Page 366 of 580 FirstFirst ... 266316356362363364365366367368369370376416466 ... LastLast
Results 5,476 to 5,490 of 8689
    Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Pretty cool Who.
    Thanks Kirby! One of these days, I'll have my basement finished, and I'll unpack my DW collection and put it all together. Might be another year though.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Just picked up The Further Adventures Of Lucie Miller from Big Finish, which is a great blast to the past circa 2007 with four new adventures for the Eighth Doctor and Sheridan Smith’s Lucie set between Series 1 and 2 of the Eighth Doctor Adventures. I laughed so much when they actually got a Dalek to say ‘Lucie Bleeding Miller’ totally nonchalantly.

Donna is getting her own box set in May 2020, set shortly after the events of Silence in the Library where she’s recovering and spending time with her mother but getting caught up in her own adventures!

https://www.bigfinish.com/news/v/don...aves-the-world

Still curious if Freema is uninterested in playing Martha again since she seems to be the only major character outside Mickey not accounted for now. Still really want to see a Smith and Jones box set out there!

What about Wilf though? Bernard Cribbins did do one audio but it was an eighth Doctor one right before he started playing him.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    What about Wilf though? Bernard Cribbins did do one audio but it was an eighth Doctor one right before he started playing him.
    I know he was in the third volume of Tenth Doctor Adventures, not sure about this one though...

Big Finish have incidentally teased their upcoming live stream via a video! They’re apparently planning to have it remain on their website for a while if you miss some or all of it.

Big Finish has confirmed the line up and schedule for both days on the livestream in terms of audio extracts and episodes...

SATURDAY (Starts 12pm GMT)

*The Sirens of Time - Part 1, starring Peter Davison, Colin Baker and Sylvester McCoy
    *Spare Parts - Part 1, starring Peter Davison and Sarah Sutton
    *The Marian Conspiracy - Part 1 starring Colin Baker and Maggie Stables
    *The Fires of Vulcan - Part 1 starring Sylvester McCoy and Bonnie Langford
    *The Chimes of Midnight - Part 1 starring Paul McGann and India Fisher
    *Energy of the Daleks starring Tom Baker and Louise Jameson
    *The New Adventures of Bernice Summerfield: The Revolution (from The New Adventures of Bernice Summerfield Volume 1) starring Lisa Bowerman and Sylvester McCoy
    *Captain Jack: Wednesday for Beginners (from The Lives of Captain Jack Volume 1) starring John Barrowman and Camille Coduri
    *Celestial Intervention (from Gallifrey: Time War 1) starring Lalla Ward and Seán Carlsen
    *Eighth Doctor: The Time War: The Starship of Theseus (from The Eighth Doctor: The Time War 1) starring Paul McGann and Rahkee Thakrar
    *The War Master: Beneath the Viscoid (from The War Master: Only the Good) starring Sir Derek Jacobi and Nicholas Briggs as the Daleks
    *Jenny - The Doctor’s Daughter: Stolen Goods (from Jenny - The Doctor’s Daughter) starring Georgia Tennant and Sean Biggerstaff
    *The Tenth Doctor Adventures: Cold Vengeance - Part 1 (from Doctor Who: The Tenth Doctor Adventures, Volume 2) starring David Tennant and Billie Piper
    *The Sirens of Time - Part 2 starring Peter Davison, Colin Baker and Sylvester McCoy

SUNDAY (Starts at 12:00 GMT)

*The Sirens of Time - Part 3 starring Peter Davison, Colin Baker and Sylvester McCoy
    *Blood of the Daleks Part 1 starring Paul McGann and Sheridan Smith
    *The Phoenicians - Part 1 (from The First Doctor Adventures Volume 3) starring David Bradley
    *The Yes Men starring Anneke Wills and Frazer Hines
    *The Conquest of Far - Part 1 (from the Third Doctor Adventures Volume 3) starring Tim Treloar and Katy Manning
    *The Auntie Matter starring Tom Baker and Mary Tamm
    *Dalek Soul starring Peter Davison and Sarah Sutton
    *Jubilee - Part 1 starring Colin Baker and Maggie Stables
    *Master - Part 1 starring Sylvester McCoy and Geoffrey Beevers
    *The Sirens of Time - Part 4 starring Peter Davison, Colin Baker and Sylvester McCoy
    *Doom Coalition: The Eleven (from Doom Coalition 1) starring Paul McGann, Nicola Walker and Mark Bonnar
    *The Assassination Games - Part 1 starring Sylvester McCoy and Sophie Aldred
    *The War Doctor: The Innocent (from The War Doctor: Only the Monstrous) starring Sir John Hurt
    *UNIT: Tidal Wave (from UNIT: Assembled) starring Jemma Redgrave, Ingrid Oliver and Katy Manning
    *The Diary of River Song: The Boundless Sea (from the Diary of River Song Series 1) starring Alex Kingston and Alexander Vlahos
    *The Legacy of Time - Part 1 starring Paul McGann, Alex Kingston and Lisa Bowerman
    Last edited by Derek Metaltron; 07-18-2019 at 10:39 AM.

