Page 557 of 582 FirstFirst ... 57457507547553554555556557558559560561567 ... LastLast
Results 8,341 to 8,355 of 8716

While I would like to see the Rani return, I understand there is some kind of legal issues surrounding her. I do not know what the issues are but I do know Big Finish said the legal issues are what has prevented them from using her again.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaled View Post
    While I would like to see the Rani return, I understand there is some kind of legal issues surrounding her. I do not know what the issues are but I do know Big Finish said the legal issues are what has prevented them from using her again.
    Oh I didn't know that.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Yeah, Dhawan kind of felt like a step back in a few ways, sort of like Simm's version but even more quick tempered. Also Missy hadn't been gone that long either and there wasn't really any mention of that arc at all (Although it's still possible that Dhawan's version is before Missy I guess, but didn't want to tell the Doctor about the TC in an earlier incarnation, or even later found out it might've been a lie?).

BTW there's sort of an easy retcon perhaps for the Timeless Child if they think about it; have it be an invention of the Valeyard if they decide to use him? After all last time he was used in the TV show he was the Keeper of the Matrix so he had plenty of more opportunities to further mess with it (As he tampered a bit with the evidence, although a good chunk was true; but bits like the Doctor destroying Hyperion's console and Peri's fate were not). Plus he hates the Doctor, Master, and presumably isn't fond of any other time lords (as he tried to kill the people in the trial room and caused a mess on Gallifrey for a while)....

Granted, it's a very obscure bit of continuity from one of the lower parts of the original show although the Valeyard is popular in Who expanded media. Also doesn't really explain Ruth/Fugitive Doctor unless she's the Valeyard which would be kind of not fair to Jo Martin.
    The Valeyard is up for grabs so if a future showrunner could use him if they want. He's described as an amalgam of the Doctor's darker nature. So you could do a Jekyll and Hyde scenario abd have an actor play both sides of the character. So Martin could play both the Fugitive and the Valeyard.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 11-12-2023 at 09:30 PM.

Funny thing about not using the Daleks; looks like RTD does feature at least one: https://www.bbc.com/mediacentre/2023...ildren-in-need

However, looks like this is a Dalek casing under construction and the guest star is wearing the outfit of the Kaled scientist elite military, so it seems like this takes place at some point prior to "Genesis".

Maybe RTD gives the Daleks a break by Fourteen wiping them out of history by messing up the casing construction?
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Funny thing about not using the Daleks; looks like RTD does feature at least one: https://www.bbc.com/mediacentre/2023...ildren-in-need

However, looks like this is a Dalek casing under construction and the guest star is wearing the outfit of the Kaled scientist elite military, so it seems like this takes place at some point prior to "Genesis".

Maybe RTD gives the Daleks a break by Fourteen wiping them out of history by messing up the casing construction?
    The comic strip for 14 involves the daleks too.

It's funny how both of 14's pre anniversary specials use them.

I kinda wish 14 was the star of Big Finish's Dalek universe now lol.

Wonder if there will be 14th Doctor Audios. There seems that there will be a bit of a story gap between Power of the Doctor and the Star Beast, covered by the CIN and the comic to a degree, where the Doctor is travelling alone, or with companions we don't see (Think that the 10th and 11th comics by Titan use the gaps in the Tenth Doctor's life during the 2009 specials and Smith's gap when he was running from his 'death' for a few centuries).

Wonder if there will be 14th Doctor Audios. There seems that there will be a bit of a story gap between Power of the Doctor and the Star Beast, covered by the CIN and the comic to a degree, where the Doctor is travelling alone, or with companions we don't see (Think that the 10th and 11th comics by Titan use the gaps in the Tenth Doctor's life during the 2009 specials and Smith's gap when he was running from his 'death' for a few centuries).
    It's possible and it can happen in a few years when the rights become available. It would probably be like the 9th Doctor range. Those are episodic stories set before Rose.

