Page 5 of 580 FirstFirst 1234567891555105505 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by king mob View Post
    No, it really isn't. There's enough material which has been nicked by adults and made 'dark' or 'mature'. Who is a kids programme. Taking it out of their hands isn't fair.
    That's why asked what he meant with that. Something like Clone Wars seems perfectly suitable for children imo, way more so than Ultimate Spider-man, that might just turn them stupid.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vworp Vworp View Post
    Yeah. I definitely preferred that style over that weird Captain Pugwash/Terrance and Philip animation they used for The Ice Warriors.

It's so creepy!

BANNED

I hope is not a Spoiler for those of you catching up with the 8th Doctor audios, but if you don't mind or don't care, this is how spoilers:
    The Master looked like during the Time War before running away and regenerating into Yana. He says he was resurrected by the Time Lords (he has been dead since the tv movie) and feels like they are ''preparing him for something''.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Vworp Vworp View Post
    Something like this, perhaps?
    Yep just like that lol & very cool & my thanks!

Wally 'Ginger' West fan
    Along one of the Birkeland Currents that traverse the Milky Way. I forget the exact cross streets.

Super Anime Jon Pertwee, The Brig, Ainely and Delgado? I'm undecided whether I like that or not...a bit over the top. (Okay, more than a bit.) However, the animation featuring the daleks and cybermen was stellar.

Favorite was Tenth Planet's. I wish they'd used that style for all missing episodes in the Trougton DVDs. Still getting over the disappointment with Web of Fear. Not one special feature? Not even ones salvaged from other DVDs? C'mon!
    Parental care is way exhausting. Gained insight into what my parents went through when I was a baby. Not fun, but what ya gonna do? (Read comics, obviously.)

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    Speaking of Big Finish, I absolutely love some of the audio-only companions they have in the stories. Evelyn Smythe is absolutely fantastic, clever yet very human - and a lady who simply isn't prepared to call The Doctor on any nonsense he tries to do. And she's not afraid to knock him down a peg or two if necessary. It's also great how Evelyne's story was completed, there were no loose ends and her story closed in a magnificent manner - even her reaction to the 7th Doctor being so different, yet similar, from the 6th was excellent.
    i was never crazy about Evelyn. the audios really changed my opinion about the 6th Doctor though. i only really care for one of this tv episodes.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kyer View Post
    Super Anime Jon Pertwee, The Brig, Ainely and Delgado? I'm undecided whether I like that or not...a bit over the top. (Okay, more than a bit.) However, the animation featuring the daleks and cybermen was stellar.

Favorite was Tenth Planet's. I wish they'd used that style for all missing episodes in the Trougton DVDs. Still getting over the disappointment with Web of Fear. Not one special feature? Not even ones salvaged from other DVDs? C'mon!
    Web of Fear is supposed to be getting a deluxe release during the summer... or so I've heard.

Wally 'Ginger' West fan
    Along one of the Birkeland Currents that traverse the Milky Way. I forget the exact cross streets.

Quote Originally Posted by Alvarez View Post
    Web of Fear is supposed to be getting a deluxe release during the summer... or so I've heard.
    Oh, you have got to be...

If so that was an awful, stinker of a thing to do especially as they only just released it in the U.S. a few weeks ago! Can't afford to get it twice. Now I'm going to hold off on getting Enemy of the World until I find out if there will be a deluxe version of that too.
    Parental care is way exhausting. Gained insight into what my parents went through when I was a baby. Not fun, but what ya gonna do? (Read comics, obviously.)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kyer View Post
    Oh, you have got to be...

If so that was an awful, stinker of a thing to do especially as they only just released it in the U.S. a few weeks ago! Can't afford to get it twice. Now I'm going to hold off on getting Enemy of the World until I find out if there will be a deluxe version of that too.
    Classic WHO DVD releases are always a gamble.
    Sometimes you think you have the definitive edition and then BOOM brand new fancy version.

At least they have the reversible covers. lol.

I wonder if they're still going to release more special editions. It seems like a lot of the older releases are not being restocked. Pyramid Of Mars and Earthshock in particular would seem like a good candidate for a re-release.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    I wonder if they're still going to release more special editions. It seems like a lot of the older releases are not being restocked. Pyramid Of Mars and Earthshock in particular would seem like a good candidate for a re-release.
    Kneel before the might of Sutekh!!!
    I'd love a re-release of Pyramids.

Earthshock too because I like seeing Adric die.

Astonishing Member Enigmatic Undead's Avatar

Someone posted this in the old thread and I thought it was really funny.

"It is wrong to assume that art needs the spectator in order to be. The film runs on without any eyes. The spectator cannot exist without it. It ensures his existence." -- James Douglas Morrison

I think they even got Sutekh's voice-actor back for that-Gabriel Woolf. Woolf also voiced the beast in the Tenth Doctor story Impossible Planet/Satan Pit.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Art School Dropout View Post
    Someone posted this in the old thread and I thought it was really funny.

That was hilarious!

Yeah, it was I who posted that video. It was a fun little extra they included on the Pyramids of Mars DVD.
    Though the extra they had on the Earth Shock DVD was funnier.
    "Let me guess. My theories appall you, my heresies outrage you, I never answer letters, and you don't like my tie!"
    @Matt_of_Geek
    Now writing at The Atomic Junk Shop

CBR Community Standards and Rules