Page 392 of 581 FirstFirst ... 292342382388389390391392393394395396402442492 ... LastLast
Results 5,866 to 5,880 of 8704
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    I’d actually be okay with graham settling down and the companions going back to their old lives, as opposed to meeting some bizarre end because of traveling with the doctor. I’d be sorry to see Bradley Walsh go, but nothing lasts forever. I just wonder what sort of companion the doctor could have after this.
    Somebody that isn't a 20 something special person from contemporary britain.

Hell, have the paternoster trio break the doc out of judoon jail and give them a season of handing out in the tardis.

One thing I forgot to add to my Good list: the regeneration affect has either been upgraded or modified to show the original regenerations, but in any case, I like the visual change (consistent, not too drastic from the rest of nuWho) while retaining the same sound effects.

For Doctor Who as much as any sci-fi franchise, I feel like their sound design is just as important as their visuals, and so keeping the sounds of the TARDIS, the Sonic, and the nuWho regeneration have served well, even as those things change in appearance. While the look and sound of regeneration is uniquely nuWho, it's also the one constant that it's created since the Ninth Doctor to the present (and then retroactively applied to the Eighth and partly to the First).
    Last edited by Cyke; 03-02-2020 at 11:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Indian Ink View Post
    We shouldn't need to be going; "Ah yes, Dr Who was a deep, deep cover agent placed into the matrix of time, living out his role as a policeman to butterfly future events, and that he was found as a baby (The condition of which Time Lords must be able to induce some how, but we will never speak of it, no we won't) by a fellow agent who really knew he would be found in the lane, but had to act out as though he didn't know he would be there. And take him home to his wife whom may or may not be a human but they will always act as though they are. (And of course we are able as Time Lords to induce human type aging in one of our agents, but we will never show or speak of this ever) And when he has lived out his life they will naturally will wipe his memory, not by taking him to another secret location, but by taking him back inside the police station. It all makes perfect sense!!"
    Well, that's alright then. Cos I'm pretty sure most people weren't thinking that. On account of that not being what happened.
    "The rules of regeneration are known!"

"Sorry, what did you say? Did you mention the rules? Now, listen. A bit of advice: tell me the truth if you think you know it,
    lay down the law if you're feeling brave, but never ever tell me the rules!!"

Quote Originally Posted by shades of eternity View Post

Plus seriously cheesed that I heard Ace was supposed to be making a cameo this season and her lack of Ace will knock down my score.

You might be thinking of this novel.

https://www.doctorwho.tv/news/?artic...ldred#:~:text=

She also filmed an ad for the Season 26 blu-ray box set featuring her as CEO of her charity.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Sometimes I think we, and I mean we in the collective sense, are being bedazzled by our own intelligence. Joining the dots; sometimes just finding order and patterns in the chaos. Like those old astronomers seeing canals on mars from the craters and ice caps. These stories should be plain as day to someone of average IQ. Someone with an general IQ of 95 should be able to watch this without needing to unduly filling in the gaps or making presumptions of what apparent shown illogicalness must really mean.

IT'S POOR WRITING!

We shouldn't need to be going; "Ah yes, Dr Who was a deep, deep cover agent placed into the matrix of time, living out his role as a policeman to butterfly future events, and that he was found as a baby (The condition of which Time Lords must be able to induce some how, but we will never speak of it, no we won't) by a fellow agent who really knew he would be found in the lane, but had to act out as though he didn't know he would be there. And take him home to his wife whom may or may not be a human but they will always act as though they are. (And of course we are able as Time Lords to induce human type aging in one of our agents, but we will never show or speak of this ever) And when he has lived out his life they will naturally will wipe his memory, not by taking him to another secret location, but by taking him back inside the police station. It all makes perfect sense!!"

