Page 485 of 581 FirstFirst ... 385435475481482483484485486487488489495535 ... LastLast
Results 7,261 to 7,275 of 8707

Quote Originally Posted by CosmiComic View Post
    Haha, BBC probably doesn't have the budget for recurring big-name or even medium-name actors. Remember when people thought Flux was played by Paul Bettany? The VFX budget in the first episode alone precluded that ever happening
    There's always a movie.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    So pretty much the season that 'broke' the original series, more or less. Still had some high points-Varos of course, some nice Spanish scenery in Two Doctors, intro of (and far better story than her next two appearences) with the Rani, and Graeme Harper's direction of the otherwise kind of very bizarre Revelation of the Daleks (Which to it's credit came up with the idea of turning humans into Daleks years before the 2005 series).
    And the story that gets the updated FX? Time-Lash. Have to have a big budget to rectify that one.

Although, I'd say The Twin Dilemma is the one they set the dominos falling. Even RTD says that is the start of Doctor Who going downhill and I agree. They should have given the Fifth Doctor and Peri one adventure before Caves and started off the Sixth with Attack Of The Cybermen.
    Last edited by Somecrazyaussie; 01-21-2022 at 05:57 PM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    There's always a movie.
    That's true. But I wonder if that would ever happen. I vaguely remember hearing rumblings about a film some years ago but nothing came about so far

Yeah, part of what's so bad about Twin Dillema is that it came right after what is considered some of the best classic Who-Caves of Androzani.

It's kind of funny, Goldfinger is often considered the best James Bond movie, and it's similar to Caves in the sense that both are well regarded but actually the hero spends 75% of the story imprisoned.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Some British tabloids are saying that Tennant will return as the 14th Doctor. Grain of salt of course.

I'm kind of reminded of Sydney Newman's suggestion to 'fix' Doctor Who involved bringing back Patrick Troughton (Some say this might've influenced the casting of McCoy, who resembles Troughton in statue and features).

Although "Day of the Doctor" did imply that the Doctor could perhaps regenerate into the look of a previous incarnation....
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Some British tabloids are saying that Tennant will return as the 14th Doctor. Grain of salt of course.

I'm kind of reminded of Sydney Newman's suggestion to 'fix' Doctor Who involved bringing back Patrick Troughton (Some say this might've influenced the casting of McCoy, who resembles Troughton in statue and features).

Although "Day of the Doctor" did imply that the Doctor could perhaps regenerate into the look of a previous incarnation....
    I'd prefer it to be McGann. He deserves a real shot at being the Doctor. Or Richard Grant who the proto 9th Doctor in Scream of The Shalka.

Granted DT could come back as a villian. .
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 01-23-2022 at 09:02 AM.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Rumors are BBC under the deal with Davies has lost creative control of Dr. Who ...and Sony is now pulling the strings. Since they now own the majority stake in Bad Wolf Productions and they are the ones pushing to bring back David Tennant to give the property a new shot in the arm. As one YouTube watcher brings up this clip from the Curator who told the 11th Doctor about old faces again...

"You may revisit a few of the Old Favorites..."

That Tom Baker , he predicted a female Doctor Who 30+ years ago and here he is again doing this. lol
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Would David Tennant be game, though? The man has a lot going on and may not want to go "backwards", even if the money is good.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    Would David Tennant be game, though? The man has a lot going on and may not want to go "backwards", even if the money is good.
    Well, the rumours are saying that he would be doing a series of specials and not a full series. With the 15th getting the next full series. Let's play devils advocate for a minute and say it's true, I could see him doing it. But, as you point out, would he want to do it?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Rumors are BBC under the deal with Davies has lost creative control of Dr. Who ...and Sony is now pulling the strings. Since they now own the majority stake in Bad Wolf Productions and they are the ones pushing to bring back David Tennant to give the property a new shot in the arm. As one YouTube watcher brings up this clip from the Curator who told the 11th Doctor about old faces again...

"You may revisit a few of the Old Favorites..."

That Tom Baker , he predicted a female Doctor Who 30+ years ago and here he is again doing this. lol
    At the end of the day, the BBC still has final say since it is their "property". They may push for it, but I don't see RTD going in that direction.

Quote Originally Posted by Somecrazyaussie View Post
    Well, the rumours are saying that he would be doing a series of specials and not a full series. With the 15th getting the next full series. Let's play devils advocate for a minute and say it's true, I could see him doing it. But, as you point out, would he want to do it?
    I can definitely see him returning for the anniversary as the 10th Doctor (even though he looks obviously older now) and I hope more of previous Doctors return for it, but as the next Doctor? I doubt it.

OTOH, I have recently joked that DW has to continue until at least one of his kids gets a shot at playing Doctor. A descendant of 10th AND 5th? That's too epic to not happen .

Ultimate Member

I know that it won't happen but would love for someone like Rupert Grint to be the Doctor, even if only for a season or so, the Doctor would finally be a ginger

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    I know that it won't happen but would love for someone like Rupert Grint to be the Doctor, even if only for a season or so, the Doctor would finally be a ginger
    I rather we get Ruth Wilson instead.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    ...and they are the ones pushing to bring back David Tennant to give the property a new shot in the arm.
    New?

At this point, nothing would surprise me with RTD's second run on Who. I'm still convinced he's been brought back with a remit from the BBC (or Sony) to make exactly the same show he made before, complete with all of his standard Twihard angst and a handsome young male Doctor for all the fangirls and boys to swoon over whenever he does broody stare #7. That being said, I'm not sure even RTD would be quite so regressive as to even bring back one of his previous Doctors (I mean I say "one of", it's kind of a given that the other one wouldn't wanna come back!).

Also, given that DT is a fan of the show, I would like to think he wouldn't be in favour of taking the series backwards either.
    "The rules of regeneration are known!"

"Sorry, what did you say? Did you mention the rules? Now, listen. A bit of advice: tell me the truth if you think you know it,
    lay down the law if you're feeling brave, but never ever tell me the rules!!"

https://www.deviantart.com/paulhanle...ctor-375855856

Someone did a mockup of Ruth Wilson as the Doctor years ago and I wished it was canon.

https://www.deviantart.com/paulhanle...ctor-568720129

There's also this cool Silurian Doctor. .

RTD coming back is the BBC trying to get a ratings bump and bring back jaded fans. How successful he will be remains to be seen. I prefer Davies and Moffat to Chibnall's era so I'm fine with it.

For the 60th anniversary, I'm down with 14 hanging out with Metacrisis and Rose in the other universe.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 01-25-2022 at 09:47 AM.