Page 357 of 581 FirstFirst ... 257307347353354355356357358359360361367407457 ... LastLast
Results 5,341 to 5,355 of 8704
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Always kind of liked Moonbase. Sure, the spacesuits are pretty awful (although the Cybermen have certainly improved) but it has a great Troughton performance with one of his best quotes:

"There are some corners of the universe that have bred the most terrible things. Things which act against everything we believe in. They must be fought."

Plus there's a great deal of creepiness with the Cyberman in the sickbay as well, especially with Jaime's reaction to it (This was Jaime's first alien apart from the Doctor).
    I love The Moonbase. I do agree that there is a good deal of creepiness. I just love how much effort the Cybermen put into their planning from releasing a pathogen (in Sugar of all things) and casually creep about undetected and pick the crewmembers off. Then there is the Cyberman who disguises itself as one of the dead patients.

Kind of curious how they'll explain why the Tenth didn't recognize the War incarnation when he met Yana.

Maybe he's just bad with faces (after all, it took him a while to figure out where he got his twelfth face), or can really only sense other Time Lords when they're actually Time Lords? Maybe when he met Yana, he just figured he kind of resembled the Master, but brushed it off (After all, he's met plenty of other people who looked like other people-he didn't go up to the Brigidiar and ask if he was Bret Vyon, for example, or the many, many Michael Sheard characters). Maybe it explains why he's suddenly so alarmed in Utopia even though it could be any time lord....

....or it could just be one of those memory wipe things or timeline in flux (For instance, why the Doctor doesn't remember details of meeting himself, or recognize his 'new' face when he regenerates).
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

BANNED

....or it could just be one of those memory wipe things or timeline in flux (For instance, why the Doctor doesn't remember details of meeting himself, or recognize his 'new' face when he regenerates).
    One niggle in regards to that is that the Third Doctor actually knows he becomes "teeth and curls" in the future, at least that's what he tells Sarah in The Five Doctors

Finally all caught up, including Resolution.

I tried to find some recap clips on Youtube, and while you should never EVER read the comments on a YT page, the sheer amount of people who missed the point that it was a scrap metal Dalek and thus a one-off Dalek is maddening. So many viewers believe that's the newest standard design, or they're complaining that the Dalek was too weak, when really it was wrecking shop with Earth junk tech, not primarily Dalek tech. It's supposed to be crude, it's supposed to be ugly. It's covered in rusted plates.

Like, as if the Doctor had to take the camera, break the fourth wall, and directly tell the audience to calm the hell down.

I think the Third Doctor inferred that from Sarah's gestures.

I think it's impled in Day of the Doctor has some vague memories of the team-ups, such as remember seeing the Fez from Ten's POV. "I remember this...almost remember...."
    Last edited by ChrisIII; 01-08-2019 at 11:55 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    One niggle in regards to that is that the Third Doctor actually knows he becomes "teeth and curls" in the future, at least that's what he tells Sarah in The Five Doctors
    That was explained in short story titled The Touch Of The Nurazh. In it, the Third Doctor begins to regenerate, but it is aborted. Jo witnessed it and gave the Doctor a description that he had "teeth and curls." But he stops her from saying anymore to him in order to preserve his future incarnation's existence. The Third and Fourth Doctors also nearly met in a comic strip tale titled Under Pressure. The Fourth manages to leave before the Third can deduce his identity.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    I think the Third Doctor inferred that from Sarah's gestures.
    It's obvious he worked out what Sarah meant from her gestures. I honestly don't know how anyone could think he thought it up himself unless they were literally not looking at the screen at all for the whole conversation. It's painfully obvious!

The Second and Third Doctors in The Five Doctors also seem to remember meeting each other in The Three Doctors I think as well. The Second Doctor likewise refers to Omega when chatting with the Brig.

However, the first doesn't seem to recall any meetings with other Doctors in Twice Upon A Time.

In series 12 describes Ashildr as having an infinite lifespan but finite memory. She had to rely on journals and you could say the Doctor specifically 12 suffered from a less severe version.

Also maybe the chameleon arch helped mask who Yana really was till the doctor figured it out?

Yeah, twelve doesn't seem to remember the clockwork robots or Madame Pompadour in Deep Breath. Then again, he was still freshly regenerated.

Tbh I'm curious how series 11 would have gone if Capaldi stuck around for another series. Granted would series 11 be the last one or would he say screw it, lets do 5 like Pertwee?

The Master two parter and the christmas special would be rewritten? If Bill and Nardole stick around would Yaz be the only new companion? Jodie Whitaker originally tried to be a villain before auditioning for 13 so what kind of villain would she be? New or Old?

Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 01-10-2019 at 08:04 AM.

Retired

I just don't understand what 12 has against Paddington. He should try to get along with the bear, he'd be so much happier if he did.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    I just don't understand what 12 has against Paddington. He should try to get along with the bear, he'd be so much happier if he did.
    12 isn't a fan of cute and cuddly.

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    12 isn't a fan of cute and cuddly.
    12 needs more pink in his colour selection. It's been shown to calm aggression in prisons--as documented in PADDINGTON 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    12 needs more pink in his colour selection. It's been shown to calm aggression in prisons--as documented in PADDINGTON 2.
    He'll pass your complaint on to Clara.