Page 450 of 580 FirstFirst ... 350400440446447448449450451452453454460500550 ... LastLast
Results 6,736 to 6,750 of 8689
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by KabutoRyder View Post
    You know hairstyles that us black folk get are not just meant for one person right? That doesn't make the second person you see wearing it a poor man's version of the other person you saw with it.

Like...I just can't......*sigh*
    I was being sarcastic. Didnt mean to offend.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by KabutoRyder View Post
    Had a random thought...I think itd be cool if we had someone be the Master one season, come in be a terror, etc. The when the Doctor regenerates, they get the Master's most recent face. So you cast that actor as Master annnnd Doctor, so you have a season where the Doctor is running around with the face of the person that has most recently been terrorizing the universe. I think that'd make for some fun stories. Not sure within the rules of regeneration if that could happen, maybe the Master does some kinda tampering with the Doctor to make it happen.

Just random thoughts when washing the dishes a few days ago....
    Id be okay with that. I like Dhawan as a actor.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Since Time Lords can base their looks of an another person this is fair game. We actually had this with the 6th Doctor. Colin Baker starred in the Arc of Infinity as Commander Maxill before getting the role of 6th.

And Maxill, to my knowledge, has never regenerated. So they still could get Colin to appear in the future (if they ever fix the The Timeless Children).

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie_1981 View Post
    I figured Whitaker would leave because of the 3 series tradition but not Chibnall.

BREAKING: Jodie Whittaker and Chris Chibnall to leave Doctor Who in a trio of Specials, culminating in an epic blockbuster Special to air in autumn 2022 as part of the BBC’s Centenary celebrations.

Bring on 14!
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    BREAKING: Jodie Whittaker and Chris Chibnall to leave Doctor Who in a trio of Specials, culminating in an epic blockbuster Special to air in autumn 2022 as part of the BBC’s Centenary celebrations.

Bring on 14!
    I'm ready to take over if need be. For the Doctor's accent, they can have the choice of my excellent Dick Van Dyke impression from Mary Poppins or James Mason instead!

A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Remember, kids. If you cry and throw a loud enough tantrum eventually you'll get your way.

I expect the victory parades from the "Get Woke Go Broke" crowd to begin any minute.
    Last Read: Zatanna and the Ripper vol. 1

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Batman, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Beware the Planet of the Apes, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Green Arrow, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Superman '78: The Metal Curtain, Thundercats, Titans

Mighty Member

My only real disappointment in this news is that I was hoping Jodie could get one series under another writer. I've seen her in enough other stuff to know she COULD have been an amazing Doctor if given better material and a stronger personality.

Oh well.

Now the real question is what/who comes next? Will the Beeb play it safe and choose another Chibs-esque writer from their in house stable? Or will they gamble a bit and go for somebody more outside the box? Will we see another female Doctor, another minority of a different stripe, or are we back to safe, white dudes? Do you launch into a new showrunner/Doctor combo immediately, or do you give the show some time to rest and let demand/hype build? So many good questions moving forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    Remember, kids. If you cry and throw a loud enough tantrum eventually you'll get your way.
    Only if the number of disgruntled fans is large enough. Is fan pressure actually the cause here?

Glad that Chibnall's gone, sad that Jodie's gone. I know it's standard practice (and one I fully understand) for a showrunner to have their Doctor(s), but I love it on the rare occasions when a showrunner gets to work with "someone else's" Doctor. It also helps to solidify continuity (production wise, not narrative wise) between eras -- kind of like how much Moffet's first couple seasons as showrunner drew plenty from RTD's era.

"Well, here we go again."
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    Glad that Chibnall's gone, sad that Jodie's gone.
    Pretty much agree. Jodie was perfectly fine, IMO, but I was never that crazy over the altered mood and tempo of that era's episodes.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroBG82 View Post
    My only real disappointment in this news is that I was hoping Jodie could get one series under another writer. I've seen her in enough other stuff to know she COULD have been an amazing Doctor if given better material and a stronger personality.

Oh well.

Now the real question is what/who comes next? Will the Beeb play it safe and choose another Chibs-esque writer from their in house stable? Or will they gamble a bit and go for somebody more outside the box? Will we see another female Doctor, another minority of a different stripe, or are we back to safe, white dudes? Do you launch into a new showrunner/Doctor combo immediately, or do you give the show some time to rest and let demand/hype build? So many good questions moving forward.
    Reading the presser, the specials will have a different team than current Who.

Sounds like she'll get to flex a bit in those 3-4 specials (I say 4 because they are vague on the finale being part of the trilogy or not).

As far as the next Doctor, there were rumors that the next one was going to show up in a special or an episode that was already shot. But those rumors have died down.

As it stands now, the betting odds are:

Frontrunners:
    Olly Alexander 4.5 7/2
    Kris Marshal 6.0 5/1

Third Favorite:
    Michela Cole 8.0 7/1

Outside Chance:
    Michael Sheen 11.0 10/1
    Tom Rosenthal 11.0 10/1
    Anne Maxwell Martin 11.0 10/1
    Richard Ayoade 11.0 10/1

DARK HORSE:
    Maxine Peake 17.0 16/1

I'm actually pretty fine with anyone on this list. I have a favorite, though. Ayoade ...
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Here's my pick for #14-

Shazad Latif, Richard Aoyade, Robert Carlyle, Jason Isaacs, Phoebe Waller Bridge, Jo Martin, Adrian Lester,
    Guy Henry, Katie McGrath, Colin Morgan

Toby Whitehouse of Being Human would be an interesting choice. He has written for the show before.

Neil Gaiman would be amazing but that feels like a longshot.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 07-29-2021 at 11:54 AM.