Page 484 of 581 FirstFirst ... 384434474480481482483484485486487488494534 ... LastLast
Results 7,246 to 7,260 of 8701

It's just been confirmed that Phil Collinson is returning along with RTD. Also that the next season is "in production" but I'm guessing that probably means scripts and concepts probably rather than active filming since no Doctor announcement yet.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    It's just been confirmed that Phil Collinson is returning along with RTD. Also that the next season is "in production" but I'm guessing that probably means scripts and concepts probably rather than active filming since no Doctor announcement yet.
    Are they taking over Jodie's specials?
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

I think most of the specials are already finished, just in post-production or just waiting for the release dates. Jodie has already wrapped her stuff including her part of the regeneration.

Wonder if RTD will bring in anything from his prior run? Pretty sure Billie/Rose and the Tennant human Doc (Who ages like a human so it'd be easier to explain why Tennant looks older) might be a possibility. Rose also has a brother (A "sort of" half since technically his dad isn't quite the same as her dad) born in the Cybus/Pete universe who we never saw. Maybe also Jenny as well? That was kind of a loose end.

Clarke and Barrowman of course are obviously a bad idea.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

I think most of the specials are already finished, just in post-production or just waiting for the release dates. Jodie has already wrapped her stuff including her part of the regeneration.

Wonder if RTD will bring in anything from his prior run? Pretty sure Billie/Rose and the Tennant human Doc (Who ages like a human so it'd be easier to explain why Tennant looks older) might be a possibility. Rose also has a brother (A "sort of" half since technically his dad isn't quite the same as her dad) born in the Cybus/Pete universe who we never saw. Maybe also Jenny as well? That was kind of a loose end.

I'd love to see Jenny brought back, it's always killed me that there was no follow up on that as it seemed like such a perfect idea.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    I'd love to see Jenny brought back, it's always killed me that there was no follow up on that as it seemed like such a perfect idea.
    Considering how big of a deal the Time Lords being extinct was, I'm surprised that was never followed up on

I'm hoping for a new slate personally.

Astonishing Member

Not Collinson!

Astonishing Member
    Last edited by Somecrazyaussie; 01-21-2022 at 01:33 AM.

So pretty much the season that 'broke' the original series, more or less. Still had some high points-Varos of course, some nice Spanish scenery in Two Doctors, intro of (and far better story than her next two appearences) with the Rani, and Graeme Harper's direction of the otherwise kind of very bizarre Revelation of the Daleks (Which to it's credit came up with the idea of turning humans into Daleks years before the 2005 series).

Henry Cavill could be a good 3rd Doctor-esque take if he ever got casted.

So pretty much the season that 'broke' the original series, more or less. Still had some high points-Varos of course, some nice Spanish scenery in Two Doctors, intro of (and far better story than her next two appearences) with the Rani, and Graeme Harper's direction of the otherwise kind of very bizarre Revelation of the Daleks (Which to it's credit came up with the idea of turning humans into Daleks years before the 2005 series).
    When was the rani’s second (third?) appearance?

I was kind of counting Dimensions In Time. It's too bad Kate O Mara passed away before she could do some Big Finish stuff (It was planned, although she did do one BBV audio earlier), although they did eventually have another actress as the Rani.
    Last edited by ChrisIII; 01-21-2022 at 07:40 AM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Henry Cavill could be a good 3rd Doctor-esque take if he ever got casted.
    Haha, BBC probably doesn't have the budget for recurring big-name or even medium-name actors. Remember when people thought Flux was played by Paul Bettany? The VFX budget in the first episode alone precluded that ever happening

I think he'd be a far likelier Bond.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

I think he'd be a far likelier Bond.
    Eh, I doubt that. I imagine they'd rather a younger guy with out any other attachments to interfere with filming.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!