Page 282 of 581 FirstFirst ... 182232272278279280281282283284285286292332382 ... LastLast
Results 4,216 to 4,230 of 8715
    Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    I'm going to miss Peter
    Here's the thing about Peter from my perspective. I think he's an AMAZING actor. But when I watched the first few episodes of his Doctor, I thought "I don't know about this". Something felt off. PLUS, I was super ticked that he wasn't going to be playing the Cardinal on Three Musketeers anymore. But that's neither here nor there.

Then, towards the end of the first season, I started to slowly see him as the Doctor and by the first part of his second season, I was all on board with him as the Doctor. I've since re-watched his seasons and they're a lot more appealing and enjoyable to me now. Sure, I still hate things like the sonic sunglasses and what not, but those things are minor quibbles.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by Cel View Post
    I think it's amazing that there's never been a Doctor I didn't like.
    Okay, hate to be that guy that asks this, but...you actually liked the 6th Doctor?
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by Qwerty View Post
    Question. Was that the Lethbridge Stewart or an ancestor
    Never mind. Someone already answered this
    Last edited by The Whovian; 12-26-2017 at 04:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    You'd think by now that the Doctor would know better than to regenerate in the TARDIS while it's in flight. That never ends well.

I also have to say I found this introduction a bit odd. Given the controversy around having a woman playing the Doctor this time, it felt weird that as soon as she finished regenerating, the TARDIS kicked her out.
    It didn't kick her out, it was wrecked and malfunctioning from the Doctor regenerating inside the Tardis. And yeah, he should know by now not to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by The Whovian View Post
    Okay, hate to be that guy that asks this, but...you actually liked the 6th Doctor?
    I liked him too; he could be a bit abrasive, but I warmed up to him during ‘trial of a time lord.’ The only doctor I didn’t like was 9.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    An ancestor. Lethbridge-Stewart was around in episodes in the 60s and 70s. He died in a nursing home during the Matt Smith era.
    Okay thanks.
    Stick "we work together and we get out of here alive"

Matt "peace out suckas"

Astonishing Member

Sixie was alright. Big Finish has proven how great he can be when given strong scripts. Colin certainly had the acting talent as well (look at his performance in The Brothers where he plays a character on par with J.R from Dallas. )

The trouble is, he was severely hampered by his costume (how JNT thought that was a stroke of brilliance I'll never know) and the creative differences that were rampant in the Who Production office at the time (Plus the BBCs indifference towards the show at the time.)

Each actor brings something worthwhile to the table whilst playing the part. Six makes sense in context to how he came about. The Regeneration between 5 and 6 was particularly violent at the time. He was also the result of 5 constantly feeling incompetent. His anger towards Peri was retconned as him being angry at her for costing him a life (something he later resented himself for feeling.)
    Last edited by Somecrazyaussie; 12-26-2017 at 08:18 PM.

Mighty Member

It didn't kick her out, it was wrecked and malfunctioning from the Doctor regenerating inside the Tardis. And yeah, he should know by now not to do that.
    Or, alternatively, it totally kicked her out. But only to save her life. Note that as she falls away from it, we see the Tardis interior consumed by flames.

BBQ Doctor, or 'Give the genius Time Lord a chance to work her way out of a potentially life ending fall', the Tardis clearly has an opinion.

I get that, but it just LOOKED bad. It was wrecked when 10 regenerated into 11, but he managed to hang on at least.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    I get that, but it just LOOKED bad. It was wrecked when 10 regenerated into 11, but he managed to hang on at least.
    The damage to the interior here is more devastating than that incurred between 10 to 11. For starters, the time rotor column blows up here. The TARDIS was out of control with 11, but it wasn't suddenly forced horizontally as it was here. The Doctor will be saved last minute. It is just a hook to ensure viewers tune in for series 11. Pure and simple
    Last edited by Somecrazyaussie; 12-26-2017 at 10:27 PM.

