Page 359 of 580 FirstFirst ... 259309349355356357358359360361362363369409459 ... LastLast
Results 5,371 to 5,385 of 8689
    BANNED

Just heard Big Finish's main range is to have a new script editor later in the year, as Alan Barnes is stepping down.

BANNED

And apparently now the Doctor Who Legacy game is shutting down. Confirmed on their Facebook.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Finally got the Tom Baker : The 1st season collection on bluray and its beautiful. Its good to see this and new extras. The extra of them on the couch and Sladen's daughter sit next to Baker. You can see him watch and think , If only I was back young again I'd play the Doctor all over again. Because you see how much he loved doing it.

Anyhow no idea if this has been posted or not. BBC is making another Tom Baker season collection due to how successful this last season was !

https://www.doctorwho.tv/news/?artic...-bluray-range/

I do kinda wish they would go in order and do season #2 and so forth. But I hope that stays the plan eventually.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Yeah, it's awesome. And I agree, I wish they would release them in order.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Retired

At present, Josh Snares is doing a series of youtube videos on the missing DOCTOR WHO episodes. He's done four parts so far, covering the William Hartnell period. It's a fine series and a welcome companion for my DW rewatch. The missing episodes is one of the great detective stories of our time.

Here's part one and you can follow from there on youtube.

Quote Originally Posted by The Whovian View Post
    Yeah, it's awesome. And I agree, I wish they would release them in order.
    I really hope we get those season sets for the other Doctors as well. But I can see why they are doing Tom Baker 1st , he's the most identified Doctor and had the longest run.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

There's a Davison set as well, season 19. I think after Tom he's probably the best known classic Doctor to the newer fans; he was the first Doctor to cross over to the new series, has the family connection to Tennant, and has also appeared at several Doctor Who events such as the concerts and some sketches (Such as the muppet thing which Tennant also did). He also seems to still be a fixture on British TV.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    There's a Davison set as well, season 19. I think after Tom he's probably the best known classic Doctor to the newer fans; he was the first Doctor to cross over to the new series, has the family connection to Tennant, and has also appeared at several Doctor Who events such as the concerts and some sketches (Such as the muppet thing which Tennant also did). He also seems to still be a fixture on British TV.
    I never knew this til I checked Wal-Mart's site and Amazon. While I praise BBC for how well they priced Tom Baker's 1st season blu-ray the pricing on Davison's set is completely stupid. There is 6 more episodes but no way should the set be near $60 bucks to get. Its the same trap the BBC did when they released their DVD's and a few at FYE would tell me how they never sold any due to terrible price points that the BBC placed on them.

And its not like that season has anything awesome begging you to buy. I have seen the episodes online and well..."Earthshock" is the best one with maybe Four to Doomsday. But honestly its not like that season is as awesome as Baker's 1st season with a bunch of great episodes. Yet they priced the Baker one easier to pick up.

Yes BBC great job and realizing that the American market is wanting season sets of shows after years of this. But work on the fucking price points on what your selling here.

I think "Kinda" is often seen as a highlight of the season as well, and sort of had a more experimental, thought-provoking approach to things that defined a lot of Davison's era (and a bit of Tom's last season as well).

The Blu-ray release also has new optional special effects for Castrovalva (stuff for Earthshock and Kinda was already done with their releases).
    Last edited by ChrisIII; 02-10-2019 at 02:18 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    I think "Kinda" is often seen as a highlight of the season as well, and sort of had a more experimental, thought-provoking approach to things that defined a lot of Davison's era (and a bit of Tom's last season as well).

The Blu-ray release also has new optional special effects for Castrovalva (stuff for Earthshock and Kinda was already done with their releases).
    kinda stands out due to the philosophical and religious call outs to both Buddhist and Christian teachings. There is some Carl Jung thrown into the mix as well. Plus it features one of the best ever acting performances from a supporting cast member with Simon Rouse as Hindle. The way he slowly has a complete mental breakdown across the serial is fascinating to watch. I grew up with him as DCI Jack Meadows on The Bill. so to see him here blew my mind as a kid.

The Visitation is also good in how traditional it is.

Also debuted some new animatronic special effects for the terriliptils. Although they still look dated by today's standards, they kind of were a step ahead some of the other monsters of the time. Too bad they didn't use the same technique for the Silurians later on in Warriors of the Deep, who instead had their eyes flash like they were Daleks. (Maybe they blew that money on Kamelion).

BANNED

Finally, Twitch have achieved the rights to the remaining classic Dalek stories, including The Five Doctors, and will be marathoning them from the 17th through to the 22nd of February

https://www.doctorwho.tv/news/?artic...-upA6wyEEdl8#_

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Doctor Who is getting a special animated virtual reality episode where you get to be the companion of the 13th Doctor...

https://www.denofgeek.com/uk/tv/doct...ay-bbc-vr-film

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    Doctor Who is getting a special animated virtual reality episode where you get to be the companion of the 13th Doctor...

https://www.denofgeek.com/uk/tv/doct...ay-bbc-vr-film
    It's only 12 minutes long and the graphics looks pretty dire in comparison to the Adventure Games of the early 2010s.

Retired

I think it would be a lot more fun to be the Doctor yourself and then have your pick of the 70 or so companions to travel with you. My top picks for companions on my adventures: Jamie, Clara and Leela.