Page 442 of 580 FirstFirst ... 342392432438439440441442443444445446452492542 ... LastLast
Results 6,616 to 6,630 of 8689
    Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

It might explain a little why Big Finish hasn't had him return to play Mickey since. There was a period he was playing other characters in audios for them but that suddenly stopped. Makes me wonder if he was considered difficult to work with, especially with female actors. It's a shame as I have often wanted to see them do a Smith and Jones boxset to continue the adventures of Martha and Mickey. But time will tell how this goes. Bafta are also in hot water for possibly knowing about all this before they handed him an award for the cop show he currently does at Sky (though they have already dropped him from future seasons).

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    It might explain a little why Big Finish hasn't had him return to play Mickey since. There was a period he was playing other characters in audios for them but that suddenly stopped. Makes me wonder if he was considered difficult to work with, especially with female actors. It's a shame as I have often wanted to see them do a Smith and Jones boxset to continue the adventures of Martha and Mickey. But time will tell how this goes. Bafta are also in hot water for possibly knowing about all this before they handed him an award for the cop show he currently does at Sky (though they have already dropped him from future seasons).
    They only dropped him after he was exposed. Sounds like regular showbusiness to me, unfortunately

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    They only dropped him after he was exposed. Sounds like regular showbusiness to me, unfortunately
    That makes it sound like they knew about his behavior...which isn't certain

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    That's true. We don't know. But that wouldn't surprise me.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    True. But it hinges on when the latest incidents allegedly took place. If this has carried on until recently, then rumblings might have done the rounds. Things do get spoken about in hushed whispers on set. Nevertheless, they've taken the only steps they can until this is investigated further. Which the Met will have to do (regarding the sexual assault/harassment). But it is claims of that and bullying on set. Not looking good I am afraid.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    I thought it was because he might have been a tad difficult.

Dalek Universe 2 gets a trailer.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post

Dalek Universe 2 gets a trailer.
    The trailer for the first one was great.

Bit burned out on Daleks. They are starting to be all over Big Finish and I think that is due to Briggs weird fetish for them. Still, at least they appear to be credible threats here.

On the other hand, I DID grab Out Of Time 1 and I enjoyed that immensely. Can't wait for the second with Davison.

Ironically the Daleks weren't a big part of Dalek Universe 1.

https://www.bigfinish.com/news/v/ten-s-teammates

Dalek Universe gets posters and plot descriptions. Could the Lost be another timelord?
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 05-07-2021 at 04:58 PM.

The growing Noel Clarke scandal now includes three allegations from his time on Doctor Who. Article link.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    The growing Noel Clarke scandal now includes three allegations from his time on Doctor Who. Article link.
    The Guardian has another article about on-set behavior. It seems to be a big reason why Eccleston left (that, contrary to popular opinion, he enjoyed working with Davies and Piper, but he had to defend others on set), while Tennant had the effect of making the set more grounded and professional.

And not to defend anyone, but the BBC said they reprimanded Barrowman about his behavior, which they said he then promptly stopped. I think it's telling that while Clarke has these allegations, revelations about Barrowman aren't from past on-set colleagues (though that could change), but rather pieced together from comments by other actors during conventions, Q&As, and even parody songs by the cast that poke fun at Barrowman. If Clarke was reprimanded but continued in this behavior, then yeah he's in even bigger trouble.
    Last edited by Cyke; 05-07-2021 at 09:10 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I have yet to pick up the monthly mag with his insights. So this article certainly was a good read (especially for someone like me who regularly competes in the Short Trips competition). Doctor Who is incredibly versatile and can work in any genre. That part is true. The challenge comes in trying to find something "new" to say. Which is hard with a franchise closing in on 60 years. Each era has its own rules upon which they work by as well.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    The Guardian has another article about on-set behavior. It seems to be a big reason why Eccleston left (that, contrary to popular opinion, he enjoyed working with Davies and Piper, but he had to defend others on set), while Tennant had the effect of making the set more grounded and professional.

And not to defend anyone, but the BBC said they reprimanded Barrowman about his behavior, which they said he then promptly stopped. I think it's telling that while Clarke has these allegations, revelations about Barrowman aren't from past on-set colleagues (though that could change), but rather pieced together from comments by other actors during conventions, Q&As, and even parody songs by the cast that poke fun at Barrowman. If Clarke was reprimanded but continued in this behavior, then yeah he's in even bigger trouble.
    From what i've read, Barrowman's was purely in jest and he was a bit of a prankster. Doesn't make it any less inappropriate. However the stuff coming out about Clarke is troubling and, if he had been reprimanded, yet continued on with his behaviour anyway, he has some serious explaining to do. The BBC had to have been aware of it though.

Astonishing Member

Also a rumour floating around that Galaxy Four is getting the animated treatment. No surprises if true. The Drahvins are all clones, there are 3 odd Rills and, what, 3 sets?