Page 360 of 581 FirstFirst ... 260310350356357358359360361362363364370410460 ... LastLast
Results 5,386 to 5,400 of 8701
    BANNED

Jo, Sarah, and Ace for me

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    I think it would be a lot more fun to be the Doctor yourself and then have your pick of the 70 or so companions to travel with you. My top picks for companions on my adventures: Jamie, Clara and Leela.
    I still really would have loved Travellers Tales to get the chance to create an entire LEGO Doctor Who game with all the Doctors, Companions and Aliens included, plus a vast TARDIS hub and array of locations across all eras to visit. I even imagined an original story where the evil gods of the Whoniverse like the Celestial Toymaker, the Black Guardian, Sutekh and the Trickster teamed up to wreck havoc on the Doctor’s timeline and see characters and storylines merge or get mixed up. I guess LEGO Dimensions is the closest we will ever get to that.

BANNED

Stargazer1 you asked my opinion on New Who in another thread so here's my answer.

OK should point out my own biases favorite Doctor of all time Patrick Troughton favorite modern Doctor Capaldi with Smith a close 2nd. Hated Rose Tyler one her treatment of Mickey in season/series 1 and her self importance on the Doctor.

Series/Season 1: Loved it only two episodes I disliked were Aliens in the London and World War 3 the comedy mad it hard to take the threat serious also the idea a black man was the prime suspect in the missing persons of a white blonde girl for a year in 05 London was grossly played as a "Oh Sorry about that Mickey but I'm back now" but even there I enjoyed the episodes especially meeting Harriet Jones. Was sad Chris left at the end but also see it as a blessing it helped New Who fans get use to the idea that was part of Who. Oh and favorite episode Dalek.

Series/Season 2: Disliked a lot of this season absolutely hated Fear Her and only liked the last 15 minutes or so of Christmas Invasion once 10 opened the Tardis Doors and introduced himself. But highlights Girl in the Fireplace, New Earth, The Rise of the Cybermen, The Age of Steel and my favorite of this Season/Series School Reunion.

Series/Season 3: Liked pretty much all of it enjoyed Martha coming on board favorite episodes Human Nature, Family of Blood, Blink & Utopia.

Series/Season 4: Disliked Voyage of the Damned but loved the rest of the Series/Season Donna was my favorite companion with Tennant's 10. Favorite episodes Midnight, Silence in the Library, Forest of the Dead, Stolen Earth, & Journey's End.

The 2008-2010 Specials Loved The Next Doctor, Planet of the Dead, and Water on Mars had issues with Tennant's last story but loved the last 10 minutes of him saying goodbye to all his companions.

Matt Smith I liked the entire Smith Era so just favorites from Series/Seasons.

Series/Season 5: Eleventh Hour, Time of Angels, Flesh and Stone, Vincent and the Doctor, The Pandorica Opens, & the Big Bang.

Series/Season 6: The Impossible Astronaut, Day of the Moon, The Doctor's Wife, A Good Man Goes to War, The Girl Who Waited, & Closing Time.

Series/Season 7: Asylum of the Daleks, The Angels Take Manhattan, The Snowmen, The Crimson Horror (Diana Riggs come on), & The Name of the Doctor.

2013 Specials: Loved them all.

Series/Season 8: Pretty much liked it all except In the Forest of the Night and I hated Kill the Moon.

Series/Season 9: Loved it all with Heaven Sent being one of my all time ever favorite episodes of Who.

Series/Season 10: Liked it but didn't love it with the exceptions of World Enough and Time and The Doctor Falls first time I really loved Simm's Master.

Series/Season 11: OK like Jodie, liked the New Cast, Disliked the New Tardis Capaldi's was literally my favorite of all time so losing it was rough. Thought the Series/Season was meh to OK with a few bad episodes the one highlight was Rosa and even that I felt the villain should had been fleshed out more. I don't know if Chibnall is cut out to be Who Show Runner. He's proven to be a great Who Writer in the Past and a Great Show Runner but the jobs together aren't blending for me. I really hope Jodie gets a good 12th Series/Season to shine because I liked her in the Woman who fell to Earth but found her writing thru the rest a bit of the mess and she deserves better.

So my opinions on New Who it's a much more complex relationship than the CW shows because one I like Dr. Who better and given it's past with quality I expect more.

@ Jokerz79 haha, we are opposites! You hate what I love. I love Rose Tyler and hate The Girl in the Fireplace episode.

also couldn't stand Capaldi's Doctor, and Clara is just the worst for me. I do like the second Doctor, though. thanks for sharing, I was curious.

I thought season 6 and 8 were the weakest IMO. Season 6 kind of was weighed down by too much of the convulted River Song storyline although it did have The Doctor's wife as the standout. Season 7 for all it's faults had more standalone stuff that worked I think, and a nice bit of nostalgia being the 50th anniversary and all.

