected stories with scenes of the aged characters in the modern TARDIS brought back to discuss their adventure included. Haven’t seen them yet but it’s Five and Tegan on Earthshock, Jamie and Zoe on The Mind Robber, Six and Peri on Vengeance On Varos, Jo and Clyde on The Three Doctors, Steven and Vicki on The Time Meddler and Seven and Ace on The Curse Of Fenric. Curious to see if it’s a good way of getting modern fans into Classic Who with select adventures, though it’s exclusive to IPlayer so I guess international audiences will miss out.

Also we have:

- All New Who up to Power Of The Doctor
    - All of Doctor Who Confidental for Series 1-6 (Minus Christmas Invasion and The Runaway Bride, not sure if they had any)
    - K9 and Company Special
    - The Infinite Quest and Dreamland animated movies (each done as one story)
    - The Sarah Jane Adventures and Torchwood and Class in their entirety
    - Della Derbyshire Documentary
    - Brian Cox The Science Of Doctor Who Documentary
    - Doctor Who At The Proms (2008, 2010, 2013)
    - Whose Doctor Who (Classic Doctor Who Documentary from 1977)

Honestly an incredible amount of content. Wish Adventure In Space and Time was included and Maybe Thirty Years In The TARDIS as another iconic documentary but otherwise they have most stuff here.
    i was hoping the conversations between actors would be more general, like with six and peri and how her character was handled.

Think there's probably plenty of that in the home video extras. Although not in character of course.

BTW RTD just confirmed that season 14 will now be considered season/series 1 and that the "New Who" era is over (2005-2022). So this is basically Doctor Who 3.0.

I think I kind of remember they wanted to do this with Matt Smith but it was dropped.

They’ve also already added new content with Talking Doctor Who, a trip through the Doctor Who Archives with David Tennant. Looks interesting so definitely seeing that. BBC seem to be kicking off the 60th well enough.

For those wondering, re RTD and undoing the Timeless Child:

"Let’s stare that question right in the eye. I’m not going to unwrite my good friend Chris Chibnall’s work on The Timeless Children. I’m not going to deny what he wrote. I’m going with it. It’s absolutely fine.”

Also, one of the commenters mentioned RTD was never a fan of the regeneration limit anyway, so its like Chibnall solved that problem for him.

It’s kinda hilarious seeing places take one line in Tales and assume it means that Tegan and Nyssa must be a couple. I assumed she was just talking about her pet cat or dog! I guess it’s open to interpretation as with so much these days.