Page 50 of 582 FirstFirst ... 4046474849505152535460100150550 ... LastLast
    Wally 'Ginger' West fan
    Along one of the Birkeland Currents that traverse the Milky Way. I forget the exact cross streets.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    I can see it now--Rusty, Kamelion and Handles--sharing a bedsit in Torquay.
    I think I'd rather see that as a spin-off than anything else. Unless it's Jack Harkness meeting Robin and Marion.

The golden arrow conclusion was freakingly dumb. However, I'll give it a grudging pass.

Will be very surprised if Missy does not have some tie to that Church. It was the first thing I thought of after watching the season opener.

I did love the bit where The Doctor pulled out the arrow and it actually showed the Tardis healing itself. Don't think they've ever actually showed that happening before.
    Parental care is way exhausting. Gained insight into what my parents went through when I was a baby. Not fun, but what ya gonna do? (Read comics, obviously.)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    Your theory went from awesome to ugh real quickly (that is, I admire the work you put into it, it's just that I'll be disappointed if Moffat uses the Silence again. Don't they need a break? Though, it *was* cool when it turned out that they needed the Doctor's help to fight off the Daleks, showing that sometimes the new Big Bads give way to the classics).
    They wouldn't be the Silence anymore, Trenzalore was averted. They'd have gone back to being the Church Of The Papal Mainframe or something else entirely. They no longer have any reason to kill the Doctor.

The were shown to be a very impressive military force though, maybe almost on par with the Daleks... Theyre not going away.

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    Something else... Those robots had laser-crucifixes.
    Between that and Heaven. The Promised Land, and Missy who goes by 'Gatekeeper Of The Nether Realm', which is a religious title if I ever heard one, and saves (if that's what she did) that doomed soldier in visually exactly the same way the Doctor saved Journey.

I smell Church Of the Papal Mainframe, AKA Church Of The Silence, who we known do have pseudo-TARDIS technology.

Just one small correction - Missy would be Gatekeeper of the Nethersphere, not Nether Realm. That's all.

Extraordinary Member

They wouldn't be the Silence anymore, Trenzalore was averted. They'd have gone back to being the Church Of The Papal Mainframe or something else entirely. They no longer have any reason to kill the Doctor.

The were shown to be a very impressive military force though, maybe almost on par with the Daleks... Theyre not going away.
    Only the Doc's death was averted. The Silence still broke off from the Papal Mainframe sometime during the battle. Though since Trenzalore has passed, they don't have any reason to exist anymore

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    Only the Doc's death was averted. The Silence still broke off from the Papal Mainframe sometime during the battle. Though since Trenzalore has passed, they don't have any reason to exist anymore
    "On the fields of Trenzalore, at the fall of the eleventh, when no living creature can speak falsely or fail to answer, a Question will be asked, a question that must never, ever be answered."

The Eleventh has fallen, the opportunity to answer the question is gone, the Crack closed. The prophesy was proven false. He can go to Trenzalore and shout his name until the cows come home, it won't matter anymore.
    It wasn't really a prophesy anyway. When the Silence said that, they were talking about what from their point of reference were current events, not the future.

Retired

I hope that they have turned a page and they're going to leave all the first question stuff as part of Eleven's story.

I can't remember if the crack is in fact closed for good. Seems like that crack kept showing up everywhere in the universe, no matter how many times it was closed.

And I wonder if there was supposed to be some meaning with the crack inside Rusty. The Doctor closes it up, but instead of making things better, that just makes it much worse. Are we meant to read something into that vis a vis Gallifrey?

I kind of hope not, but the writers have shown an unwillingness to drop plots once they've sunk their teeth into them.

Extraordinary Member

"On the fields of Trenzalore, at the fall of the eleventh, when no living creature can speak falsely or fail to answer, a Question will be asked, a question that must never, ever be answered."

The Eleventh has fallen, the opportunity to answer the question is gone, the Crack closed. The prophesy was proven false. He can go to Trenzalore and shout his name until the cows come home, it won't matter anymore.
    It wasn't really a prophesy anyway. When the Silence said that, they were talking about what from their point of reference were current events, not the future.
    yes, but the existence of the order of the silence wasn't averted. They could show up, if the writers wanted

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    yes, but the existence of the order of the silence wasn't averted. They could show up, if the writers wanted
    They normally should have abandoned that dogma and gone back to what they were before or moved to something else. It makes no sense for them to still call themselves the Church of the Silence now.

Retired

Maybe they watch a lot of Ingmar Bergman movies.

Well, if there's one thing I've learned from this show, it's to never say never, really.

I enjoyed Robot of Sherwood. Even if this season is supposed to darker, that still doesn't mean that we can't have any fun and light hearted episodes here and there still. Robin Hood was great, and I also enjoyed Ben Miller, even if we was underused. However, I thought that the climax was a bit of underwhelming. Whenever Doctor who relies on special effects in order to bring on its climx, it just doesn't work that often. I mean, this is Doctor Who ( a show with pretty bad effects )...

But I am enjoying Peter Capaldi a lot. He did well enough with an episode that had seemed to be written for Matt Smith.
    I look around at us and you know what I see? Losers... I mean like, folks who have lost stuff. And we have, man, we have, all of us. Homes, and our families, normal lives. And you think life takes more than it gives, but not today. Today it's giving us something. It is giving us a chance.

BANNED

Well, if there's one thing I've learned from this show, it's to never say never, really.
    And one thing i've learned under Moffat era , one good idea will get reused over and over until it becomes a cliche. Heck , i'm still expecting river song to turn up one of these days.

Quote Originally Posted by marshal99 View Post
    And one thing i've learned under Moffat era , one good idea will get reused over and over until it becomes a cliche. Heck , i'm still expecting river song to turn up one of these days.
    Under the Moffat era, I've learned that cryptic messages and season long mysteries ad naseum eventually lead to a paradox. Can't we just have a single dox and be done with it?

Retired

Peter Capaldi wears a ring over top of his wedding ring on his left hand. And the First Doctor's ring had certain powers.

We know what this ring means in terms of Peter Capaldi, but what does it mean for the Doctor? Is this a symbol of his marriage to River Song? Will this ring be as useful as the First Doctor's?

Spectacular Member The New Black's Avatar

Wouldn't mind at all if they brought that actor back as Robin Hood for another episode or 3.

I don't doubt that Robin Hood made that nearly-impossible shot with the golden arrow, but the idea that the itty-bitty arrow simply touching the ship was enough to push it to the max was hard to stomach, especially since the arrow compensated for, what, 18% efficiency, compared to those vats and vats of gold. If that's all it took, there'd be no need to mold it, or even melt it.
    Yeah I wasn't too crazy about the magic golden arrow either. After the initial "Whaaaa-?!" passed, I just filed it away under Dr Who science.