Page 411 of 581 FirstFirst ... 311361401407408409410411412413414415421461511 ... LastLast
Results 6,151 to 6,165 of 8704

I'm not sure my brain can cope with Philomena Cunk being in Doctor Who.

Looks like there will be a NYC comic con panel with Jodie and co. perhaps shedding some light on the next special.

Seems they're pretty much going all-in on the Daleks again on both TV and merchandise. Apart from Resolution which featured one Dalek and some short appearances in season 10 we haven't had any major Dalek stories since the season 9 premiere.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

I guess because of "going all-in on the Daleks" in Who material, Big Finish has a Davros sale (ends tomorrow at midnight UK time). I went ahead and got the Eighth Doctor's "Terror Firma" and the Sixth's "The Juggernauts".

Davros is a fascinating villain. I like it when he trades barbs with the Doctor, far more than I do with the Doctor and the Master.

Makes me wonder if Davros has a part to play in either TLV or the upcoming special. Davros usually has something to say about the Doctor's new regenerations, so I'm curious about his reaction to Jodie. While we've (sort of) had female Daleks in a sense, I don't recall a single female Kaled in GENESIS OF THE DALEKS, although the Thals have had women in every appearance I think. Then again most of the Kaled stuff in GENESIS was limited to their bunker.

I wouldn't mind if 13 has a tie-in with Time Lord Victorious. It would be a cool tv special or comic.

I'm relistening to Time War 4. I liked it but didn't love it yet.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Apparently there's also going to be a panel at NYC specifically for Doctor Who games, which is interesting. Going by the panel guests it looks like we might be getting a followup to Edge of Time VR and also some kind of mobile title from the people behind the horror game SIMULACRA, one of which involves Ingrid Oliver returning as Osgood since she's on the panel as well.

Just listened to Master Thief, the first of two short audio stories featuring the Master involving elements of Time Lord Victorious. Not yet sure how things tie together but this was an excellent adventure with the Delgado incarnation that does some interesting stuff with the character (including a very surprising ending) that you wouldn’t expect them to do with the Master. Helps that Jon Culshaw does an excellent impression of the Delgado incarnation too.

Curious to see how the other story Lesser Evils compares - it involves the Ainley Master and what appears to be the big bad of Time Lord Victorious, the Kotturuh.

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    Apparently there's also going to be a panel at NYC specifically for Doctor Who games, which is interesting. Going by the panel guests it looks like we might be getting a followup to Edge of Time VR and also some kind of mobile title from the people behind the horror game SIMULACRA, one of which involves Ingrid Oliver returning as Osgood since she's on the panel as well.
    Looks like I guessed right!

EDIT: Two interesting additions since posting I have learned - Edge Of Reality is as you can guess a sequel to the VR game Edge Of Time but ISN’T a VR game itself. And Lonely Assassins actually takes place in the same house as the Weeping Angels very first appearance in 2007’s Blink.
    Last edited by Derek Metaltron; 10-11-2020 at 08:20 AM.

Finally some series news too about the special, looks like they're aiming for Christmas.

Listened to He Kills Me, He Kills Me Not today, fun Westworld style adventure with a interesting new villain and use of the Ood. Rolls right into the next story as well. But definitely planning to get Knight, Fool and Dead if Brian is as politely evil as he was here.

Big Finish also announced today that The War Doctor is back with a new set of stories set immediately after Night of the Doctor and features impressionist Jonathan Carley in place of John Hurt as a much younger War Doctor.

https://www.bigfinish.com/news/v/joh...gacy-continues

I started listening to "He kills me, He kills me not" just now. I dig it and I think this should have been a "Classic Doctors, New monsters" entry.

Recasting the War Doctor was inevitable but I'm curious what they do next.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I dig it and I think this should have been a "Classic Doctors, New monsters" entry.
    I love those entries so much. This latest series of DW TV episodes may have been blah (no slight to Jodie intended) but the monsters themselves were often so fresh or unique that I would try to imagine classic Doctors going up against threats that they never would have faced during their respective TV eras because of SFX/budgetary/even conceptual limitations. We got some of that with David Bradley's First Doctor, and that was a straight up treat.

I don't think it was ever established which Doctor met "O" before the 13th became aware he was really the Master, but that could make for a bit of an interesting story.

Although some of the dialogue about that is a bit confusing. Did she meet the O who was replaced, or the Master after the replacement? Seems to be the latter, since O was showing up for his first day of work when he was replaced and wouldn't be the more experienced agent.

The Doctor's "Master sense" from the Tennant years seemed to already be off when he met Missy (He also didn't sense the Master right away in the TV movie until the Madam Curie slip started to clue him in).
    Last edited by ChrisIII; 10-15-2020 at 09:59 AM.