Page 422 of 581 FirstFirst ... 322372412418419420421422423424425426432472522 ... LastLast
Results 6,316 to 6,330 of 8704

If Richard Ayoade ever becomes the Doctor, they should keep Moss's inability to swear.

"Floppers" or "What the Flip" should be his catchphrase

PS. Big Finish redeemed the Eric Roberts version of the Master.

I'm looking forward to his upcoming boxset.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 01-11-2021 at 06:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    If Richard Ayoade ever becomes the Doctor, they should keep Moss's inability to swear.

Give us Gallifreyan swears!

Doesn't the TARDIS filter out bad language or something like that?

IMHO Ayoada was pretty Doctor-like in Soul.

And Kris Marshall (who was almost 13) is now in the lead for the odds!

Which means it won't be him. :P
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Capaldi's era featured some nods/in-jokes to his other non-WHO roles so something similar could happen.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

https://winteriscoming.net/2021/01/1...leston-return/

New details about the Big Finish 9th Doctor adventures.

There is a rumor about Himesh Patel being the 14th Doctor. He was "Mahir" from Tenet.

There is a rumor about Himesh Patel being the 14th Doctor. He was "Mahir" from Tenet.
    Rumor, sure, but if true...I can see it. I wonder if they'd let him keep the mustache and beard.

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    Rumor, sure, but if true...I can see it. I wonder if they'd let him keep the mustache and beard.
    https://www.small-screen.co.uk/himes...taker-bbc-one/

Maybe they might have him do a Hercule Poirot? Make his mustache exaggerated?

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    https://www.small-screen.co.uk/himes...taker-bbc-one/

Maybe they might have him do a Hercule Poirot? Make his mustache exaggerated?
    Let him have the beard!
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Lightbulb

Okay, I'm going to say it. I don't care if I take any backlash. I think the character of the Doctor works best as a man. I'm not saying a woman can't play the Doctor rather the preferred default should always be male whenever possible. If they want a female Time Lord centric series again they should use Susan, Romana, or Jenny instead of gender-swapping the Doctor.

And I also think Himesh Patel would be a fine choice for the next Doctor.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    Okay, I'm going to say it. I don't care if I take any backlash. I think the character of the Doctor works best as a man. I'm not saying a woman can't play the Doctor rather the preferred default should always be male whenever possible. If they want a female Time Lord centric series again they should use Susan, Romana, or Jenny instead of gender-swapping the Doctor.

My question is would they ever gender swap the other direction, or will it only ever be male to female?

Imagine Roman (Romana), The Raja (The Rani), John (Jenny) Rio (River (resurrected and given more regenerations I suppose)).

They said outright this happened with the Corsair, but we never saw him/her on screen. I kinda want Big Finish to tackle that (Big Finish is basically our last hope these days).

Speaking of female Time lords...

http://www.followingthenerd.com/comi...50th-birthday/

I've enjoyed what I've read of Titan's comic series so far; although Doctor Who's comics history, like other big franchises, has had it's ups and downs.

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

Well thankfully you're not making decisions like that.

Okay, I'm going to say it. I don't care if I take any backlash. I think the character of the Doctor works best as a man
    That's because he is one. Really don't know what they were thinking when they tried to tinker with the regenerations. They should just do a full reboot, now is the perfect time since unlucky thirteen almost killed the franchise lol. You just can't stay in the current continuity, not after this clusterf***
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Doctor Who's continuity has never been that straightforward. For example, the various futures of Earth, how aware Earth of is of aliens etc.

The series since 2005 in particular has even joked about this, with the UNIT dating (Mentioned in the first Sontaran episodes) and the Three Atlantis fates (In Magician's Apprentice).

Even regeneration has been unclear. Is it a response to injury/age, or can Time lords do it whenever they want (Romana in Destiny of the Daleks, also the Rani says she can do it)? Are Time Lords just the elite of Gallifrey, or are all Gallifreyans time lords etc.

Doctor who is reboot proof. You don't have to reference the timeless child anymore than you reference the Doctor being half human.

You could just regenerate and move on.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 01-20-2021 at 01:10 PM.

Doctor who is reboot proof. You don't have to reference the timeless child anymore than you reference the Doctor being half human.

You could just regenerate and move on.
    Yeah ... Saying reboot Who is kinda dumb and shows a lack of understanding about the show.

Literally every regeneration is a soft reboot.

Continuity getting reset has even happened over the course of an episode!