Page 565 of 581 FirstFirst ... 65465515555561562563564565566567568569575 ... LastLast
Results 8,461 to 8,475 of 8715

One of the things that helps with New Who is one of the Big Finish stories mentioned 8 had started over once he got to 1,000 so I always add a 1,000 to New Who age. Because 9 stated age was younger than 7.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

The Giggle was awesome. Won’t spoil anything but I think it’s set up some wonderful options for respecting the past and looking forward. Plus 15 immediately is awesome. Very excited for his first full adventure this Christmas (goblins, yay!).

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    The Giggle was awesome. Won’t spoil anything but I think it’s set up some wonderful options for respecting the past and looking forward. Plus 15 immediately is awesome. Very excited for his first full adventure this Christmas (goblins, yay!).
    I love Gatwa's energy. Cant wait to see his own full episode
    Geek / Gamer / Filmmaker / Indy Pro Wrestler
    @SebastionEnvi (Twitter/Instagram)
    youtube.com/SkunkLifeMedia

Haven't seen the full thing yet but I'm kind of reminded of what happens at the end of Avengers Forever (the 2001 comic, not the recent one) with the two Kangs.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

I was watching the 3rd special at the comic shop today and me and another guy both commented that no one mentioned Ncuti Gatwa spent almost his entire first appearance in his underwear.

The special was okay. Not sure how I feel about the "regeneration".

I wasn't crazy about Neil Patrick Harris. Every time he used that German accent, I half expected him to say "Legend...wait for it...dary!"
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Not sure if it's spelled out but I think it's sort of implied that somehow the bigeneration is from some part of timey-wimeyness, as the 15th is basically brought from the future when the 14th dies for real, but 15 turns out "ok" because the 14th has learned to relax with Donna and fam.

Kind of like there's some kind of fanon or something that the Watcher is technically the Fifth Doctor. Or something like that.

And of course I can see Valeyard theories going crazy pretty much.

Ironically Mel is here (and will return next season to boot since she's shown doing stuff with Ncuti) and she's a companion who was out of sequence too, at least in Trial of A time Lord. Finally got to see her actually do some computer stuff.

Also I'm pretty sure that bit with the Toymaker spinning her might be a reference to the spinning in the bubble trap from TIME AND THE RANI. Nice to see they acknowledged Glitz too.

Of course the 'tooth' is an interesting plot point. I bet some are looking at the revealed villains to see if any of them are wearing it....also I don't remember Michelle laughing, wonder if she recorded something new? Anthony and John though could be heard.

As for Ncuti's appearance, Tennant did spend a lot of his first episode in pajamas and Pertwee was in most of his first episode (although not the whole serial) in a hospital gown.

I was able to watch the third episode, thanks to dailymotion: not something I'd recommend because the video kept stopping and I had to constantly reload it. Seriously, streaming needs to be streamlined. But, I liked it, for all the reasons people have said. Neil Patrick Harris was an odd choice for the toymaker, but he did a good job. And I think I like ncuti, but I'm not sure what vibe Russel Davies is going for with him.
    Last edited by protege; 12-09-2023 at 07:08 PM.

Kind of wonder if the Master's forced regeneration kind of 'broke' the Doctor's regenerations somehow hence the last two being far from normal (at least as far as the Doctor's concerned).

I loved every minute of it. I'm super excited for the Christmas Special.

With Ncuti being a very 'huggy' Doctor by the look of things it'd be interesting if he did a multi-Doctor with season 8 Twelve.

Kind of liked the companion puppet show noting the fates of the Smith and Capaldi companions as well. The 13th Doctor at least did manage to keep her companions alive/able to return to a normal life, at least.

Also Mavic Chen in the same breadth as the Time War and Pandorica was a bit weird. Then again according to some of the novels and audios new time destructors were used in the Time War, so I guess that sort of counts?

Or Chen somehow survived being exterminated and battled the Doctor in some unseen adventure or maybe somehow later (If fifteenth is later in fourteen's personal timeline?)

Also kind of fun to see Trinity Wells back again as well. Kind of expected it with RTD, Tennant and Tate back...
    Last edited by ChrisIII; 12-09-2023 at 08:36 PM.

Well, they answered question on him sticking around longer. Loved the entire episode and I like 15 so far.

Edit: Rewatched and it dawned on me there was some foreshadowing there when the Toymaker was talking about Amy, Clara, and Bill also technically River although not mentioned there they all "Died" but got to "live" on thanks to a loophole. Just like 14 and the Bi-Regeneration.
    Last edited by Jokerz79; 12-09-2023 at 09:18 PM.

Honestly not sure about the bi-generation. It would explain how the Fourth Doctor is the Curator. It means he does not revisit old faces but is going back through his regenerations. It is also implied the Toymaker is the Timeless Child and not the Doctor. I consider Chibnald's run the worst in Doctor Who history, but I could live with the Time Lords being an offshoot of the ToyMaker. The gold tooth is another example of the Master being one step ahead of everyone and planning on how to steal another body. The Toymaker is not the "boss" the Star Beast spoke of, but I am wondering if the boss is Rassilon. The Kilt workes for the Doctor but dancing in a club does not.

Maybe the Tales of the TARDIS versions of 5-7 are the "retired" Doctor as well.

Gotta wonder if the watch from FLUX is in both TARDISes as well as they should technically have all the stuff, just that 15 added the jukebox and the handicap accessible ramp. Probably a chair later on too.

Brand new Sonic. Drops the cyndrical look and is now more of a remote/compact/bottle opener/tricorder? thing.

BTW thinking on the special, it can be seen sort of as a finale to 2005-2022 WHO in a sense with at least part of the Doctor able to find some peace, and the new Doctor seemingly free of a lot of the guilt that has been sort of a running theme throughout all the current Doctors to a degree. Hence the next season being "Season one" again.