Page 515 of 581 FirstFirst ... 15415465505511512513514515516517518519525565 ... LastLast
Results 7,711 to 7,725 of 8704

Given some of RTD's comments I'm sort of wondering if this is perhaps an alternate universe, perhaps related somehow to "Turn left" perhaps; where the events of Stolen Earth/Journey's End and the specials never happened, so Donna never had her memory suppressed and the Tenth didn't regenerate. Maybe perhaps Neil Patrick Harris is a minion of the Trickster, or the Trickster himself? I know a "Degeneration" is the big theory, but this kind of just occurred to me.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

BANNED

Twitter currently blowing up with a new 'leak' that Gatwa had been filming scenes this weekend with Tennant and Tate in the studio, and that Bonnie Langford was present as Mel along with another female character using a wheelchair. An out of focus photo was uploaded as 'proof' but it doesn't really tell you anything and some are just assuming it's a picture of Donna with Wilf (who also uses a wheelchair in the 60th)

If true it's kind of funny that outside of Sarah and Jo the show seems to be sticking to the JNT-era companions returning a lot. Then again a lot of the 70's actors are no longer with us (Basically all of Tom's companions from that era save Lalla and Louise have passed) and those from the 60s are mostly too old or have also passed.

Also some rumors about Fugitive Doctor showing up in the Jodie finale, but frankly I'd be surprised if she didn't. Rumors are also that she might have a scene with the current Master, which probably from her POV would technically be her first encounter before she 'meets' him as an academy student on Gallifrey after his/her memory is reset. Kind of curious if Jodie's finale will be a definitive end to the TC arc.

My understanding is there is not going to be any ending to the TC arc.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaled View Post
    My understanding is there is not going to be any ending to the TC arc.
    I figure they won't retcon it outright but rather simply never mention or allude to it again.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    I figure they won't retcon it outright but rather simply never mention or allude to it again.
    Under penalty of torture

Consign it to the same tip as being half-human and 'Susan made up the TARDIS initials'

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

One of the stories coming out is former companion Nicola Bryant discussing how JnT seemingly punished her over refusing to do something on the series. She discussed it on her twitter. Its also in the blu ray release of the 22nd season of the show. Then there is a story Bryant was told she couldn't tell the press she had a boyfriend because , JnT wanted to lure male fans to the show and she had to sneak off to another country for Carnival.

Its really not a good look for him in that era.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    One of the stories coming out is former companion Nicola Bryant discussing how JnT seemingly punished her over refusing to do something on the series. She discussed it on her twitter. Its also in the blu ray release of the 22nd season of the show. Then there is a story Bryant was told she couldn't tell the press she had a boyfriend because , JnT wanted to lure male fans to the show and she had to sneak off to another country for Carnival.

Its really not a good look for him in that era.
    And the part about telling her to stick to the story she was born in America and had to use the accent out in public. Poor girl did more for that show than most in that era lol.

Davison said he argued with JNT over that. Said it was silly for her to be American and she should have just been British.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Somecrazyaussie View Post
    And the part about telling her to stick to the story she was born in America and had to use the accent out in public. Poor girl did more for that show than most in that era lol.

Davison said he argued with JNT over that. Said it was silly for her to be American and she should have just been British.
    If he wanted a character to be American...just cast an American actress. I'm sure a not well known one would have taken the job and did it awhile in UK.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Yeah I think there's a fair amount of American and Canadian actors who did work/lived in the UK. That's part of the reason why Shane Rimmer, William Hootkins and John Ratzenberger were in quite a few 70s and 80s blockbuster films-because they were all North American actors who were living in London at the time, and films like Star Wars, Superman, Indiana Jones etc. made heavy use of British stages and local talent.

https://www.nasa.gov/image-feature/g...f-universe-yet

Anybody else reminded of anything here?

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    https://www.nasa.gov/image-feature/g...f-universe-yet

Anybody else reminded of anything here?
    Yeah I mentioned on Facebook that Peter Davison must have gotten hold of the telescope and it got a chuckle.

BANNED

Chibnall era composer Segun Akinola is leaving the show after the Centenary

https://cultbox.co.uk/news/headlines/composer-segun-akinola-reveals-special-for-bbc-centenary-is-his-last-doctor-who-job[/URL]

The Mirror have verified that there is to be a new behind the scenes Doctor Who show launching next year. Doctor Who Unleashed, and will air on BBC THREE and stream on I-Player

https://www.tvzoneuk.com/post/dwunleashed-mirrorreport

A spinoff of The Sarah Jane Adventures is coming to Big Finish. It will focus on Rani Chandra and features the return of Anjli Mohindra who portrayed the character during the show's run. Here's more details.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.