Page 8 of 581 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858108508 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Enigmatic Undead's Avatar

"It is wrong to assume that art needs the spectator in order to be. The film runs on without any eyes. The spectator cannot exist without it. It ensures his existence." -- James Douglas Morrison

I guessed this was by the same guy who did the WhoLock one. Cos it suffers from the same problem as that did. Beautiful visuals, an interesting narrative... but those slightly creepy superimposed heads just take some of the shine off of it.

Wally 'Ginger' West fan
    Along one of the Birkeland Currents that traverse the Milky Way. I forget the exact cross streets.

Quote Originally Posted by Vworp Vworp View Post
    I guessed this was by the same guy who did the WhoLock one. Cos it suffers from the same problem as that did. Beautiful visuals, an interesting narrative... but those slightly creepy superimposed heads just take some of the shine off of it.
    Just a bit of the shine. I liked it despite that to watch it a second time.

Latest teaser: Disappointing indeed. We saw considerably less in that then we have in shown episodes. Well, we do now know it starts again in August.
    Parental care is way exhausting. Gained insight into what my parents went through when I was a baby. Not fun, but what ya gonna do? (Read comics, obviously.)

The rain fan video is a really neat idea. However, the creepy heads of creepiness really ruined it.
    "Let me guess. My theories appall you, my heresies outrage you, I never answer letters, and you don't like my tie!"
    @Matt_of_Geek
    Now writing at The Atomic Junk Shop

CBR Community Standards and Rules

The early teasers usually don't show that much IMO. If I recall correctly, one of the first looks at the new series was simply the TARDIS dematerializing from Rose; likewise, the early 3D Matt Smith trailer had no footage from the actual season and Day of the Doctor also had a similar bunch of teasers before actual footage was shown (Although I think comic-con had an exclusive trailer).

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    The early teasers usually don't show that much IMO. If I recall correctly, one of the first looks at the new series was simply the TARDIS dematerializing from Rose; likewise, the early 3D Matt Smith trailer had no footage from the actual season and Day of the Doctor also had a similar bunch of teasers before actual footage was shown (Although I think comic-con had an exclusive trailer).
    Yeah. For series one through five, there was always a specially filmed trailer for each season, which featured just a little footage (if any) from the upcoming season.

Series 2

Series 3

Series 4

...and Series 5

After that, the trailers simply became footage based (as far as I remember), until the DOTD teaser last year.

BANNED

woah! he's good.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Moriarty View Post
    woah! he's good.
    I'll be honest. Before I watched the video, I was assuming this wasn't gonna be all that. I've seen so many impression videos on youtube that people have bigged up as being 'amazing', and I've usually been left pretty unimpressed.

But this? This is scary good.

Wally 'Ginger' West fan
    Along one of the Birkeland Currents that traverse the Milky Way. I forget the exact cross streets.

Quote Originally Posted by Vworp Vworp View Post
    I'll be honest. Before I watched the video, I was assuming this wasn't gonna be all that. I've seen so many impression videos on youtube that people have bigged up as being 'amazing', and I've usually been left pretty unimpressed.

But this? This is scary good.
    If there was only some way they could have this guy do voice overs for that Matt guy who did the music parodies. Think of the Continued Eleven's Adventures someone could make. Put in cameos with the real Matt Smith when available and -boom!- Paradox stories with no additional special effects required.
    Parental care is way exhausting. Gained insight into what my parents went through when I was a baby. Not fun, but what ya gonna do? (Read comics, obviously.)

BTW here's the results of Doctor Who Magazine's poll on all the Doctor Who stories.

Top 10

1. The Day of the Doctor
    2. Blink
    3. Genesis of the Daleks
    4. The Caves of Androzani
    5. City of Death
    6. The Talons of Weng-Chiang
    7. The Empty Child/The Doctor Dances
    8. Pyramids of Mars
    9. Human Nature/The Family of Blood
    10. Remembrance of the Daleks

Bottom 10…

232. The Space Museum
    233. The Rings of Akhaten
    234. The Dominators
    235. The Space Pirates
    236. Underworld
    237. Time-Flight
    238. Timelash
    239. Time and the Rani
    240. Fear Her (42.68%)
    241. The Twin Dilemma

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Top 10

1. The Day of the Doctor
    2. Blink
    3. Genesis of the Daleks
    4. The Caves of Androzani
    5. City of Death
    6. The Talons of Weng-Chiang
    7. The Empty Child/The Doctor Dances
    8. Pyramids of Mars
    9. Human Nature/The Family of Blood
    10. Remembrance of the Daleks
    Interesting that two of the stories that make up the top ten don't actually include a whole lot of the Doc' himself.

As for Akhaten in the bottom ten... That's all kinds of ridiculous (considering some of the stories that must have ranked higher).