Page 445 of 581 FirstFirst ... 345395435441442443444445446447448449455495545 ... LastLast
Results 6,661 to 6,675 of 8710

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    https://www.bigfinish.com/releases/v...d_to_all_calls

Details for the next 9th Doctor adventures have been revealed.
    Sweet Thanks for the news!
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Somecrazyaussie View Post
    John would definitely be up for it if his recent comments about "I'll always go back to do more Captain Jack" is anything to go by. Billie might. Depends on the schedule and the story. I just hope that, now he has a foot in the door, Chris is open to coming back. He seems to be enjoying being back and has hinted there are certain things storywise he'd like to see Nine go through.
    Given the recent controversy with John (exposing himself regularly during production of Doctor Who apparently) and his apparent removal of video footage from the Time Fracture experience I am a little concerned if he'll be allowed to come back to Big Finish anytime soon. Annoyingly the upcoming team up with Ten in Torchwood: Absent Friends which was to be the fiftieth monthly release for Torchwood audios has been put on hold for now. It's weird to see two controversies this close together - makes me wonder if the situation with Noel Clarke had the agenda types searching for more juice. Barrowman's actions whilst not exactly healthy aren't quite as bad as Noel and he did apologize for all this stuff back in 2008, so him getting James Gunned at this stage seems unfair.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    Given the recent controversy with John (exposing himself regularly during production of Doctor Who apparently) and his apparent removal of video footage from the Time Fracture experience I am a little concerned if he'll be allowed to come back to Big Finish anytime soon. Annoyingly the upcoming team up with Ten in Torchwood: Absent Friends which was to be the fiftieth monthly release for Torchwood audios has been put on hold for now. It's weird to see two controversies this close together - makes me wonder if the situation with Noel Clarke had the agenda types searching for more juice. Barrowman's actions whilst not exactly healthy aren't quite as bad as Noel and he did apologize for all this stuff back in 2008, so him getting James Gunned at this stage seems unfair.
    It is. He owned up to, and apologised for, his behaviour. He agreed that, although he did it purely for jest and levity on set, it was inappropriate in hindsight. I mean, he was in the buff for real when they shot the scene where he is with the android versions of Trinny and Susannah in Bad Wolf. They even mention it in the Confidential episode and that everyone had a good laugh.

Noel's situation is yet to be proven and he is staunchly denying it (as he can do). But there is a difference between dropping your pants (Barrowman did it in front of the whole crew male and female) and repeatedly trying to force yourself on women when you get them alone (Which seems to be the theme with the claims against Clarke).

I thought the Colin era had rich behind the scenes drama, but 2005 is coming up like a powder keg.

Chris's voice seems a bit different, a bit softer but that's to be expected I think given that it's been over fifteen years. The classic Doctors don't exactly sound like the 1970s-1980s selves either...
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

I finished "Ravagers" last night and loved it. It's a 3 hour movie rather than a tv show. It's very time wimey but it will makes sense eventually.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Chris's voice seems a bit different, a bit softer but that's to be expected I think given that it's been over fifteen years. The classic Doctors don't exactly sound like the 1970s-1980s selves either...
    Might also be adjustment to playing the character again. Chris has done a ton of narration work, but it is a totally different beast to actually stand in a recording booth and "act" out the words in front of you. It did seem to shift back as the story progressed. So he'll get there.

Davison is one of the Doctor's whose voice has changed. Colin kind of gets away with his because sixie is more mellowed in the stories he does now. McCoy really has changed much. Neither has McGann. Tennant assumes a accent for his, but on the whole it isn't much different. Smith's likely hasn't changed. Nor would Capaldi, I imagine.

Tom has aged. But he sounds close to his younger self sometimes - especially when he is yelling or lowers his voice when he is angry.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    Sweet Thanks for the news!
    https://thedoctorwhocompanion.com/20...aYWcAo8Tvis6ss

More details about the cast and the stories individually.

What disgusts me about the situation with John is how Noel has likely done so to get revenge on the BBC - he knows the response they will create (as they seem to have done so) and the likely chance that like Gina Carano in Star Wars they probably had plans for him in more seasons alongside Jodie, plans which will certainly now have to be dropped to appease certain vocal minorities. And more importantly, it takes the conversation off him and his far worse mistakes, stuff he has only recently admitted wrongdoing with as opposed to John who admitted his issues years ago and went on to have a pretty stable career post Doctor Who for years. Not saying that John's actions back in the day were right, but it shouldn't distract from Noel's.

Interesting thing about Davison is that his voice is also very different in Four To Doomsday and Visitation-kind of somewhat a bit more squeaky. By the third story filmed (Kinda, I think) he pretty much got the tone right.

BTW: https://www.cbr.com/attack-the-block...oyega-to-star/

Wonder if they'll ask Jodie to return as Samantha in that movie?
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Rewatching Dr Who from the beginning of the relaunch. Dam it's good. Far Far better than the more recent. There must have been a very gentle slide off in quality for me not to notice it that much. I know I've been indifferent to the latest Doctor, but last new few seasons now seem like a ghost in comparison.

Big Finish is doing a Peladon boxset in January with David Troughton reprising his role as King Peladon.

https://www.bigfinish.com/news/v/tro...rns-to-peladon

Out of time 2 came out today.

Resolved it.
    Last edited by Deathstroke; 06-04-2021 at 07:27 AM.

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    Any US people having trouble processing payment through the Big Finish website? I just tried to buy the Ravagers set and they declined my payment option despite the fact that I have plenty of room on the card for the payment.

Guess I'll just have to wait until I can get it from a US based website.
    It's probably your bank doesn't recognize the purchase.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    It's probably your bank doesn't recognize the purchase.
    Just as you suspected, that is exactly what happened. So I had to call them and go through the verification to get my card reactivated and be able to make the purchase. Which I have done so the disc set will be on its way to me ASAP now.
    Last edited by Deathstroke; 06-04-2021 at 07:28 AM.