Page 506 of 581 FirstFirst ... 6406456496502503504505506507508509510516556 ... LastLast
Results 7,576 to 7,590 of 8710

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    Number 2 Alexander Siddig (I know he no longer uses that name but I can't spell his real name it's very long and for those unfamiliar with the name Bashir from DS9 or Ra's Al Ghul from Gotham) .
    Where did you hear that? He still uses that name professionally, he's listed as such in the upcoming series "Shantaram."

But yeah he'd make a good Doctor OR Master, IMO.

I was hoping for Sacha Dhawan or Ruth Wilson myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    Where did you hear that? He still uses that name professionally, he's listed as such in the upcoming series "Shantaram."

But yeah he'd make a good Doctor OR Master, IMO.
    You may be right I know he originally went by Siddig El Fadil an abbreviated version of his full name which is really long on DS9 before changing it to Alexander Siddig due to people's issues with pronouncing his name. I read somewhere once he quit using Alexander that could had been wrong or he could had gone back to using it I don't know to be honest. I just didn't want to accidentally misname him people are very sensitive to that today it seems. So I just wanted to put a caveat on my statement as so I might not to accidentally offend anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    You may be right I know he originally went by Siddig El Fadil an abbreviated version of his full name which is really long on DS9 before changing it to Alexander Siddig due to people's issues with pronouncing his name. I read somewhere once he quit using Alexander that could had been wrong or he could had gone back to using it I don't know to be honest. I just didn't want to accidentally misname him people are very sensitive to that today it seems. So I just wanted to put a caveat on my statement as so I might not to accidentally offend anyone.
    There's actually a story behind that. He talked about it at a DS9 convention. He said he wanted to change his name for the reasons you described, but when he looked in a name dictionary, he basically said F it and choose Alexander.

The clip is on youtube, problem is its not cut up and these panels are at least an hour long. But yeah, he's known professionally as that, but personally, he's still Siddig El Tahir El Fadil El Siddig Abdurrahman Mohammed Ahmed Abdel Karim El Mahdi. His son with Nana Visitor has the "Siddig" last name.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRay View Post
    How do the lost episodes factor in to all of this? Do we know what happened in those episodes?
    In addition to the audio/telesnaps mentioned above the screenplays were intact, and almost every classic WHO story was novelized during the show's run so that helps too (Although there are some changes of course- For example,Tenth Planet when it was adapted updates the story somewhat. For example the novel wasn't written until 1976, so the novel was updated to the year 2000 instead of the serials not-too-far-in-the-future 1986, the Cybermen are described as being similar to those of the Tom Baker era, and a movie playing is a James Bond movie, specifically THE MAN WITH THE GOLDEN GUN).

Several of the episodes with only audio available have been re-created using animation as well.

Occasionally the missing episodes are found, but that's unfortunately fairly rare.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Astonishing Member

What's interesting is that Ncuti wasn't first choice. His audition was literally the last one they did. RTD even mentioned it the other day that they had another actor in mind and were about to notify them they had the part. Makes me wonder who it was.

Quote Originally Posted by Somecrazyaussie View Post
    What's interesting is that Ncuti wasn't first choice. His audition was literally the last one they did. RTD even mentioned it the other day that they had another actor in mind and were about to notify them they had the part. Makes me wonder who it was.
    That's interesting. I wonder if they'll pop up as the new Master.

BANNED

Russel has seen Jodie's finale

He said: "It's like a 10-year-old's fantasy version of Doctor Who but with muscle and punch and light and colour."
    Also says the public were on the cusp of finding out who Ncuti was and they had to announce him quickly

https://www.radiotimes.com/tv/sci-fi...ns-newsupdate/

Wonder if he'll face the Daleks. Pretty sure they've been in every season since 2005 in some way or another (All of Jodies's New Years eve specials if not the proper seasons counts I think)-not sure if that's because of the Nation estate's deal or simply because of their popularity.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post
    Also says the public were on the cusp of finding out who Ncuti was and they had to announce him quickly

https://www.radiotimes.com/tv/sci-fi...ns-newsupdate/
    Alot of people have theorized that may have been the case (Probably the tabloids had hold of it). Purely because of how sudden the announcement was made compared to that of the last few Doctors.

Big Finish updated their website with the trailer for War Master volume 7: Self Defense.

Wonder if RTD himself was the source of the David Tennant returning rumors as he said they put out some false leads.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Wonder if RTD himself was the source of the David Tennant returning rumors as he said they put out some false leads.
    I have a feeling he was. Bet David was in on it too.

I also think the false dates were him as well. Maybe even that Hugh Grant rumour.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Big Finish updated their website with the trailer for War Master volume 7: Self Defense.

BANNED

They're back!

David Tennant and Catherine Tate return to Doctor Who for the 'battle of a lifetime'

https://www.bbc.co.uk/mediacentre/20...ne-tate-return