Page 318 of 578 FirstFirst ... 218268308314315316317318319320321322328368418 ... LastLast
Results 4,756 to 4,770 of 8667

Speaking of Missy, wonder if she'd face Jodie's Doctor. While "Doctor Falls" would possibly be her end-or at least that current incarnation-let's remember that John Simm's Master before "World Enough and Time" was last seen in a dying body being sent back to a trapped, doomed planet....but both "Day of the Doctor" and "Doctor Falls" managed to explain that. Also, with the Cybermen lurking around, it's possible that even her body that "took the full blast" could somehow be salvaged. Cybermissy?
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Speaking of Missy, wonder if she'd face Jodie's Doctor. While "Doctor Falls" would possibly be her end-or at least that current incarnation-let's remember that John Simm's Master before "World Enough and Time" was last seen in a dying body being sent back to a trapped, doomed planet....but both "Day of the Doctor" and "Doctor Falls" managed to explain that. Also, with the Cybermen lurking around, it's possible that even her body that "took the full blast" could somehow be salvaged. Cybermissy?
    Explaining how she'd return isn't the issue.

"I feel very loyal. I’ve only just finished filming this last series, so I’m kind of charged up about the fact we go out together. Maybe in a year’s time I’ll be missing it so much, if I got an opportunity to come back, I’ll bite your hand off. But at the moment, I just don’t want to be anybody else’s Master. Peter was my Doctor, and that dynamic worked so well. You’ve got to know when to stop. You’ve got to quit while you’re ahead. Besides, somebody else can have a go now!"

It sounds like she doesn't mind playing Missy (hence the upcoming audios), just that if it must be opposite a Doctor she'd rather it be Capaldi. I'd even say she subscribes to the "each Doctor should have his/her own Master/Mistress" thought process. But at the same time, she's open to possibility of missing it down the line. Maybe doing the audios, and seeing how well the 13th Doctor is received, might make her miss it enough to return.

BANNED

Many people come back eventually don't they? Whether its in the same year or a few years. I just expect them to, so it's never a surprise.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Oo, this was awesome. I wonder what it is about that ship, that it is consistently seen. I don't believe they showed the tardis once, hmmmm. (Unless they did in the first trailer)

I liked seeing more of Tosin here. He seems shy as hell an interviews (which is actually nice to see), but it seems he comes to life once those Who cameras are rolling.

So, i’m wondering about this amnesia angle- if it’s going to resolve itself at the end of the first episode, or if it’s going to carry through the whole season.remembering jodie’s monologue from the last trailer- she was asking her friends for help, because everything was “ new to her.” But i don’t see how this group can carry on for long if the doctor doesn’t even know what she’s doing. Still, i’m liking how her crew backs her up.
    Last edited by protege; 09-20-2018 at 08:38 AM.

The Doctor usually goes through a bit of post-regeneration instability and amnesia. I think Smith was sort of an exception, apart from some minor physical issues he seemed to be fully aware of who he was. The Seventh Doctor also seemed to be well aware, and it actually the Rani who managed to mess his mind up. War Doctor also seemed to recover pretty quickly, although we didn't see much of what happened after-he could've passed out after saying "Doctor no more". Ditto with his change into Eccleston.

Troughton, Pertwee, Davision, Baker, Mcgann, Tennant and Capaldi were largely bedridden or unstable and then made their "big entrance" later on.

Still interesting they're not really showing any monsters except what might appear to be Spider/robot things. If you go back and look at the ads for RTD and Moffat's stuff, a lot of it focuses heavily on the monsters. (An exception seems to be the Eccleston season, which mainly seemed to focus on introducing the Doctor to new audiences: "Trip of a lifetime" for example).

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Still interesting they're not really showing any monsters except what might appear to be Spider/robot things. If you go back and look at the ads for RTD and Moffat's stuff, a lot of it focuses heavily on the monsters. (An exception seems to be the Eccleston season, which mainly seemed to focus on introducing the Doctor to new audiences: "Trip of a lifetime" for example).
    I am happy Chibnell's attitude towards spoilers is diametrically opposite of both his predecessors.

http://www.digitalspy.com/tv/doctor-...spoilers-leak/

You can bet the classic monsters are there. They're just not in the trailer.

It'd be interesting to see which ones (In addition to original monsters). We haven't had a Dalek story since 2015 (Apart from brief appearences in The Pilot and Twice Upon A Time)....although we've certainly had a lot of Cybermen. Although apparentally Chibnall said there might not be any at least this season.

I think a Zygon or Sontaran might've been spotted during filming.

It'd be interesting to see some of the monsters the new series hasn't revived in some sense....or even some of the monsters the new series have introduced that haven't come back yet.

Although they've both been mentioned, I think it'd be pretty cool to see the Axons again (The angel robots from the Titanic story bear a certain resemblance visually to their false form, but that's it). Although Claws of Axos wasn't necessarily the best story, I always thought it had a really weird feel and visual design.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Guys, PLEASE, no spoilers
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Fair enough...

spoilers:
    So apparently there’s no old monsters in the new series at all. Huh. Not sure what to think of that, does allow the show to feel more fresh and create some distinctive new villains like the Silence and Weeping Angels...
    end of spoilers

BANNED

spoilers:
    Friendly reminder Tom Baker, who had the longest stint of the classic era, went seven years with only two appearances from the Daleks, one appearance from the Cybermen, and three apperances from The Master...not to mention the Daleks and Cybermen only appeared once for Five, Six, and Seven afterwards
    end of spoilers

Seems to be a lot of crystals in the ads.

I actually wasn't all that excited about the trailer itself... However, I'm still excited for the new series
    “We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”

BANNED

Chibnall again insisting there are no returning monsters this series, and explaining why

https://www.radiotimes.com/news/tv/2...s-this-series/

I'm very ok with this.