Page 541 of 581 FirstFirst ... 41441491531537538539540541542543544545551 ... LastLast
Results 8,101 to 8,115 of 8709

Sally is married to Marcus Mumford of Mumford & Sons.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    Man, I'd support that to the hilt.

I agree, but oddly, I think that absolutely worked perfectly for Eccleston, who I still miss dearly as The Doctor. The lower class northern accent and pared-down costume, a darker more haunted alien who enjoyed living among humans, with endearing vulnerability behind his mad eyes. And I say all that as a Classic-Who-preferring fan.

Life is full of its ironies and perhaps The Doctor who cared for the role the least was among the top best.
    It fits the post Time War era. I got into Doctor Who as a teen in high school so he was the right fit for me. He felt like what the American version of Doctor Who should be like to me.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Anyone else think a UNIT based Doctor Who spinoff is better done than Torchwood? I really never get why they don’t consider doing it with Kate and a new cast of characters, especially as with the Big Finish audios it’s the perfect place for the B-Listers like the Sontarans, Silurians, Zygons and Ice Warriors. Save the Daleks, Cybermen and Weeping Angels for their own shows as previously suggested (outside maybe a Silurian prehistoric mini series with their origins).

Also I would love to see a video game where we could control a team of UNIT operatives vs various threats across the world, either as a Mass Effect style RPG or an XCOM style tactical game.

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    Anyone else think a UNIT based Doctor Who spinoff is better done than Torchwood? I really never get why they don’t consider doing it with Kate and a new cast of characters, especially as with the Big Finish audios it’s the perfect place for the B-Listers like the Sontarans, Silurians, Zygons and Ice Warriors. Save the Daleks, Cybermen and Weeping Angels for their own shows as previously suggested (outside maybe a Silurian prehistoric mini series with their origins).

Also I would love to see a video game where we could control a team of UNIT operatives vs various threats across the world, either as a Mass Effect style RPG or an XCOM style tactical game.
    It might be a good idea for Davies to explore in his second era.

I finished "8th Doctor: Time War" volume 6 and it was fun. It's different than the others but still the same.

Bit worried that RTD is comparing all the spin offs to modern Star Trek because that’s a pretty inconsistent franchise these days ( especially Discovery which is still awful). Still I have faith in him more than Alex K.

BANNED

Bit worried that RTD is comparing all the spin offs to modern Star Trek because that’s a pretty inconsistent franchise these days ( especially Discovery which is still awful). Still I have faith in him more than Alex K.
    Like Trek, DW spin-offs of the past are also a mixed bag, SJA and Torchwood are still held in high regard by fans. Class and K9 not so much.

Ok did NOT expect this but Caitlin Blackwood is coming back to voice Amelia Pond in a story where the teenage Amy meets Missy in one of two stories for Volume 3 of The Eighth of March majorly female voiced and behind the scenes boxsets. The other story sees Leela and the Fourth Doctor meet and try to protect scientist Marie Curie.

https://www.bigfinish.com/news/v/mic...turns-as-missy

Ok did NOT expect this but Caitlin Blackwood is coming back to voice Amelia Pond in a story where the teenage Amy meets Missy in one of two stories for Volume 3 of The Eighth of March majorly female voiced and behind the scenes boxsets. The other story sees Leela and the Fourth Doctor meet and try to protect scientist Marie Curie.

https://www.bigfinish.com/news/v/mic...turns-as-missy
    It's fun fanservice. Missy probably encourages Amy's Doctor obsession.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    It's fun fanservice. Missy probably encourages Amy's Doctor obsession.
    I love it, plus it gives us the chance to have Caitlin continue to play the character on audio and see some of her misadventures with Melody and young Rory, since I doubt Karen is going to be free any time soon.

I love it, plus it gives us the chance to have Caitlin continue to play the character on audio and see some of her misadventures with Melody and young Rory, since I doubt Karen is going to be free any time soon.
    Melody's actor did a 10th Doctor audio and Rory's actor had done other audios so that could be fun.

Time War: Cass got a promo video.

BANNED

Some disturbing and shocking news for the Youtube Doctor Who community

Votesaxon07, who reviews many Doctor Who toys, apparently murdered his girlfriend and unborn child in December, pre-recorded a 'livestream' as an alibi, and then carried on making videos as recently as last week. He's been arrested and charged.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-64494847

I bought volume 4 of the War Master series "Anti-Genesis". There is a sale going on for Dalek related stories.

So I am in the process of mapping out mentally a Doctor Who Metrovania/Souls style game ala something like Hollow Knight or Jedi Fallen Order and very loosely inspired by the Time Fracture immersive experience, any suggestions for stuff you think should be included in a game like that? (Spoilers for the inevitable question: no you aren’t playing as the Doctor but a UNIT character and possibly some others.)

So I am in the process of mapping out mentally a Doctor Who Metrovania/Souls style game ala something like Hollow Knight or Jedi Fallen Order and very loosely inspired by the Time Fracture immersive experience, any suggestions for stuff you think should be included in a game like that? (Spoilers for the inevitable question: no you aren’t playing as the Doctor but a UNIT character and possibly some others.)
    Would we be able to fight a dalek or cyberman?
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 02-07-2023 at 08:20 AM.