IT'S COMPLETE RUBBISH! It should be perfectly comprehensible to the average viewer and I sorry, but it's not. No wonder the viewer figures are dropping. The final episode had the second lowest overnight rating in the UK. Only 3.78 million, barely up from the last one.
    The stuff with the policeman was merely intended to be a metaphor/analog/clue to what happened to the Doctor/Timeless child.

One thing I also thought of. Remember the woman in White from End of Time? Maybe Tecteun's another candidate (Sure, Tecteun turned into a male but of course there's probably other incarnations). His/Her fate was kind of left ambiguous. (and some of "End of Time" was clearly going through Chibnall's line, as the Cybermaster's cheer was clearly intended to be similar to Rassilon's).

I also kind of have a theory that the two Time Lords that take their place at his side might've been intended to be Rassilon and Omega.

With the tv show, Audios, Books, and Comics Dr. Who is kind of pick you're own Head Canon so going forward I'm just pretending series 12 never happened in my head Canon.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    The stuff with the policeman was merely intended to be a metaphor/analog/clue to what happened to the Doctor/Timeless child.
    Ah, clearly I need to rewatch. It does seems a lot of the last episode was devoted in this deceptive Ireland overwrite. Again I feel more for the characters whom aren't the Dr and companions. In this case those characters weren't even 'real'.

I wasn't so keen on the Master in this episode. Personal taste perhaps, but to me he felt like a B grade Joker.

If the series gets cancelled, the ending is going to remind me of the final to 'Sapphire and Steel.' Anyone remember that show?

Quote Originally Posted by Vworp Vworp View Post
    Except this hasn't torn down anything.
    *Looks over at Gallifrey and the Time Lords*

It's lazy writing going for shock value instead of narrative quality.
    "Let me guess. My theories appall you, my heresies outrage you, I never answer letters, and you don't like my tie!"
    @Matt_of_Geek
    Now writing at The Atomic Junk Shop

CBR Community Standards and Rules

If the series gets cancelled, the ending is going to remind me of the final to 'Sapphire and Steel.' Anyone remember that show?
    Yes. Fondly.

Thinking about Joanna Lumley, technically even "Curse of fatal Death" and "Scream of the Shalka" could technically both be canon now. (Although both involve the Master, who seems to now be much younger than the Doctor, unless he's had some memory wipes too).

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    *Looks over at Gallifrey and the Time Lords*

It's lazy writing going for shock value instead of narrative quality.
    Hold up. D'you mean literally, as in The Master destroying Gallifrey and killing 'em all? If that's the case, RTD already killed the Time Lords (and had the Doc sort of do it) so the Doc could be all "Last of the Time Lords". Then Moffat came along and completely retconned what RTD did - which is either tearing down what RTD did, or building up what was there in the first place that RTD had already tore down. Depending on your point of view, I guess.

Or were you talking about the bigger picture, in terms of Gallifreyan/Time Lord history? Cos that was barely touched, outside of what had already been established.

As for quality, well that's always gonna be subjective. But it had it for me. Primarily because it wasn't all shock and awe, but somehow managed to be all big and mad and whuuuut, without changing the stuff we explicitly already knew. There's just more now, is all. And I like more.
    "The rules of regeneration are known!"

"Sorry, what did you say? Did you mention the rules? Now, listen. A bit of advice: tell me the truth if you think you know it,
    lay down the law if you're feeling brave, but never ever tell me the rules!!"

Thumbs up

I can't get behind the Doctor's origin retcon. I'm done. Sorry, this is too much. I've held in until now, however. I have my limits. I was okay with the Doctor being a woman as the Doctor is an alien who can regenerate into anything (technically). The Doctor's current gender or race makes not one wit of difference to me. The Doctor being changed from a bored Time Lady/Time Lord who ran off seeking adventure to a mysterious chosen one child is, well, stupid and runs counter to everything we know about the character. I won't support this drivel.
    Last edited by Celgress; 03-02-2020 at 04:14 PM.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Astonishing Member

Yep. David McCallum and Joanna Lumley. Although, that cliffhanger was resolved in the Big Finish audios.