Page 472 of 472 FirstFirst ... 372422462468469470471472
Results 7,066 to 7,072 of 7072

CBR's main page is speculating the TARDIS might be destroyed. Could be interesting to have the Doctor stuck on Earth again. I seem to recall that being a major criticism of RTD's first year is that the entire season was set on Earth (although at different times) or in Earth orbit. It wasn't until season 2 that we got alien worlds (although only two, really).

Think that happened in the books but it eventually regrew itself after a century or so. And of course the Tennant/Smith and Capaldi/Jodie regenerations 'broke' the console room.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    CBR's main page is speculating the TARDIS might be destroyed. Could be interesting to have the Doctor stuck on Earth again. I seem to recall that being a major criticism of RTD's first year is that the entire season was set on Earth (although at different times) or in Earth orbit. It wasn't until season 2 that we got alien worlds (although only two, really).

Think that happened in the books but it eventually regrew itself after a century or so. And of course the Tennant/Smith and Capaldi/Jodie regenerations 'broke' the console room.
    That was for budgetary reasons. RTD never felt the classic series pulled off alien worlds pretty well so it wasn't worth the risk.

Astonishing Member

Earth and the fact they went to the same satellite platform 3 different times (same set. Just redressed). Everybody knows it was due to budget and RTDs reluctance that the show simply couldn't pull off alien worlds/environments convincingly. You'll find that, under RTD, the show rarely went to alien worlds. If they did, the number of scenes outside were kept minimal, the environments were ones easy to realize, or the action took place inside buildings, facilities or bases etc.

Now the show has the technology available to them in order to fully render alien worlds. So his stance on that might change.

It happened at the conclusion of the war between the time lords and faction paradox. The TARDIS needed a century in order for it to regenerate. During that time the 8th Doctor was companionless and lived through Earths history in real time.

The console room would be blown up in The Gallifrey Chronicles. The explosion was like a miniature atomic bomb going off. So the old girl can take a battering.

I think some fans at the time thought that was an explanation for why the RTD console room looked the way it did as opposed to the fancy TV movie version.

I suppose the same explanation could be used for the War Doctor's console room....

Wonder if the Time Rotor's tube will connect to the ceiling again. I think Jodie's rotor is the first one from the last sixteen years that doesn't unless you count the deliberately retro sets like the Fugitive Doctor's, Doctor's wife makeshift,Clara's etc.
    Last edited by ChrisIII; Yesterday at 05:37 PM.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Fighting Injustice on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

I would love an old homage in a way to the very 1st Doctor with the Tardis being damaged and the Doctor taking people along like Ian and Barbara. (which I'd love if they cast new young actors as them and had them be dragged along again. Its been said they haven't aged due to what happened in Tardis and adventures)

But I'd love the show have the Doctor struggling to fix the Tardis and ending up in various places by accident again. They can eventually fix it again. But I'd like to see that.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.

September 2021 was a hard month. 1st Norm McDonald died and then we learned Disney is ruining Indiana Jones in 2022. Just a hard month to take. Hopefully the film tanks.

Astonishing Member

I think some fans at the time thought that was an explanation for why the RTD console room looked the way it did as opposed to the fancy TV movie version.
    That's partly why it was published later on. It was supposed to come out prior to Rose, but the BBC feared that people would think it was necessary to read it to understand the new series. Of course, now we know The Gallifrey Chronicles doesn't. My personal canon is the books come first. Then Big Finish comes after.

Wonder if the Time Rotor's tube will connect to the ceiling again. I think Jodie's rotor is the first one from the last sixteen years that doesn't unless you count the deliberately retro sets like the Fugitive Doctor's, Doctor's wife makeshift,Clara's etc.
    Maybe. Depends on the production designer. I figure we might get another rotor from ceiling to floor again. Although I like when it is reminiscent to the classic series. Just easier for filming around the console.

Seen the third. How the hell is the Weeping Angel able to move at the episodes end when the three of them are all looking it it?

A few good idea badly realized. Mostly I thought it was Trash.