Page 563 of 581 FirstFirst ... 63463513553559560561562563564565566567573 ... LastLast
Results 8,431 to 8,445 of 8715

They have some new photos of the Ncuti debut Christmas special, including Davina McCall (Who previously had a voice role in "Bad Wolf" as herself...kind of) and some kind of goblin creature that kind of looks a bit like an evil Grogu.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

Got myself a VPN so i could actually use the bbc iplayer, dunno whether its because i am a mark for all things Who or not but i am actually starting to fancy the 2nd Doctor when i didnt care for him for the longest time.

Also just finished the Out of Time series from Big Finish. LOVED Tenant and Davison together. Second place going to the 6th/10th and then 4th/10th.

Really enjoy the Big Finish version of colin baker by far over his short lived TV run
    Last edited by KabutoRyder; 12-01-2023 at 09:29 AM.
    Geek / Gamer / Filmmaker / Indy Pro Wrestler
    @SebastionEnvi (Twitter/Instagram)
    youtube.com/SkunkLifeMedia

https://www.denofgeek.com/tv/doctor-...t-davies-book/

Den of Geek theorizes a connection between 15's Christmas Special and RTD's novel Damaged Goods.

Today's of course WILD BLUE YONDER, which is supposed to be the 'scary' special I guess, kind of expecting a sort of "Space horror" tone with this one.

Which I think is something WHO does pretty well, plenty of examples in classic WHO but also in RTD and Moffat. The Chibnall era mainly had Tsuranga conundrum I think (and that wasn't really horror), a lot of Jodie's stories were mainly based on Earth, some other planet, or a historical era so I don't think there were that many 'spaceship horror' stories except maybe for parts of the Acension/Timeless finale.

Except I'm not sure there's any cast confirmed apart from Tennant and Tate.

Given that this is also technically an anniversary story I'm wondering if this might feature some returning villain, although that might be saved for the Caretaker. Would be interesting to see how Donna would do with Cybermen, think she's one of the few Nuwho companions to miss them entirely, as she tangled with the Daleks and in her mindwiped state met the Master(Who had taken over Shaun and Sylvia). Curiously though, there's a Cybermen, Lupari and Weeping Angel toy and Donna never encountered those on TV. Although it's possible it was an offscreen adventure or Donna and Rose's minds were still linked on some level with the Doctors so they 'experienced' his/her memories and further adventures.

Wonder if the preview for Giggle will include a hint of the regeneration.
    Last edited by ChrisIII; 12-02-2023 at 10:37 AM.

Preview for Giggle does include a hint of the regeneration; the sky seems to be kind of similar to the one where the Toymaker has a giant laser or something. So I wonder if that's the catalyst.

Which would make three Doctors in a row being shot by lasers as the catalyst for their regenerations, I think. And of course ten used up a regeneration after getting hit by a laser to regenerate into himself in Stolen Earth/Journey's End.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

spoilers:
    Wild Blue Yonder was fantastic, definitely love these character focused stories whenever Who does them like Boomtown, Heaven Sent and now this. Outside the somewhat pointless Issac Newton scene (which I think disrupts the arrival by doing something just for comedy and I presume an ongoing joke going forward that gravity is now called mavity) the script is tight and scary in all the most unsettling ways. David and Catherine do an excellent job as their doppelgängers and I was especially impressed how Catherine can do scary (David has plenty of experience). And yay for Wilf! So overjoyed he’s back one last time (and looking amazing too).
    end of spoilers

Looks like the console room set will get a little less empty in the preview. It's got an "Ipod" .

I'm going to have to rewatch Wild Blue Yonder again. I have to say I was a bit underwhelmed by the first viewing but I am pretty sure I fell asleep at one point (bad night of sleep).

But I will say that I loved the Wilf appearance for sure.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Called it being "Space horror".

So the Timeless stuff/Flux is still pretty much in continuity, or at least addressed, although he might've just been reassuring the fans that he won't retcon the Chibnall stuff....yet.

Some of the blue/greenscreen for the hallway was a bit iffy although the slightly off CG worked for the messed up anatomy of the doubles. The teeth and not getting things exactly right seemed a bit like Prisoner Zero's Olivia Colman version.

I thought last night's episode was fun and I liked the character work.

Funny thing about the intro is that if you're familiar with classic WHO, the Fourth Doctor was the one that dropped the apple so he might be in that tree out of sight, and then had Dinner with him after his future self and Donna left to explain gravity(Mavity?); also of course in the same year the Fifth Doctor is partly responsible for the Great fire of London and then Four and Sarah get blamed for it.

Bit of a ratings slip but nothing too bad (4.83 million, Star Beast was 5.04) the episode wasn't featured in the marketing as much compared to Star Beast and the upcoming Giggle.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    I'm going to have to rewatch Wild Blue Yonder again. I have to say I was a bit underwhelmed by the first viewing but I am pretty sure I fell asleep at one point (bad night of sleep).

But I will say that I loved the Wilf appearance for sure.
    Tragically RTD has confirmed that was all that they filmed with Bernard, I think they didn’t manage to get him filming any concrete for the final story as he had some health issues. Glad they managed to get something with him in any case.

I'm guessing maybe there might be a scene in The Giggle explaining they got Wilf home safely, as Donna's family are (deliberately?) immune from this craziness.

As is probably UNIT, as they probably have extensive mental training/protections against this kind of thing, especially with the Master popping up not only in his Delgado design but giving them trouble in his Saxon, Missy, and "O" forms as well (Ainley's Master didn't seem to bother with them as much, save for the Brig knocking him out in The Five Doctors).

Curious they're reprising the glass scene from End of Time not only with the Doctor Donna stuff in the star beast but in this story as well. Wonder if it happens in the Giggle? Be weird if his regeneration has something to do with it, as that's how his face went out last time.
    Last edited by ChrisIII; 12-03-2023 at 06:04 AM.

Wilfred! And he's keeping watch when things go bad.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

This was a great episode. I was reminded a lot of Midnight, which I loved. It was really scary before we found out what was happening and they almost got me with the real Donna being left behind at the end. Great character work too, I just love this type of bottle episode.

It had some proper mavitas. (I will see myself out now.)
    Slava Ukraini!
    Truth and love must prevail over lies and hatred