Page 369 of 580 FirstFirst ... 269319359365366367368369370371372373379419469 ... LastLast
Results 5,521 to 5,535 of 8689

I thought the last season was ok when I watched it, but oddly I have no desire to ever see it again. On top of this, if I was told you can only watch either another series of Pennyworth, or season 12 Dr Who for a bit of loopy British weirdness. Then I'd choose Pennyworth. Which for me feels like a very strange thing to say.

Quote Originally Posted by Indian Ink View Post
    I thought the last season was ok when I watched it, but oddly I have no desire to ever see it again. On top of this, if I was told you can only watch either another series of Pennyworth, or season 12 Dr Who for a bit of loopy British weirdness. Then I'd choose Pennyworth. Which for me feels like a very strange thing to say.
    Its understandable actually. Pennyworth is new and feels fresh. Doctor who is an old show so it feels safe which could make it predictable.

A tenth/thirteen crossover has been announced at NY comic con, with the two going up against the Weeping Angels.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    A tenth/thirteen crossover has been announced at NY comic con, with the two going up against the Weeping Angels.
    Wooooooohoooooo!! David is back!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Sounds fun to me

Oops! Forgot to mention it's comics-only. Sorry about that.

This is a comic not tv from what I'm seeing because the internet isn't going nuts to have David back I mean 10 is low on my list but fans loved him.

Note was typing as Chrislll was posting update.

If David did return I think that could still work. Although he's aged a bit, They could just use the "Time differential" thing as an excuse again (Which was used in "Time Crash" to explain why Troughton, Pertwee and even more obviously Davison appeared older during the Doctor team-ups-the timelines are basically aging them to the same age barring regeneration as their current incarnation, or something like that).

Makes me wonder if Tenth visited the Eleventh at the end of Trenzalore he'd suddenly become the old Doctor from Sound of Drums/Last of the Time Lords.

Tennant and Jodie are fairly similar in a few ways, they both have that sort of enthusiasm/energy (Smith had it too but it was a bit different IMO). Although Tennant had more of a dark side/god complex at times and we haven't seen that out of Jodie quite yet.
    Last edited by ChrisIII; 10-05-2019 at 06:52 PM.

Honestly, I wished they had Year 4 comics for the other doctors (10,11,12) as I dug their other Years.

I'm cool with a 13/10 crossover special for the show.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 10-06-2019 at 12:56 PM.

If David did return I think that could still work. Although he's aged a bit, They could just use the "Time differential" thing as an excuse again (Which was used in "Time Crash" to explain why Troughton, Pertwee and even more obviously Davison appeared older during the Doctor team-ups-the timelines are basically aging them to the same age barring regeneration as their current incarnation, or something like that).

Makes me wonder if Tenth visited the Eleventh at the end of Trenzalore he'd suddenly become the old Doctor from Sound of Drums/Last of the Time Lords.

Tennant and Jodie are fairly similar in a few ways, they both have that sort of enthusiasm/energy (Smith had it too but it was a bit different IMO). Although Tennant had more of a dark side/god complex at times and we haven't seen that out of Jodie quite yet.
    well there is a Troughton theory that before forcing his regeneration the Time Lords had The 2nd Doctor and Jamie go on mission hence why they looked older especially in the 2 Doctors where the Doctor had gray hair.

Constant in Opal Nine Crocodile's Avatar

Oops! Forgot to mention it's comics-only. Sorry about that.
    Well, drat.

Anyway, to address another point, I saw David at last month's Dragon Con and he doesn't look to have aged all that much. I think he could pretty easily step back into the role if he wanted.

Constant in Opal Nine Crocodile's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    well there is a Troughton theory that before forcing his regeneration the Time Lords had The 2nd Doctor and Jamie go on mission hence why they looked older especially in the 2 Doctors where the Doctor had gray hair.
    The "Season 6B" theory. It had enough cachet that at least one novel is set during it.

Another way around this would be to have Jodi team up with the Metacrisis Doctor and Rose. I always wanted to see an episode exploring what happened to them on "Pete's World." Since he is half human he will have aged a bit.
    "The White Queen welcomes you, TO DIE!"

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Indian Ink View Post
    I feel the same. The only episodes I would be interested in seeing again are TWWFTE, Rosa and Kerblam! (Which feels the most traditional Who story out of the lot.)

Finally got to see Resolution tonight. (Amazon Prime has the digital version to own marked down to $2.99) I enjoyed it much more than the rest of season 11.
    "The White Queen welcomes you, TO DIE!"