Unlike 9's new adventures, maybe they could longer form stories with new companions like Dalek Universe?
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 11-14-2023 at 04:03 PM.

Today is the birthday of my favorite Doctor, Paul McGann. Sadly, no Big Finish sales to commemorate the occasion.

Just started listening to his "Blood of the Daleks". Wonder if it kind of inspired "Revolution of the Daleks" which has a similar plot involving "Bootleg" Daleks?

Kind of wonder if The Daleks colourised movie edit will get a US release. I think Disney+ is mainly getting the regular TV show and not stuff like the classic series, Tales of the TARDIS etc.

There's still BBC America and Britbox but I'm not sure if they'll carry it, Britbox's catalog is a bit out of date I think.

If they release a blu-ray collection for season one I can see it ending up there as the collections have been extremely generous with including multiple edits of pretty much everything (Including even VHS edit reconstructions!). Although there seems to be a longer release window between UK and US releases at the moment (Usually it's just 2-3 months), I think Davison's season 20 is getting an April release next year, possibly because the BBC wants to push the specials and hype for the new season.

Only problem is there's no Marco Polo release although everything else is available or has animation (Reign of Terror).
    Last edited by ChrisIII; 11-15-2023 at 08:27 AM.

It will be on DVD and Bluray next year in the US but no dates have been announced.

Just started listening to his "Blood of the Daleks". Wonder if it kind of inspired "Revolution of the Daleks" which has a similar plot involving "Bootleg" Daleks?
    That was pretty good, I especially loved the ending (that is, the ending to part two, since that's a two-parter). The ending to part 1 is a spoiler for Hayley Atwell's character. Yep that Hayley Atwell of Sharon Carter fame.

Kind of interesting how many WHO supporting actors or even some extras (including in the Big Finish stuff) become famous later, including overseas.

I think Andrew Garfield and Carey Mulligan are perhaps given as the biggest examples but I think one of the most amusing is Johnny Lee Miller as an extra in "Kinda"

https://nerdgazm.net/doctor-who-libe...-recap-review/

Recap and review of the Liberation of the Daleks- the 14th Doctor comic strip that ran in the Doctor Who magazine.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

BBC Sounds currently has several 60’s adventures and Big Finish Audios for free (though presumably exclusive to UK, though I guess VPNs might help), but they have:

- Marco Polo (1st Doctor, Susan, Ian and Barbara)
    - The Dalek Masterplan (1st Doctor, Steven, Katerina and Sara Kingdom vs Daleks and Meddling Monk)
    - The Wheel In Space (2nd Doctor, Jamie and Zoe vs Cybermen)

And from Big Finish:

- The Assassination Games (Seventh Doctor and Ace reunited with Counter Measures in 1963)
    - Ravagers (Three part adventure seeing the return of the Ninth Doctor to audio)
    - Fallen Angels (Fifth Doctor and Leonardo Da Vinci vs the Weeping Angels)
    - Judoon In Chains (Sixth Doctor defends an unusual Judoon on trial in 19th Century England)
    - Harvest of the Sycorax (Seventh Doctor faces the Sycorax in the far future)
    - The Sontaran Ordeal (The Time War ravaged Eighth Doctor defends an innocent world from the Sontarans)
    - Mind Of The Hodiac (Sixth Doctor and Mel adventure based on a script written by a teenage RTD in 1986)
    - Out Of Time (The Fourth and Tenth Doctors unite to battle the Daleks on a space station beyond time)
    - The Isos Network (The Second Doctor, Jamie and Zoe deal with fallout from the events of The Invasion as they once again face the Cybermen)
    - The Beginning (The First Doctor and Susan’s very first trip in the TARDIS involves an unexpected third party)

Here’s the links!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/brand/p0gnw6dh

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/brand/p...3GikM3NUN5O4xY

Tubi now has Classic Who the content is separated by Doctors in collections for each one.