Page 561 of 581 FirstFirst ... 61461511551557558559560561562563564565571 ... LastLast
Results 8,401 to 8,415 of 8711
    Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

So shot in the dark but since we now have comic characters appearing in live action like Beep, how awesome would it be if Beep’s ‘boss’ they ominously teased turned out to be Josiah Dogbolter from the Sixth Doctor era comics and that lead to Frobisher finally appearing in live action?

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Overnight Ratings were about 5.08 million which were the best ratings since Jodie's first new years special (Resolution). Probably will get a boost from Iplayer and the overseas Disney+ stuff, especially since Disney seems to have some investment in the show.

Special was family friendly, so I'm guessing the next two are what RTD meant as a "not for kids". Guessing "Wild Blue Yonder" will be kind of similar to Impossible Planet/Satan Pit, Water of Mars etc. in tone.

Also fits nicely into post-2005 Doctor Who's usual pattern of starting each new incarnation with an Earthbound adventure (Usually modern day although "Deep Breath" wasn't) followed by a space one.

Curious thing about Fourteenth being different from Tenth, he seems far more open with his emotions (outright saying he loves people). Think he even seems to say something along the lines of that being new.

Kind of wondering if the BBC is going to merchandise Rose's stuffed WHO villains like the Dalek mutant. And the Meep of course.
    To merchandise the stuffed Who villains, there would have to be some storyline where it turns out that they turn alive.

Which might happen with the Celestial Toymaker coming back.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

It'd be kind of hilarious to see the "Cute" Dalek mutant try to make a casing out of cardboard or something.

Some of the best WHO has been adapted from other media (Dalek, Human Nature, Lodger, this etc. were all at least partly based on novels, Big Finish or the comics) so I'm all for more of that. Also the idea of destroying Gallifrey happened in the Eighth Doctor novels, although the TV show version with the Daleks (although other worlds were affected in the crossover-Homeworlds of the Nestenes, Gelth, Zygons etc) is somewhat easier to follow than all the Faction Paradox stuff.

I suppose the 'boss' could be the toymaker, although the "Two heart" thing could mean the Master (John Groff?) or another surviving Time Lord.

I can actually see Groff as a somewhat Delgado-esque Master, who turned up the charms and manners quite often (perhaps reflecting Jon's Doctor) which we don't really see that often with the others (except with maybe his Saxon or O persona before the mask dropped) Although it never really worked in his favor-even the villains could kind of see he was up to something and didn't quite buy his cover stories (So he often used the hypnotism or threats instead), without even the Doctor going "This man is an imposter!" or something like that.
    Last edited by ChrisIII; 11-26-2023 at 11:44 AM.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

I guess it could be a time lord called the Warden but it's probably the Master. Someone new is always an option.

A Warden could be interesting. Time Lords kept prisons such as the Genesis ark and Shada for example, and exiled, time-looped, erased from existence, or put into other dimensions dangerous alien species like the Fendahl, Vampires etc.

Although of course that seems to be the Shadow Proclamation/Judoon's main job now.

I felt the Star Beast episode was very average and as personal enjoyment even lower because it just seemed too children's show for me. But that's merely personal taste. As a minor nitpick the wheelchair with guns seemed silly especially as I personally know how high tech they can be now-a-days. Instead, they just up teched an old fashioned one. Why not just have her hold a gun? Mostly I just wasn't feeling the magic with the old duo, "Look you loved these guys didn't you!" but it felt a bit tired and extended cameo. I'd rather now that they'd just gone straight to Ncuti Gatwa and Millie Gibson.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

The show probably needs to reveal if the Monk or Rani might have survived the Time War too, would be interesting to see how RTD could distinguish them better from the Master.

Wonder if Shirley was originally intended to be Osgood but they felt that was too much continuity to bring in (Since they are off doing Zygon peace stuff perhaps)?

As for the Rani, I think it was mentioned a while back that rights to her have to be worked out with the estate of Pip and Jane Baker which are complicated. It's why Big Finish can't use her that much either.

I guess it's OK to mention her since Tales from The TARDIS said that his last adventure with Ace involved her (Hope it wasn't Dimensions In Time...).

Gatwa has stated he would want Gillian Anderson in the role. I remember Gillan narrated FUTURE FANTASTIC, a BBC documentary (Which also aired on one of the science channels here in the USA) about science fiction meeting science fact, in the late 90s. It used some clips from Doctor Who.
    Last edited by ChrisIII; 11-26-2023 at 01:28 PM.

As for the Rani, I think it was mentioned a while back that rights to her have to be worked out with the estate of Pip and Jane Baker which are complicated. It's why Big Finish can't use her that much either.
    But that doesn't extend to the Monk though does it? They should have brought him in ages ago.

Gatwa has stated he would want Gillian Anderson in the role. I remember Gillan narrated FUTURE FANTASTIC, a BBC documentary (Which also aired on one of the science channels here in the USA) about science fiction meeting science fact, in the late 90s. It used some clips from Doctor Who.
    Would she do it? I thought she was burned out on science fiction thanks to X-Files. If not, cool. Though I always wanted to see Tilda Swinton in the role at least once.

It'd be kind of hilarious to see the "Cute" Dalek mutant try to make a casing out of cardboard or something.

Some of the best WHO has been adapted from other media (Dalek, Human Nature, Lodger, this etc. were all at least partly based on novels, Big Finish or the comics) so I'm all for more of that. Also the idea of destroying Gallifrey happened in the Eighth Doctor novels, although the TV show version with the Daleks (although other worlds were affected in the crossover-Homeworlds of the Nestenes, Gelth, Zygons etc) is somewhat easier to follow than all the Faction Paradox stuff.

I suppose the 'boss' could be the toymaker, although the "Two heart" thing could mean the Master (John Groff?) or another surviving Time Lord.

I can actually see Groff as a somewhat Delgado-esque Master, who turned up the charms and manners quite often (perhaps reflecting Jon's Doctor) which we don't really see that often with the others (except with maybe his Saxon or O persona before the mask dropped) Although it never really worked in his favor-even the villains could kind of see he was up to something and didn't quite buy his cover stories (So he often used the hypnotism or threats instead), without even the Doctor going "This man is an imposter!" or something like that.
    It's kind of awesome that Davies chose an adaptation for the first story of his new run.

He's had success with it in the past, especially "Human Nature."
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Never thought I would basically see the comics come to life.

Bring on 8 and a new face!
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Random, but I'd like to see 8 and Fugitive in a story together.

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    Random, but I'd like to see 8 and Fugitive in a story together.
    Big Finish has got you covered.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    It's kind of awesome that Davies chose an adaptation for the first story of his new run.

He's had success with it in the past, especially "Human Nature."
    Also he was able to weave it into the return of the master as well (and of course Chibnall also used it with the Fugitive Doctor/Timeless Child arc).

A Warden could be interesting. Time Lords kept prisons such as the Genesis ark and Shada for example, and exiled, time-looped, erased from existence, or put into other dimensions dangerous alien species like the Fendahl, Vampires etc.

Although of course that seems to be the Shadow Proclamation/Judoon's main job now.
    The Doctor is supposed to be a renegade of time lord society. So having them chase after the Doctor and mistake them for the master would be funny.Mirage?

PS. It would be cool if Meep's boss was Swarm or the Grand Serpent.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 11-27-2023 at 09:52 AM.