Page 387 of 581 FirstFirst ... 287337377383384385386387388389390391397437487 ... LastLast
Results 5,791 to 5,805 of 8707
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Indian Ink View Post
    I'm surprised by how low the consolidated viewing figures are. Barely a million more on top of the overnight viewers. I'm middle aged, one of the oldies, and even I don't watch anything live anymore. Are younger people waiting for a series to finish and then binge watching? More viewers were consolidated watching back when Capaldi had his final season three years ago. What's up?
    They took a year off, that's what happened.

Wondering if we'll learn more about the mystery of Ruth in the finale. Also maybe the Master showing up again as episode 4 hinted that the Doctor is looking for him.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Incredible Member

The Oodcast is a doctor who fan podcast.

http://theoodcast.com/s08e04/

The first sketch they do is a work of art. #doctorwhoَ

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Wondering if we'll learn more about the mystery of Ruth in the finale. Also maybe the Master showing up again as episode 4 hinted that the Doctor is looking for him.
    Logically we should, but personally I think the odds are even that we ever will.

I think the Timeless Child is Chibnall's Trenzalore- the big myth arc of his tenure as showrunner. So the finale would probably give us more pieces of the puzzle. Whether that involves the Master or the Ruth Doctor is anyone's guess but those two mysteries feel intertwined to me.

I think Sacha is confirmed to be doing four episodes, so that's probably the last two episodes.

Kind of interesting that it seems we're getting yet another Master/Cybermen finale story, probably.

https://www.bigfinish.com/releases/v...tranded-1-2169

Doctor Who: Stranded got updated with a trailer and cover art with a full cast list.

Haven't seen number seven yet, but just watched number eight. OVER ALL QUITE GOOD, but a lot of nitpicks; did Mary Shelly and company try to leave the house before getting her baby and only then getting frantic about getting him? They never did explain the animation of dead body parts, and why did these parts replace the baby at one point? (lets just place a jump shock moment without any explained reason for it shall we?) Any maid would know the trick to let a baby suckle on your finger to keep it quiet. Why did the ...........(bad guy) kill the helpless ...... but save the equally harmless ......? Total character assassination against Lord Byron making him a complete double faced coward (Hiding behind a woman no less) whom in actual history later died fighting for Greece's freedom from the Ottoman empire. Finally I'm really not keen on this new mind-meld power the present Doctor has.

One of the better episodes of this series I think, but far from perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by Indian Ink View Post
    Finally I'm really not keen on this new mind-meld power the present Doctor has.
    The one so new it was in Tennant's first season; that 'new' power?

I liked last night's episode and I'm pretty excited for next week's episode. This episode reminded me of last year's "Resolution" and it did a good job of making the Cyberman scary. They aren't my favorite villain but I respect the work that's been done to make them less "discount Daleks" in the 2000s era.

The Doc has had telepathic powers before but they tend to pop up once in a while and are inconsistently used. I don't mind if someone tried to hash out how they actually work.

Kind of speculated prior to the episode that maybe Frankenstein would turn out to be a Cyberman.

Although this isn't the first Frankenstein homage the show has done-There was of course Brain of Morbius.

I was wishing the Doc said that she used to travel with Mary Shelley. She did that as the Big Finish version of the Eight Doctor.

I do agree with Indian Ink on how the jump scares where handled. They did try to justify it with them being a product of Percy Shelley and the cyberman database but that always felt weak or rushed.

To be fair that was a common problem with NuWho and not just Chibnall's era.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 02-17-2020 at 12:35 PM.

Bug in connection gone so was able to watch seven. Episode was Ok, Syrian dream monsters looked great. Hard to take the dream god fingering everyone's ear seriously. I've noticed an unintended effect of having so many episodes close together dealing with important historical events or emotional issues. Throwing aliens and whatnot into these so often has an effect of making too much light of human adversity or achievement. These episodes need to be spaced out a bit more I think.

Another terrible continuity moment, again with an introduction scene. Syrian girl travels with Doctor to pick up the companions, but we have to believe the Doctor picks each of them up, then they sit down, then the Doctor offhandedly introduces her?! Perhaps the Doctor is socially awkward, but the companions are from modern Britain. They would introduce themselves upon contact. All the writers needed to do was to have an acquaintance moment instead, which can be picked up and dropped and aren't required immediately.

Syrian girl: "So this Britain, it is part of Spain ,yes?"
    Ryan: "It is during the holiday season!"
    Then the Doctor interrupts.

The viewer can fill in the gaps, I can't believe the writers are so cack-handed as to not see this.

Quote Originally Posted by Elden View Post
    The one so new it was in Tennant's first season; that 'new' power?
    I don't remember it. Thanks for filling me in.

Ok I don't like this old power the Doctor has.

I think it's used a bit (although at a lower level) in the classic series too. The Time lords are telepathic with each other at times as we see in pretty much all the multi-Doctor episodes ("Contact" in Three Doctors, the "Must be one" moment in Five, and the Doctor figuring out his other self is in seville in Two Doctors). The Master also is able to lure the Doctor to Gallifrey in Hand of Fear using it, and it's possible the Master's hypnotism is a form of it as well.