Page 290 of 581 FirstFirst ... 190240280286287288289290291292293294300340390 ... LastLast
Results 4,336 to 4,350 of 8704

The comics kind of toyed with the concept of the meta-crisis becoming the Valeyard, in the "Forgotten" series; however the whole thing turned out to be a bad dream caused by an alien parasite.

During the Matt Smith era, oddly enough, a very similar concept showed up in "Amy's Choice" with the Dream Lord.

Given that the Valeyard is between the twelfth and final incarnation, given how "Time of the Doctor" sort of moved that goalpost quite a bit I don't think it's something that needs to be brought up (although the Valeyard of course has been name-dropped a few times).

I personally always liked the theory that the Valeyard is, like the Watcher in Logopolis and K'anpo/Cho'Je, a sort of projection to help with particuarly nasty regenerations (Like how pretty much a lot of the Doctor's insides were probably jelly after falling from Pharos), perhaps subconsciously created by the Doctor somehow but sort of only half-existing. In the Third Doctor story "The Three Doctors", we see the Doctor grapple with Omega's "Dark side" as well, which was kind of a weird thing too (and hasn't really been followed up since).
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Quote Originally Posted by The Whovian View Post
    Yes. (10 characters)

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    The comics kind of toyed with the concept of the meta-crisis becoming the Valeyard, in the "Forgotten" series; however the whole thing turned out to be a bad dream caused by an alien parasite.

During the Matt Smith era, oddly enough, a very similar concept showed up in "Amy's Choice" with the Dream Lord.

Given that the Valeyard is between the twelfth and final incarnation, given how "Time of the Doctor" sort of moved that goalpost quite a bit I don't think it's something that needs to be brought up (although the Valeyard of course has been name-dropped a few times).

I personally always liked the theory that the Valeyard is, like the Watcher in Logopolis and K'anpo/Cho'Je, a sort of projection to help with particuarly nasty regenerations (Like how pretty much a lot of the Doctor's insides were probably jelly after falling from Pharos), perhaps subconsciously created by the Doctor somehow but sort of only half-existing. In the Third Doctor story "The Three Doctors", we see the Doctor grapple with Omega's "Dark side" as well, which was kind of a weird thing too (and hasn't really been followed up since).
    Oddly enough since then, the Doctors have gotten remarkably tougher.

Eleven survived a fall from near-Earth orbit (sans spacesuit most of the way) and just had the wind knocked out of him.

{So, hopefully, Thirteen will be ok, since she's still in atmosphere ...

Or, learns she can fly ...}

And, Twelve skydived from an exploding plane into his TARDIS - in mid-air, no less.
    Last edited by KoriandrJean; 02-10-2018 at 11:27 AM. Reason: Emphasis

Seriously? You don't like Rose? She's great.
    Goodness knows, I did not like her. She was selfish, irresponsible and generally a terrible person.

Doctor: Don't touch the baby!
    *Rose immediately touches the baby*
    *The Doctor dies*

* Everyone is being killed by Werewolves*
    *Rose is more keen on getting the Queen to say a stupid phrase*

"Mickey, you don't have a time machine so I get to treat you like absolute garbage."

"Sarah Jane? You mean I wasn't first? But I'm speeeeeeeciaaaaaal!!"
    "Let me guess. My theories appall you, my heresies outrage you, I never answer letters, and you don't like my tie!"
    @Matt_of_Geek
    Now writing at The Atomic Junk Shop

CBR Community Standards and Rules

Astonishing Member

You wouldn't want to see what her and the Metacrisis Doctor have been up to since we last saw them? I know I would.
    You'll be able to find out what the Meta-Crisis Doctor has been up to with Jackie in a couple of upcoming Big Finish Short Trips, The Siege of Big Ben and Flight into Hull!.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jbmasta View Post
    You'll be able to find out what the Meta-Crisis Doctor has been up to with Jackie in a couple of upcoming Big Finish Short Trips, The Siege of Big Ben and Flight into Hull!.
    Yeah, but I would love to see it on TV too
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Astonishing Member

Seems we are finally getting a Special Edition of The Enemy Of The World on DVD. This one comes with new remasters of all six epiosdes and a wealth of special features and newly created documentaries and commentaries.

Here's the link: http://m.doctorwhonews.net/2018/02/t...l-edition.html

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    Goodness knows, I did not like her. She was selfish, irresponsible and generally a terrible person.

*The Doctor dies*

"Mickey, you don't have a time machine so I get to treat you like absolute garbage."

Pretty good run down of Rose really. We really don't need to see a years later version of her to think she got worse.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post

*The Doctor dies*

"You were a father once?! Why didn't you tell me!!!"

I know Rose was supposed to be from a council estate, but that was no excuse for how thick she was at times. I mean, once the Doctor told her he was over 900 years old, she must have put two and two together to realize he had been around: Of course he would have been a father at one point, Of course he had travelled with others.

Now I wish they had Susan come back for an episode during the RTD years. That really would have blown Rose's mind!

Astonishing Member

Yeah, but I would love to see it on TV too
    With David Tennant's schedule that'd be a miracle. It took a while for Big Finish to get him and Billie Piper in studio on the same three days.

Quote Originally Posted by Somecrazyaussie View Post
    "You were a father once?! Why didn't you tell me!!!"

I know Rose was supposed to be from a council estate, but that was no excuse for how thick she was at times. I mean, once the Doctor told her he was over 900 years old, she must have put two and two together to realize he had been around: Of course he would have been a father at one point, Of course he had travelled with others.

Now I wish they had Susan come back for an episode during the RTD years. That really would have blown Rose's mind!
    Something that i’ve noticed on several british shows, but what are council edtates, exactly?

Quote Originally Posted by jbmasta View Post
    With David Tennant's schedule that'd be a miracle. It took a while for Big Finish to get him and Billie Piper in studio on the same three days.
    Maybe her Doctor died? I'm pretty sure the Meta-Crisis Doctor probably can't regenerate.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    Something that i’ve noticed on several british shows, but what are council edtates, exactly?
    Local elected councils would build cheap housing, often high rises, on council owned land, so that affordable homes could be bought by those less well off. The money from these sales was often then used to make more housing estates.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Maybe her Doctor died? I'm pretty sure the Meta-Crisis Doctor probably can't regenerate.
    It was explained at the end of Journey's End, he's human. He's got only the one heart. He'll age and die like a human, and can grow old with Rose.