Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
Curious about the Master/Missy too. I'm sure that perhaps Gomez could return (Moffat of course used RTD's Master, for instance, and even answered a few questions about the transition to Missy from the messed-up EOT Simm).

Of course Simm's Master shot her 'full blast' that apparently was fatal enough to stop the regeneration, but this is the Master we're talking about, who has always managed to somehow cling to survival despite being 'dead' quite a few times.

One funny thing that's mentioned in "Sound of Drums" "End of Time" and heavily implied in the stories with Rassilon is that Time lords can somehow resurrect dead time lords. The Master was brought back somehow to fight in the time war (Whether it was from the Roberts version of some big finish version depends on your head-canon I guess), the Simm master was brought back in a weird ritual using the ring, Lucy's imprint, life-force and books or some kind of potion, and of course Rassilon came back, although the seeds of that might've been laid in "The Five Doctors".

I suppose you can say there's "undead" Time Lords too-Morbius, Omega, and those weird cloister guys. Even Borusa is brought back in some of the books-the War Doctor novel even has Rassilon using him as a Time War weapon.
Also the Master was given a full regeneration cycle when resurrected during the Time War so there is always the chance Missy wasn't the direct next version of the Master of Simms there could be a few actually.