Season 8 I felt sort of retreated the Mickey/Rose/Doctor triangle with Danny a bit too much,although of course Missy was a nice touch. Plus, having Capaldi play a "grumpy Doctor" I think kind of alienated some audiences, much as it had with the Sixth Doctor. Thankfully they lightened the character up for the remaining two seasons.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

BANNED

Rose was tolerable in series one, but the writing for her felt really off in series two, and the Doctor's fixation on her throughout series three at Martha's expense just made me hate her. The romantic element only really worked in series two with the likes of Madame De Pompedor and Sarah Jane (I still see Ten and Sarah's farewell as his declaration of love to her). It ruffles my feathers to think a whole generation regard Rose as this perfect character when she's just a chav.

Rose was a real girl. She and Donna are the most realistic and relatable new who companions. The only scene Rose annoyed me was in the season 4 finale at the beach. Other than that, she was in love with the Doctor and he was too. Even Tennant said so in a convention she was the Doctor's girlfriend.

But Rose healed the Doctor and he fell in love with her. When he lost her, he lost a lot of hope. Donna was a great friend that also cheered him up a lot until he lost her too. That was Ten's story. He lost what he loved; his planet, Rose, Donna. That's why he couldn't take it anymore loss in The Waters of Mars and snapped and became the Time Lord Victorious. And it was absolutely GLORIOUS to see him so dark like that. Best episode ever. When he died, part of me died. It was so tragic but also very emotionally satisfying when he went back in time to see Rose for the last time. :'(
    Last edited by stargazer01; 02-25-2019 at 11:01 AM.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer01 View Post
    @ Jokerz79 haha, we are opposites! You hate what I love. I love Rose Tyler and hate The Girl in the Fireplace episode.
    I like Rose myself, but Sophia Myles as Madame De Pompadour? IMO, she's just a triple wow!
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    I like Rose myself, but Sophia Myles as Madame De Pompadour? IMO, she's just a triple wow!
    Sure she was very pretty, but I found the Doctor very shallow about forgetting all about his relationship with Rose for another woman he just met. He was completely out of character in the Fireplace episode, IMO. Rose was someone very important to him from season 1 and the start of season 2 and he suddenly forgot all about her for another girl. Didn't buy it at all.

BANNED

Other than that, she was in love with the Doctor and he was too. Even Tennant said so in a convention she was the Doctor's girlfriend.
    Turning DW into an icky romance was RTD's biggest failing with this show.

Tennant can say anything he likes, it doesn't change the fact The Doctor thought of Rose only as guilt by the time he was Eleven.

Best episode ever.
    Caves of Androzani says hi.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Turning DW into an icky romance was RTD's biggest failing with this show.

Tennant can say anything he likes, it doesn't change the fact The Doctor thought of Rose only as guilt by the time he was Eleven.

Caves of Androzani says hi.
    The ratings were very strong and the show was very popular in Tennant's era. And it was much more than just a romance. I guess you didn't like it when Amy wanted to get into the Doctor's pants either, and she was supposedly with Rory and ready to marry him eww... And what about the 'spoiles' girl aka River Song. Moffat's era probably had more 'icky' romance.

It ruffles my feathers to think a whole generation regard Rose as this perfect character when she's just a chav
    Being lower class is not a sin. It doesn't mean someone is a bad person unworthy of good things. Rose was very young. A typical teenager, but she had a good heart. No, she wasn't perfect, but who is? Amy? nope! Clara? Even less.
    Last edited by stargazer01; 02-25-2019 at 12:25 PM.

I still firmly believe a Time Lord can't truly be in love with a human. They can love us but not be in love I mean the knowledge of a Time Lord would kill a human so I agree with Missy we're basically puppies when compared to a Time Lord. So The Doctor had PTSD after the Time War and Rose was his service dog which makes The Rise of the Cybermen even funnier to me.

As for love and the Doctor I only accept Romana and River since she is part Time Lord but there is a caveat they just go on adventures together never anything domestic the Doctor being domestic is wrong.

Oh yes a I agree with Miles to Go Rose was more bareable with 9 than 10.

Being lower class is not a sin. It doesn't mean someone is a bad person unworthy of good things. Rose was very young. A typical teenager, but she had a good heart. No, she wasn't perfect, but who is? Amy? nope! Clara? Even less.
    Indeed, that was one of the reasons they wrote Rose with that origin. Class means nothing compared to everything she and the Doctor had faced. RTD sometimes went overboard in trying to depict lower class life (look! this is the food they eat!) but he was really big into showing people spectacularly exceed society's shitty expectations of them. Donna was a temp who couldn't figure out her life, and there she was saving the universe.

The thing with Amy, Rory, and the Doctor is that the Doctor didn't really return her affections at all, and encouraged their relationship as well.

Funny thing about Sophia Myles, she was dating Tennant at the time I think.

As for the Doctor and romance, this isn't strictly a new series kind of thing; the Doctor was briefly engaged to-and seemed fond of-an Aztec woman in the first season-and of course there's the TV movie stuff with Grace.

Both Jo Grant and Sarah's appearances more recently seemed to hint they had a bit of a crush on the Doctor as well (although that's slightly implied in the original story the Green Death as well).

Not that it necesarilly happened between the scenes with all companions-for instance, I seriously doubt anything happened with the Seventh Doctor and Ace, although there is an amusing bit in an Eighth Doctor novel where Benny, a companion of the Seventh Doctor in the novels, meets his Eighth incarnation, and it's strongly implied they got together so to speak.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth