Page 438 of 581 FirstFirst ... 338388428434435436437438439440441442448488538 ... LastLast
Results 6,556 to 6,570 of 8709

Not sure if they did any work together although there was a Sunday Times cover/feature with Jodie, Helen, Rebecca Hall, Alice Eve, and Sophia Myles back in 2007. Also had a story on Katherine Jenkins (who appeared in Matt's first special).
    Last edited by ChrisIII; 04-16-2021 at 12:12 PM.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Damn. She was my dark horse pick for #14. RIP Queen.
    She certainly would have been interesting.

All has gone quiet on the recasting front anyway. Even the bookies are uncharacteristically silent.

There were rumors earlier this year but since then not much.

They're currently filming Jodie's third season, and that's usually how far they go I think.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post

They're currently filming Jodie's third season, and that's usually how far they go I think.
    I wonder if Jodie might hold out for another year? This run is only 8 episodes. Not much time to do something worthwhile before bowing out. Her run has had 3 episodes less than Tennant and Smith had for each of their series. So another would even it out somewhat.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

The old rule from Davison and others was ...don't stay beyond 3-4 seasons at best. Because the risk is it could typecast you in the role. Jodi likely already has her exit planned soon.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by Somecrazyaussie View Post
    I wonder if Jodie might hold out for another year? This run is only 8 episodes. Not much time to do something worthwhile before bowing out. Her run has had 3 episodes less than Tennant and Smith had for each of their series. So another would even it out somewhat.
    She could do specials like Tennant, too.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

He's back and it's Fantastic!!!!!

I still need to order my copy of his first BF adventure.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Thanks for sharing, very informative & interesting.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    The old rule from Davison and others was ...don't stay beyond 3-4 seasons at best. Because the risk is it could typecast you in the role. Jodi likely already has her exit planned soon.
    The old rule would be from Pat. Who felt 3 years was the right amount of time to be in the role before bowing out. I certainly don't blame him for going out after 3 years because Who was pretty much a 40 odd episode a year affair. Davison has admitted he was hasty in leaving and actually tried to reverse that decision whilst filming season 21 as he was loving the stories and finally felt he had "nailed down" his Doctor. Colin planned on being in it 8 years and McCoy was committed to doing a fourth year.

I don't think it is a general rule to do 3 years and get out. David Tennant left purely because RTD was going (Moffat asked him to stay on). Smith left because Karen and Arthur did (he has since said he regrets it because he would've loved another year with Coleman) and Capaldi bowed out because Moffat and Gomez were going.

Yeah, I think Davison got that advice from Pat (Not sure if it when Pat was on all creatures or during Five Doctors production).

McCoy year four sounded interesting. I think some of the ideas eventually wound up in the BBC books featuring the Seventh and Ace, although Ace's intended replacement companion Raine wasn't really used until Big finish. (Probably because Benny was so popular).
    Last edited by ChrisIII; 04-20-2021 at 04:46 PM.

So it's more of a tradition than a hard and fast rule?

"Echoes of Extinction" is two episodes for the price of one. There are some connective tissue to each other and Time Lord Victorious but it's pretty accessible.

"Dalek Universe" feels like a 5th series for the 10th doctor. the new companions gel well with 10 and I'm looking forward to the next two boxsets.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 04-21-2021 at 07:51 PM.

Astonishing Member

Yeah, I think Davison got that advice from Pat (Not sure if it when Pat was on all creatures or during Five Doctors production).
    It was actually in the BBC car park and was a chance meeting. Not sure on the exact timing, but I believe it was before The Five Doctors as Davison was unhappy with season 20 and said he had decided to leave after the following season due to the quality. Imagine his shock when season 21 was incredibly strong.

Astonishing Member

So it's more of a tradition than a hard and fast rule?

"Echoes of Extinction" is two episodes for the price of one. There are some connective tissue to each other and Time Lord Victorious but it's pretty accessible.

"Dalek Universe" feels like a 5th series for the 10th doctor. the new companions gel well with 10 and I'm looking forward to the next two.
    It has become a tradition now, but it was never a set "rule" otherwise Pertwee wouldn't have done 5 years or Tom 7 years. An actor can stay as long as they want, really. Or however long the BBC wants them around.

RTD has said Eccleston only wanted to do one year. But Eccleston has since said that wasn't the case originally and that he was supposed to last the length of RTD's tenure (certainly 3 seasons or so). Matt Smith said in a interview prior to filming series 5 that the BBC hoped he would stay 4 to 5 years. A decision fueled by them being blindsided by Tennant bowing out when he did as they wanted him to stay in the role far longer than he did.

Christopher Eccleston is 'entirely open' to meeting The Master or River Song

#9 meeting Missy kinda writes itself. You could just put both in a recording room and say "be your characters and action!"