Page 400 of 405 FirstFirst ... 300350390396397398399400401402403404 ... LastLast
Results 5,986 to 6,000 of 6061
  1. #5986
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    379

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Indian Ink View Post
    Gustaff in his review on doctorwhotv.co.uk points the question: "How did the Master deduce that the Doctor is the Timeless Child if all records after the regeneration legend had been redacted?" He only knows the Timeless Child exists, not whom he/she is now.
    During the episode I was assuming the Master made up the Timeless Child story to get the Doctor to unlock the redacted parts of the archive and find something the Master wanted but couldn't access.
    Sounds perfect.

  2. #5987
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    1,294

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    During the episode I was assuming the Master made up the Timeless Child story to get the Doctor to unlock the redacted parts of the archive and find something the Master wanted but couldn't access.
    That's a pretty good assumption there, Donald. Let's hope that is the case. Although, it doesn't explain away the Ruth Doctor or the bits about The Timeless Child revealed early on in Series 11. Otherwise it is a pretty damn good theory.

  3. #5988

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Somecrazyaussie View Post
    That's a pretty good assumption there, Donald. Let's hope that is the case. Although, it doesn't explain away the Ruth Doctor or the bits about The Timeless Child revealed early on in Series 11. Otherwise it is a pretty damn good theory.
    Making her the next incarnation of the War Valeyard would be an excellent way to have one's cake and eat it too.

    Alas.

  4. #5989

    Default

    Honestly, I wanted Ruth to be an older Susan. She was assumed to be a time lord so you could just have her regenerate offscreen. I'm pretty sure most time lords regenerated a lot during the time war. That's also a mystery you could tease out if you give her a spinoff (hint hint).

    Alas, I'll just buy Susan's War from Big Finish in April.

  5. #5990
    Fantastic Member tv horror's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    313

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    During the episode I was assuming the Master made up the Timeless Child story to get the Doctor to unlock the redacted parts of the archive and find something the Master wanted but couldn't access.
    SHHHHHHHH! Donald let them dig their own way out of the bottomless pit.
    Hail Hydra!

  6. #5991
    Extraordinary Member Celgress's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    7,424

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    Making her the next incarnation of the War Valeyard would be an excellent way to have one's cake and eat it too.

    Alas.
    It sure would, nice idea.

    Alas, I doubt Chibs will go in that direction.

    I don't want the Doctor to be Space Jesus. The Chosen One Special From The Start trope is so lazy and contrived. Let the Doctor be special for what she does not who she is or rather was.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

  7. #5992

    Default

    "Subterfuge" the audio drama comes out today.

    https://doctorwhowatch.com/2020/03/1...rfuge-release/

    I agree with Full Fat's take- having the Doctor be Tectuoan(?) might have been more interesting than having her be the Timeless child.

    I disagree with everyone as I don't think the Doctor be the Timeless child changes why she became a hero in the first place.

  8. #5993
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    1,727

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    It sure would, nice idea.

    Alas, I doubt Chibs will go in that direction.

    I don't want the Doctor to be Space Jesus. The Chosen One Special From The Start trope is so lazy and contrived. Let the Doctor be special for what she does not who she is or rather was.
    I agree, that run its course with Moffatt and the revival show runner, forgot his name.

  9. #5994
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    1,294

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    I agree, that run its course with Moffatt and the revival show runner, forgot his name.
    RTD? He certainly toyed with religious themes (which is something that really didn't start to creep in until The Runaway Bride onwards). The "lonely god" was set up to be the big arc for The 10th Doctor. His own hubris in thinking that, since he was the last time Lord left, he could do as he pleased and forego preserving the web of time. Ultimately, it was his undoing. So it is acceptable there.

  10. #5995
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    1,294

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    "Subterfuge" the audio drama comes out today.

    https://doctorwhowatch.com/2020/03/1...rfuge-release/

    I agree with Full Fat's take- having the Doctor be Tectuoan(?) might have been more interesting than having her be the Timeless child.

    I disagree with everyone as I don't think the Doctor be the Timeless child changes why she became a hero in the first place.
    It does to a degree, because now The Doctor has been manipulated by the Time Lords since she was discovered and taken back to Gallifrey. One could argue that the fact she kept reverting to doing heroic deeds means it is an intrinsic part of her character. But now she is an agent of a black ops division on Gallifrey and was sent out to interfere on their behalf. Whereas before The Doctor choosing to interfere and rebel against Time Lord laws, made her more heroic and set her apart from the rest.

    I will admit, the narrative choice does open up some interesting avenues moving forward. But it creates more plotholes than it solves. Plus it robs Hartnell of being the "first" Doctor. Which is disrespectful of the man and the legacy he set in motion.

  11. #5996
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    1,727

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Somecrazyaussie View Post
    RTD? He certainly toyed with religious themes (which is something that really didn't start to creep in until The Runaway Bride onwards). The "lonely god" was set up to be the big arc for The 10th Doctor. His own hubris in thinking that, since he was the last time Lord left, he could do as he pleased and forego preserving the web of time. Ultimately, it was his undoing. So it is acceptable there.
    That's him!

  12. #5997
    Astonishing Member ChrisIII's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    4,057

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Somecrazyaussie View Post
    It does to a degree, because now The Doctor has been manipulated by the Time Lords since she was discovered and taken back to Gallifrey. One could argue that the fact she kept reverting to doing heroic deeds means it is an intrinsic part of her character. But now she is an agent of a black ops division on Gallifrey and was sent out to interfere on their behalf. Whereas before The Doctor choosing to interfere and rebel against Time Lord laws, made her more heroic and set her apart from the rest.

    I will admit, the narrative choice does open up some interesting avenues moving forward. But it creates more plotholes than it solves. Plus it robs Hartnell of being the "first" Doctor. Which is disrespectful of the man and the legacy he set in motion.
    In the very first Troughton episode they did infer that the Doctor had perhaps regenerated before. I don't think it was really until the Doctor crossovers that Hartnell being the first incarnation in-show was accepted as canon.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

    https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

  13. #5998

    Default



    New First Doctor Audio released.

  14. #5999
    Astonishing Member ChrisIII's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    4,057

    Default

    Short thing by RTD, apparentally his original idea for the end of the Time War, the moment, and the regeneration into the Ninth: https://www.doctorwho.tv/news/?artic...D7mpzBEJowOeGc
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

    https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

  15. #6000
    Astonishing Member Charlie_1981's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Barcelona, Spain
    Posts
    2,971

    Default

    Just watching Doctor Who series 11 and 12 and I found it hard to watch, I like Jodie Whittaker as the Doctor but it is pretty sad that all the stories are far from mediocre is making me miss a lot Steven Moffat.

    It's sad but all the Doctors from new era since 2005 (from Ecclestone to Capaldi) have very good episodes to shine, some written by Moffat and it's weird that Jodie on two seasons didn't have that chance, only I found worthy the Fugitive of the Judoon episode, the rest are forgettable and the companions have very little sense to me compared to the previous ones.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •