Page 402 of 581 FirstFirst ... 302352392398399400401402403404405406412452502 ... LastLast
Results 6,016 to 6,030 of 8701

Here's the 'Farewell, Sarah Jane' video.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    Here's the 'Farewell, Sarah Jane' video.
    That was fantastic. It was a great end to the Sarah Jane Adventures and it even included references to the fates of old Doctor Who characters. Given the circumstances, this was a great way to tie up the loose ends that obviously could not be tied up with Elisabeth Sladen's tragic passing.

Not to sound callous or anything, but given many other delays in TV and movie production due to the virus, and that Doctor Who is prone to year-long delays regardless, could season 13 be delayed maybe until 2022? I think production is supposed to start this fall (and I think "Revolution of the Daleks" is pretty much all set).
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Not to sound callous or anything, but given many other delays in TV and movie production due to the virus, and that Doctor Who is prone to year-long delays regardless, could season 13 be delayed maybe until 2022? I think production is supposed to start this fall (and I think "Revolution of the Daleks" is pretty much all set).
    I hope not. I can't wait for the 13th era to be over
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by The Whovian View Post
    I hope not. I can't wait for the 13th era to be over
    Likewise, but its not the 13th era per se, its the Chibnall era. As long as he's at the helm for any future Doctors (#14, #15, etc) we'll get more of the same. I'm waiting for that to be over.

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    Likewise, but its not the 13th era per se, its the Chibnall era. As long as he's at the helm for any future Doctors (#14, #15, etc) we'll get more of the same. I'm waiting for that to be over.
    Agreed, that's it. I like the 13th Doctor, but she's sorely in need of a much better writer.

By the middle of their first seasons, we (and their respective actors) had a much better grasp of the nuWho Doctors' personalities for Nine, Ten, Eleven, and Twelve. We're two seasons into 13 and we still don't have any clear delineation of it other than a penchant for thinking through mysteries and plans out loud (and even then that's not exactly unique among the Doctors -- Ten was big on this, too, and the others to a lesser extent).

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    Agreed, that's it. I like the 13th Doctor, but she's sorely in need of a much better writer.
    I'll say it for the thousandth time, when Big Finish gets a hold of Jodie she will shine. I hope she's game (and that they ask) when its all over.

By the middle of their first seasons, we (and their respective actors) had a much better grasp of the nuWho Doctors' personalities for Nine, Ten, Eleven, and Twelve. We're two seasons into 13 and we still don't have any clear delineation of it other than a penchant for thinking through mysteries and plans out loud (and even then that's not exactly unique among the Doctors -- Ten was big on this, too, and the others to a lesser extent).
    Agreed.

I think Capaldi took a little longer to grow into the role-in season 8 he's pretty much strict like the first and sixth Doctors, and also has the jealous streak that Nine had.

In the next two seasons he's far more relaxed, although still easily annoyed by some people. He also basically went from constantly insulting Clara to pretty much ticking off Gallifrey all over again to bring her back.

It's interesting that Chibnall agreed to become a showrunner before Capaldi's own departure was finalized. Chibnall asked Capaldi if he'd like to stay for one or two more seasons, but Capaldi knew what he wanted and was firm about ending when he did. Chibnall would have the advantage of an already established Doctor from a predecessor as a way of easing in his own tenure; on the other side, though, there'd be a chance that Capaldi's run would have suffered and then wouldn't have ended as high as it did under Moffat.

I'm a fan of when we have transitions or some overlap between runs, like Ten and River from RTD's era appearing in Moffat's era (yes, I know Moffat created River), or even among Doctors themselves (Rose, Mickey, and Jack with Nine and Ten, or Clara serving under both Eleven and Twelve). But Capaldi made the right choice for himself personally, and likely as it turns out, for his own Doctor as well.

I straight up did not like Capaldi in his first season. His rudeness and meanness were a little much and his "am I a good man" arc felt ham-fisted and forced. But the character grew past that and the 12th Doctor embodying kindness is, in my opinion, one of the most interesting things done with the character.

I think some say it was kind of intended, that he kind of figured out his moral dilemma in "Death in Heaven" and kind of calmed down a bit (although he's still a bit grumpy in "Last Christmas" but noticeably kinder towards Clara, especially at the end)

And that there is probably the key to each incarnation of the Doctor having success - even though they are centuries upon centuries old, they still have visible character growth.
    The 1st Doctor started off as a complete ass, willing to cave in a ... well, caveman's skull with a rock. He was arrogant and condescending to Ian and Barbara. But by the end, he had definitely changed. He became more ... human.
    Skip ahead, the 3rd started off hating his exile, hating being forced to work for UNIT, looked down upon Sarah Jane when they first met - but the 3rd was still a vastly different Doctor at his end than when we first met him.
    The 7th Doctor started off as a cringe inducing clown but soon worked out (both narratively and in-world) that didn't work. A very quick change to the master manipulator and planner, yet underneath we saw that even his darkest plots were based around his father like relationship with Ace. Afterall, both the Curse of Fenric and Ghost Light rotated around forcing Ace face her demons and overcoming them.
    "Let me guess. My theories appall you, my heresies outrage you, I never answer letters, and you don't like my tie!"
    @Matt_of_Geek
    Now writing at The Atomic Junk Shop

CBR Community Standards and Rules

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    I think Capaldi took a little longer to grow into the role-in season 8 he's pretty much strict like the first and sixth Doctors, and also has the jealous streak that Nine had.

In the next two seasons he's far more relaxed, although still easily annoyed by some people. He also basically went from constantly insulting Clara to pretty much ticking off Gallifrey all over again to bring her back.
    Capaldi took a while to get into his groove, but I liked his dynamic with Clara and the adventures were higher quality than this. Poor 13, Moffatt at his worst was superior than what she's getting. Her best episodes would be equal to a mediocre Moffat one. Occasionally she'll get an episode that I love except they're far too few in frequency. I don't get it since Chibnall was great for Torchwood.

No, not really.
    The top secret team driving around in a neon lit vehicle.
    Almost losing to the equivalent of hillbillies.
    One of the team being a date rapist.

All those mini series were awful.

It was not a great show.
    "Let me guess. My theories appall you, my heresies outrage you, I never answer letters, and you don't like my tie!"
    @Matt_of_Geek
    Now writing at The Atomic Junk Shop

CBR Community Standards and Rules

The third season was considered pretty good, but I'm not sure how much Chibnall was involved in that.