Page 343 of 581 FirstFirst ... 243293333339340341342343344345346347353393443 ... LastLast
Results 5,131 to 5,145 of 8704

So that makes four i’ve Watched, one I couldn’t be bothered with, and this one, that I couldn’t sit through. The social commentary is getting so thick you could cut it with a knife.��

BANNED

I give it a 7/10 (nothing this season deserves a 9 or higher), the references were welcome (actually wasn't expecting there to be as many besides the Fez), Lee Mack was very endearing in the short time he had in the story, Bradley Walsh is outperforming all the leads, there was a real tragedy to Charley and Kira, and the delivery men were straight out of the McCoy era..that said, there were problems with it, for one thing if Charlie had died on the conveyor belt we wouldn't have had an ending, the delivery men can penetrate the TARDIS, and there still isn't enough interaction between the Doc and the male companions.

Hate to be a party pooper but I thought this episode was just a complete waste of time.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I enjoyed Kerblam! more than I thought I would. I feel like they are doing a better job giving all three companions something to do.
    It felt the most like a typical Doctor Who episode of all the ones this season, IMO.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

I ask, nay demand, a Kerblam Man Funko Pop.

The first episode of this season has more or less turned me off for the rest of the season. It just felt so dragged out.
    The Gypsies had no home. The Doors had no bass.

Does our reality determine our fiction or does our fiction determine our reality?

Whenever the question comes up about who some mysterious person is or who is behind something the answer will always be Frank Stallone.

"This isn't a locking the barn doors after the horses ran way situation this is a burn the barn down after the horses ran away situation."

Quote Originally Posted by mr_crisp View Post
    The first episode of this season has more or less turned me off for the rest of the season. It just felt so dragged out.
    I'm hard-pressed to think which season premieres (not counting assorted Christmas specials) were good, or at least as good as the rest of the season. I was pretty bored by Rose, New Earth, Asylum of the Daleks, and pretty much each and every one of Capaldi's first episodes -- so for me, the boring premieres are the majority of the premieres. I thought the Eleventh Hour was great. Smith and Jones and Partners in Crime were fun but just above average, I feel. The Impossible Astronaut had me glued to my seat.

I liked The Woman who Fell From Earth overall. I thought the package was well delivered. But it's still rather light on the things that usually make up a Doctor Who episode, so I get it if some were turned off by it.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    I give it a 7/10 (nothing this season deserves a 9 or higher), the references were welcome (actually wasn't expecting there to be as many besides the Fez), Lee Mack was very endearing in the short time he had in the story, Bradley Walsh is outperforming all the leads, there was a real tragedy to Charley and Kira, and the delivery men were straight out of the McCoy era..that said, there were problems with it, for one thing if Charlie had died on the conveyor belt we wouldn't have had an ending, the delivery men can penetrate the TARDIS, and there still isn't enough interaction between the Doc and the male companions.
    In the McCoy era the Doctor was able to receive "junk mail"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jIPVL8doqzQ

Like isomorphic controls and the whole state of grace thing, "Nothing can enter the TARDIS" is also somewhat inconsistent. Or maybe it's just that like the chameleon circuit, the other systems are sort of in a state of disrepair all the time.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

I'm taking it with a large shaker of salt but it looks like Chibnall and perhaps Jodie might be leaving Who in the near future.
    If true, while I won't miss Chibnall losing Jodie would be huge.

Hold your machete tight! Personamanx's Avatar

I've been digging Whittaker's tenure so far. It's certainly better than Capaldi's run was at this point.

BBC have confirmed series 12 will air in Autumn 2019

https://www.starburstmagazine.com/do...broadcast-2019

However, next season may be Chris Chibnall's last as he is unhappy behind the scenes, and Jodie may go with him
    I hope this isn't true. Wouldn't mind Chibnall going but Jodie has so much potential.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Hopefully Jodie sticks around even if Chibnall leaves; although Tennant and Capaldi left with their producers, Tom Baker if I remember went through four, and it's possible Moffat would've produced Tennant if he stuck around for at least one more season.
    Yeah, one of the let downs of the New Series has been never gettign to see a new producer's take on an existing Doctor, they always seem to want to start fresh. Tom Baker showed how well one Doctor can be in a completely different style from how they started... repeatedly. It needs to happen again now.

Quote Originally Posted by Personamanx View Post
    I've been digging Whittaker's tenure so far. It's certainly better than Capaldi's run was at this point.
    Capaldi was an amazing actor let down by (mostly) poor scripts. Jodie may not be quite as great an actor but the writers are giving her such great material (mostly) that she is coming across way better.

BANNED

i enjoy Jodie, but I honestly think people are being too nice to her...she's passable, but does not really stand out as a Doctor.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

i enjoy Jodie, but I honestly think people are being too nice to her...she's passable, but does not really stand out as a Doctor.
    I think she's better than passable, but I don't see her competing for the best Doctor Who all-time just yet.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    I think she's better than passable, but I don't see her competing for the best Doctor Who all-time just yet.
    My list as of now from best to listed liked I hate no Doctor is Patrick Troughton, Matt Smith and Peter Capaldi (Tied), Jon Pertwee, Tom Baker, Sylvester McCoy, William Hartnell, Paul McGann, Christopher Eccleston, Jodie Whittaker, John Hurt, Colin Baker, Peter Davidson, & David Tennant (Nothing against Tennant Fantastic Actor I just dislike 10). So yeah she's sightly lower than middle of the pack for me but she's only 7 episodes in which makes middle impressive IMO.

BANNED

Jodie defends the show's topical structure

http://www.digitalspy.com/tv/doctor-...al-storylines/