Page 510 of 578 FirstFirst ... 10410460500506507508509510511512513514520560 ... LastLast
Results 7,636 to 7,650 of 8667
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post
    I saw something else from a leak saying Tennant's return is entirely a BBC decision also, as they were concerned the ratings were so poor that Gatwa would not be noticed.
    The same rumours saying Stephens was the preferred choice at Bad Wolf and Gatwa was the BBC?

Goes to prove what I've been saying all along. The BBC still have final say despite Bad Wolf producing.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Somecrazyaussie View Post
    The same rumours saying Stephens was the preferred choice at Bad Wolf and Gatwa was the BBC?
    No, this is a different source.

The rumours you're hearing are from Doomcock, and he's a proven bullshitter.

I think it'd be wise to be wary of anything that slings crap at Gatwa at the moment. There's gonna be a lot of rumors being spat out by reactionary douches who'd very much like a black-led Who to fail as much as they wanted Whittaker to fail, premptively.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post
    No, this is a different source.

The rumours you're hearing are from Doomcock, and he's a proven bullshitter.
    With a name like that, I am not surprised.

Well, David returning has got people talking about the show more than they have in ages. Whether or not the show maintains those ratings after he leaves is another matter.

Stephens would make a great Master though.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

If there is one think I have faith in RTD for, it's that he will be able to keep attention on the show. I may not really like his Who, but that guy knows how to build hype, he knows how to sell the show to the general public. Gatwa is in much safer hands than Whittaker was.

BANNED

I mean...the guy on his first episode back is giving us a massive gun fight at Wembley Stadium directed by a Hollywood super talent. When did Chibnall ever give us anything resembling that?

I had a dream last night where I found a series of “mix and match” stories featuring different doctors, different companions, and enemies. For instance, I “ saw” the third doctor mixing g it up with the rani,, although she was played by someone else. I also got to pick the costumes they were, which was why everyone was wearing multicolored outfits. I also had to return the outfits when I was done watching the story. My dry cleaning bill was expensive.��

One way the Gatwa Doctor could deal with race is to have his companions act as stand-ins. Similar to how Clara pretended to be the Doctor in "Flatline". It fits the Doctor's role as a trickster and supporting protagonist.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Stephens would make a great Master though.
    It would be the first time we'd have an older Master in the revival since Jacobi.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 05-20-2022 at 07:48 AM.

Kind of curious in what state Dwahan's Master will be at the end of Jodie's special. Judging by his two appearances looks like he gets stuck somewhere, to go from clean shaven again to long hair and a beard (Kind of like Death Comes To Time). Although it could also be the other way around.....
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    One way the Gatwa Doctor could deal with race is to have his companions act as stand-ins. Similar to how Clara pretended to be the Doctor in "Flatline". It fits the Doctor's role as a trickster and supporting protagonist.
    Don't understand why they would need to do that at all. Ever.
    Geek / Gamer / Filmmaker / Indy Pro Wrestler
    @SebastionEnvi (Twitter/Instagram)
    youtube.com/SkunkLifeMedia

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Bit of sad news, the Time Fracture immersive show is ending three months early - I wonder if it's due to a mix of reasons between the effects of Covid, poor attendance (though the show I visited two weeks ago was pretty packed), the risks of flooding, wanting to finish before Jodie's run ends or possibly the desire for the production team to move onto a new show (it's been close to two years since they were set to start it). Glad I got the chance to see it in any case. 5th June will be the last day.

EDIT: They might have hinted it is moving to a new location actually. Be awesome if it's a bit closer to me in Nottingham if it means I can have a second run at it.
    Last edited by Derek Metaltron; 05-20-2022 at 03:23 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by KabutoRyder View Post
    Don't understand why they would need to do that at all. Ever.
    Certain time periods you might have issues. But you can use that and spin it around by having a poc doctor change attitudes in, say, a historical story set in the southern states during the Civil War purely by his character and intelligence alone.

A part of me wonders how Rosa would have played out if Jo Martin was in the lead.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Kind of curious in what state Dwahan's Master will be at the end of Jodie's special. Judging by his two appearances looks like he gets stuck somewhere, to go from clean shaven again to long hair and a beard (Kind of like Death Comes To Time). Although it could also be the other way around.....
    I absolutely think it's the other way around.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Somecrazyaussie View Post
    Certain time periods you might have issues. But you can use that and spin it around by having a poc doctor change attitudes in, say, a historical story set in the southern states during the Civil War purely by his character and intelligence alone.
    In all fairness to Russel, I doubt he's even going to bother with the woke ****