Page 498 of 581 FirstFirst ... 398448488494495496497498499500501502508548 ... LastLast
Results 7,456 to 7,470 of 8704

Part of it sounds a bit like Name Of The Doctor.

Now that I think of it, makes you wonder if Clara somehow helped all those Doctors before Hartnell somehow as well.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Part of it sounds a bit like Name Of The Doctor.
    Doesn't it just.

I really think Chibnall is biting off more than he can chew here. You have The Master, Daleks, Cybermen, old companions and now these other rumour. No way they all get adequate screen-time in a regeneration story.

I feel a flash over substance story is what we will get.
    Last edited by Somecrazyaussie; 04-23-2022 at 03:59 AM.

BANNED

Big Finish have announced that the Fugitive Doctor and Sacha Dhawan Master are to star in full cast audio dramas

https://www.doctorwho.tv/news-and-fe...world-of-audio

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

So happy with this announcement, and stunned to see we're getting 13th Doctor era stuff so soon at Big Finish! I really liked Jo Martin's take on the Doctor and I LOVED Dhawan's Master, so them getting new adventures is awesome. I am curious to see if we'll ever get to see or hear the transition between Fugitive and One in some aspect - she's getting comics as well so expanded media seems to have a lot planned for her.

Quote Originally Posted by Somecrazyaussie View Post
    Doesn't it just.

I really think Chibnall is biting off more than he can chew here. You have The Master, Daleks, Cybermen, old companions and now these other rumour. No way they all get adequate screen-time in a regeneration story.

I feel a flash over substance story is what we will get.
    Maybe some of the companions will be those regeneration hallucinations he tends to have. Or like Ten and his "farewell tour" (Smith's Doctor said he actually visited ALL his companions in "Death of the Doctor" I think, although maybe just from afar-it'd probably be awkward for the Tenth to pop up on Adric's freighter mid-crash)
    Last edited by ChrisIII; 04-23-2022 at 01:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    So happy with this announcement, and stunned to see we're getting 13th Doctor era stuff so soon at Big Finish! I really liked Jo Martin's take on the Doctor and I LOVED Dhawan's Master, so them getting new adventures is awesome. I am curious to see if we'll ever get to see or hear the transition between Fugitive and One in some aspect - she's getting comics as well so expanded media seems to have a lot planned for her.
    It's better they don't nail it down. I rather keep when Fugitive turns into One vague or I rather introduce other new incarnations between them.

In general I'm glad we are getting Fugitive Doctor and O Master boxsets.

The Fugitive Doctor is a nice surprise, but I knew it was only a matter of time before Sacha Dhawan did a Master box set, having already worked with Big Finish a few times on other box sets. Looks like this one was the most recent.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

I am curious to see what his Master boxsets will be about - if they’re prequels they kind of have two great settings between his disguise as O and his trapped period during Spyfall from the 40’s to the present. It would be interesting to see a story where we see him interact with one or more of the older Doctors and need to keep up appearances as a seemingly friendly person, or being tempted to help out his younger self in the UNIT era.

Think it's kind of implied that the Doctor had met "O" before (and not the original one since he was killed on his first day to work) so I think that's certainly a possibility that he knew a past Doctor.

Astonishing Member

Maybe some of the companions will be those regeneration hallucinations he tends to have. Or like Ten and his "farewell tour" (Smith's Doctor said he actually visited ALL his companions in "Death of the Doctor" I think, although maybe just from afar-it'd probably be awkward for the Tenth to pop up on Adric's freighter mid-crash)
    See, if Big Finish hadn't already addressed Adric's death, they could have had 10 pop up on the freighter and save Adric before it crashed. He then could have returned him to Alzarius. Missed opportunity there. Nobody would have known anyway if he had.

Adric would probably want to be dropped off on Terradon, not on Alzarius as he said in Earthshock. Also E-space might be a bit tricky to get back to, although the Doctor did say he'd be willing to after their argument and Adric's calculations were pretty good....

Astonishing Member

Adric would probably want to be dropped off on Terradon, not on Alzarius as he said in Earthshock. Also E-space might be a bit tricky to get back to, although the Doctor did say he'd be willing to after their argument and Adric's calculations were pretty good....
    Well, he had seen Adric's notes. Plus the Doctor may have calculated how to navigate CVE's in the years after his death. The freighter needed to crash, but history didn't dictate Adric needed to be onboard. Just one way of how they could have handled it.

Now there is an idea for Big Finish - box set of 10 going around and visiting past companions before his regeneration.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    The Fugitive Doctor is a nice surprise, but I knew it was only a matter of time before Sacha Dhawan did a Master box set, having already worked with Big Finish a few times on other box sets. Looks like this one was the most recent.
    The only problem with Dhawan doing a box set is that it likely means his Master is done. I doubt they'd let Big Finish handle that incarnation of The Master if they were still planning on using him on the show. Too much coordination needed.

Likewise The Fugitive Doctor as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Somecrazyaussie View Post
    The only problem with Dhawan doing a box set is that it likely means his Master is done. I doubt they'd let Big Finish handle that incarnation of The Master if they were still planning on using him on the show. Too much coordination needed.

Likewise The Fugitive Doctor as well.
    Not necessarily. Its much easier to do recordings than it is to actually have to show up on a set and film. Tom Baker does a bunch at once, I believe...Eric Roberts does his over the phone/webcam. I seriously doubt if Davies wants to use either a conflict will arise, especially since Davies himself out of all the showrunners contributes to Big Finish. They'd work it out, he seems to have a great relationship with Big Finish. They'd also be eager to work with him since that gives them more material to work with since the majority of Who material at Big Finish are prequel stories (the lone exception seems to be Torchwood, which does both prequel and post Miracle Day stories).

Just me or is Dhawan the Master with the fastest changes in "the beard"? When he's O he barely has any, but over the course of Spyfall he seems to grow it back to full.

Then in the next special ttrailer he appears to both have an even more clean shaven look but also at some point he looks like the post-Sewer Master in Curse of Fatal Death.