Here's the thing about Peter from my perspective. I think he's an AMAZING actor. But when I watched the first few episodes of his Doctor, I thought "I don't know about this". Something felt off. PLUS, I was super ticked that he wasn't going to be playing the Cardinal on Three Musketeers anymore. But that's neither here nor there.

Then, towards the end of the first season, I started to slowly see him as the Doctor and by the first part of his second season, I was all on board with him as the Doctor. I've since re-watched his seasons and they're a lot more appealing and enjoyable to me now. Sure, I still hate things like the sonic sunglasses and what not, but those things are minor quibbles.
    12 is literally one of my favorite Doctors my Doctors list goes 13 isn't on because we know nothing yet so from favorite to least.

2, 11 and 12 (tied it depends on my mood of the day), 3, 4, 7, 8, 1, 9, 6, War, 5, and 10.

I also loved Peter's fandom.

Like Cyke said, you can't take a male character from the early 60's and drop him into the future and not expect him to come off as sexist. Not only that, but I was complementing Bradley's acting of Hartnell rather than Bradley's actual dialogue.
    The Doctor isn't a man from the sixties with typical sixties sexist views. He was never like that during Hartnell's tenure.

Moffat just hates that he is called sexist for some of his material particularly during Smith's era. So he decided to try to make another era look worse by misrepresenting it just so he could feel better about himself. It was pathetic.

He's like the guy who farts then pins the blame on someone else who didn't by saying LOOK IT WAS THEM, THEY"RE WORSE THAN ME.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Elden View Post
    The Doctor isn't a man from the sixties with typical sixties sexist views. He was never like that during Hartnell's tenure.

Moffat just hates that he is called sexist for some of his material particularly during Smith's era. So he decided to try to make another era look worse by misrepresenting it just so he could feel better about himself. It was pathetic.

He's like the guy who farts then pins the blame on someone else who didn't by saying LOOK IT WAS THEM, THEY"RE WORSE THAN ME.
    Many had an issue with that. It may have seemed funny on paper, but it wore out its welcome quick. I mean, the odd instance here and there would have been fine. Moffat just ran with it too far.

Whats odd is that they decided to try that approach for the First Doctor here, but completely forget there was no such instances of that in the show. There never would have been considering the first producer, Verity Lambert, was a woman.

It is what it is. Onwards and upwards!

Yes, he was even may favorite at the time. He was a sharp departure from Five and a major jolt to the series that I could see some fans not caring for (A mean Doctor? A Doctor that has no problem using a gun?). He was something of an action Doctor, but I saw touches of One and Three in him, albeit wrapped in a brightly-colored package. But after his initial stories, he started becoming more of a wise and sage Doctor with a bit of an edge to him--although still with a bad taste in fashion.
    "Ignore them. They're nothing but a bunch of basement dwellers who spend all day whining on the 'net. Not a single open-minded one in the bunch."
    --Andre Briggs, Justice League International #1

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Fan of Doctor Who since I first saw it on WOR in NY 40 years ago. At first, I was annoyed because it helped replace a horror-movie venue called Chiller Thriller, but eventually I was fine with seeing the good Doctor and Sara Jane on Saturday mornings. Having said that, I was never the addict for the show back then that I am for the newer show in this century. Despite the fine acting and inventive scripts, the special effects always left something to be desired even by the standards of the time (though I have been enjoying watching reruns on Retro of all the Doctors from Hartnell to McCoy in recent years). Still, I did watch it from time to time on the local PBS station on Long Island (WLIW) during the '80s and remember with fondness the 25th anniversary special in 1988.

Favorite Doctor from the original show? I love them all, but Tom Baker will always be #1 for me. Favorite companion? It would have to be Sara Jane, but the sexiest one, IMO, would either be Nyssa (that face) or Tegan (those legs).

The new show? My favorite Doctor may be Capaldi, though I seem to feel the best one is the current one - most likely Jodie Whittaker will be my favorite in the near future (she's definitely the cutest ) Favorite companion? Martha Jones (man, she is gorgeous).
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?