Big Finish has announced a special 20th Anniversary sale on twenty releases across their library of audios from £1 to £20, as well as a bundle with all twenty for £200 until 23:59 GMT on July 22nd.

https://www.bigfinish.com/news/v/fla...-at-big-finish

Various Short Trips have been announced, but the most interesting one seems to be a team up between the Eleventh Doctor and the the Twelfth Doctor... with the twist being that this is morose Eleven just prior to The Snowmen with Twelve at his grumpiest... should be entertaining!

https://www.bigfinish.com/releases/v...mpossible-1939

Anyone hear the current rumors about the show? Supposedly Chibnall and Whitaker are out because the BBC wants to bring back Rose Tyler and Chibnall wasn't having it and is leaving, taking Whitaker with him. The BBC was also not happy with this direction because of merchandising (BBC funds the show from merchandise). Good riddance, I say.

Anyhow, the REAL story is that the BBC has decided to bring back David Tennant and Billie Piper on the show in one of three ways:

1. Whitaker regenerates back into Tennant, and Rose is brought back as well.
    2. A new series focuses on Meta-Crisis Doctor and his life with Rose.
    3. A movie or show featuring "untold" stories of the 10th Doctor and Rose.

I personally would love to see Tennant and Piper back on the show again in any fashion. Thoughts on these rumors?
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by The Whovian View Post
    Anyone hear the current rumors about the show? Supposedly Chibnall and Whitaker are out because the BBC wants to bring back Rose Tyler and Chibnall wasn't having it and is leaving, taking Whitaker with him. The BBC was also not happy with this direction because of merchandising (BBC funds the show from merchandise). Good riddance, I say.

Anyhow, the REAL story is that the BBC has decided to bring back David Tennant and Billie Piper on the show in one of three ways:

1. Whitaker regenerates back into Tennant, and Rose is brought back as well.
    2. A new series focuses on Meta-Crisis Doctor and his life with Rose.
    3. A movie or show featuring "untold" stories of the 10th Doctor and Rose.

I personally would love to see Tennant and Piper back on the show again in any fashion. Thoughts on these rumors?
    I rather it would be a Christmas/holiday special/one-off type thing (i don't know the right term) than a full series. Bringing back Tennant and Piper long-term feels so creatively bankrupt. I rather the series keep moving forward. I didn't like Whitaker/Chibnal that much but I wanted them to at least get another shot before calling it quits.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I rather it would be a Christmas/holiday special/one-off type thing (i don't know the right term) than a full series. Bringing back Tennant and Piper long-term feels so creatively bankrupt. I rather the series keep moving forward. I didn't like Whitaker/Chibnal that much but I wanted them to at least get another shot before calling it quits.
    Not to mention that tennant’s had a successful career since leaving the show so why backslide?

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    Not to mention that tennant’s had a successful career since leaving the show so why backslide?
    Because it would be a breath of fresh air. Lot of fans liked them, especially Tennant. And it wouldn't be backsliding if it is "untold" stories, which I think would be cool.

I liked some of the Whittaker episodes and some I didn't. But if they got rid of the first female doctor after just one season, the powers-that-be would get crucified in the press to a nuclear event status.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    I liked some of the Whittaker episodes and some I didn't. But if they got rid of the first female doctor after just one season, the powers-that-be would get crucified in the press to a nuclear event status.
    Its been 2 seasons ....Whitaker has had 2 seasons. I would like 3 seasons for Whitaker. Also Whitaker and Chibnall according to insiders aren't going anywhere. So both seem to be sticking around awhile longer.

https://www.radiotimes.com/news/tv/2...mpression=true
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by The Whovian View Post
    Because it would be a breath of fresh air. Lot of fans liked them, especially Tennant. And it wouldn't be backsliding if it is "untold" stories, which I think would be cool.
    Going back to something that's been done before isn't a breath of fresh air. I love Tennant as much as the next Whovian, but by definition of the term, breath of fresh air means something new, refreshing, and fairly innovative. By virtue of bringing in and centering on a previous Doctor (even if it's, say, the 14th-15th incarnation) means it's not innovative.

It can be many things, it can have untold stories, but fundamentally it wouldn't be new.

And to be clear, every time a new doctor is announced, it's to provide that breath. It's a fundamental change. A change back, should they go with it, is inherently against that idea.
    Last edited by Cyke; 08-14-2019 at 02:05 PM.