Page 452 of 581 FirstFirst ... 352402442448449450451452453454455456462502552 ... LastLast
Results 6,766 to 6,780 of 8709

So who should be the new producer. With Moffat and Chibnall they were of course writers before but also had popular non-Who shows. Gatiss maybe?
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    So who should be the new producer. With Moffat and Chibnall they were of course writers before but also had popular non-Who shows. Gatiss maybe?
    You know what's kind of sad? This is the only place I've encountered people talking about writers and showrunners for the next go around.

IMHO that is far more important than picking the next Doctor. Speculation is rampant as to who might follow Jodie, but it's Chibnall's replacement that's the most important new hire. IMHO.

I think Radio Times and Gizmodo have brought up the point but haven't laid out any ideas.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Toby Whitehouse (Being Human UK) or Howard Overman (Misfits).

Gatiss could be fun but I don't see him doing it.

Toby wrote some pretty good WHO episodes, including School Reunion which was pretty much a backdoor pilot for SJA.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    You know what's kind of sad? This is the only place I've encountered people talking about writers and showrunners for the next go around.

IMHO that is far more important than picking the next Doctor. Speculation is rampant as to who might follow Jodie, but it's Chibnall's replacement that's the most important new hire. IMHO.

I think Radio Times and Gizmodo have brought up the point but haven't laid out any ideas.
    I don't think most fans keep track of the writers.

Big Finish to the rescue? Jonathan Morris (the River Song story "The Bekdel Test", he writes Missy very well), Marc Platt (7th Doctor's TV story "Ghost Light", Big Finish's "Spare Parts" and "The Silver Turk").

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Toby Whitehouse (Being Human UK) or Howard Overman (Misfits).

Gatiss could be fun but I don't see him doing it.
    I would have liked Whithouse, but his series Noughts and Crosses is a hit at BBC and has been renewed for a second season.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    Big Finish to the rescue? Jonathan Morris (the River Song story "The Bekdel Test", he writes Missy very well), Marc Platt (7th Doctor's TV story "Ghost Light", Big Finish's "Spare Parts" and "The Silver Turk").
    Why Jonathan Morris has never been asked to contribute to the actual show itself remains a mystery to me.

Astonishing Member

I discussed it with a few on other sites/forums. Because, unlike the last few times, we've never had a clear favourite/successor. I also raised the point that, whoever does get the gig, will not only have to be reasonable for a debut series, they'll also possibly have to handle any anniversary special the BBC may cook up (provided the series drops in 2023).

I guess they could delay the series debut until November in 2023.

I remember a podcast a few months ago where Gary Russell said he wanted Chibnall's job.
    Last edited by Somecrazyaussie; 07-30-2021 at 06:54 PM.

It's been a common subject of discussion on most dedicated Doctor Who sites for quite a while. But like Somecrazyaussie has said, there is no clear favourite. Because the BBC is notoriously stingy, and because the showrunner would have to be in the UK for years, it sort of limits the prospects.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

It'll never happen now with Sandman in production but my dream get would be Neil Gaiman for Doctor Who show runner.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Neil might be perfect as an overseer rather than a constant writer, setting the tone and letting others expand on it. I would have more confidence in him hitting the balance with fans vs issues than Chris did.

Gatiss is the best safe choice I think. Not sure how Whithouse would be. What about Paul Cornell?

Cornell would be amazing.

My personal preference would be somebody from Big Finish.

Just pull the trigger and bring on Nicholas Briggs BBC!
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 07-31-2021 at 11:22 AM.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Astonishing Member

Just pull the trigger and bring on Nicholas Briggs BBC!
    No! We'll get nothing but Dalek stories all the time.

Besides, they'll want someone with actual showrunning experience under their belt. Whithouse would have been my preference, but he is tied up already. The only other candidate I can think of is Peter Harness given he handled Wallander series 3 and 4, Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell and recently wrote the new adaptation of The War Of The Worlds.