Page 367 of 581 FirstFirst ... 267317357363364365366367368369370371377417467 ... LastLast
Results 5,491 to 5,505 of 8704
    Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    Going back to something that's been done before isn't a breath of fresh air. I love Tennant as much as the next Whovian, but by definition of the term, breath of fresh air means something new, refreshing, and fairly innovative. By virtue of bringing in and centering on a previous Doctor (even if it's, say, the 14th-15th incarnation) means it's not innovative.

It can be many things, it can have untold stories, but fundamentally it wouldn't be new.

And to be clear, every time a new doctor is announced, it's to provide that breath. It's a fundamental change. A change back, should they go with it, is inherently against that idea.
    EXACTLY....Tennant had his run and I know he regrets leaving as he seems to miss the role. But that is what happens whenever someone is there a while. Tom Baker loved the role and still does. But he knew going back to him was a slap in the face to his legacy , Dr. Who fans and the legacy of a show that is about constantly new change. Tennant should stick to guest spots (which this stupid rumor seems to have started where Tennant wanted to do something special for 60th anniversary when it happens) and appear with Smith and others at times.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

LOL!

Tennant is rumored to come back every regeneration now.

If we're going to have a repeat face, give us McGann.

I'd like to see Whitaker go another season, give us a multi-Doctor special, and come back as a woman again.
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 08-14-2019 at 02:21 PM.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    I liked some of the Whittaker episodes and some I didn't. But if they got rid of the first female doctor after just one season, the powers-that-be would get crucified in the press to a nuclear event status.
    I'm a woman, and I wasn't happy that they turned the Doctor female. I would have much preferred to see them introduce a new Time Lord who was female. This is political correctness, and it's starting to get ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by motherofpearl1 View Post
    I'm a woman, and I wasn't happy that they turned the Doctor female. I would have much preferred to see them introduce a new Time Lord who was female. This is political correctness, and it's starting to get ridiculous.
    I wasn't sold on the idea of making the Doctor female either. But regardless, I approached the new series with an open mind to see how things went. And like I said, some episodes were great, some weren't. Much like any other season of the show. But since they did decide to make the Doctor a woman, changing back to a man after one season would indeed get the show's producers killed in the press.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

By all means do a mini series between regular seasons with Ten or Eleven (since Matt has mentioned missing the role at times too) but don’t kill off the current stuff for the sake of it. Don’t forget bringing back Rose also will bring back the worst of the clingy fan girl base who pretty much killed off people’s fondness for Rose as she turned into an obsessive love sick type. If we’re going back to the past let’s get Catherine Tate instead and have the mates - Season Four was definitely the high point of RTD Who if not New Who altogether.

I remember Troughton and Tom Baker were also suggested to come back to "fix" the show at different times. The earlier I think was mainly during the hiatus (and who knows, might've somehow inspired the casting of Troughtonesque Sylvestor McCoy). The second was for a possible 30th anniversary special, which sort of fell through and the money went to a documentary and weird short 3D special instead.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    By all means do a mini series between regular seasons with Ten or Eleven (since Matt has mentioned missing the role at times too) but don’t kill off the current stuff for the sake of it. Don’t forget bringing back Rose also will bring back the worst of the clingy fan girl base who pretty much killed off people’s fondness for Rose as she turned into an obsessive love sick type. If we’re going back to the past let’s get Catherine Tate instead and have the mates - Season Four was definitely the high point of RTD Who if not New Who altogether.
    Both Tennant and Piper have moved on, I loved McGann but I don't know if he'd be willing to do it again.
    But Tate was fabulous. I was genuinely disappointed with her ultimate fate. She was especially good in The Fires of Pompeii.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Sad news, beloved writer Terrence Dicks has passed away at 84, who wrote numerous classic Doctor Who stories of the Third and Fourth Doctor and adaptations into the Target novels and original stories for the books.

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/09...nity-responds/

https://www.bigfinish.com/releases/v...ime-war-3-1675

I've been listening to it and it's pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    https://www.bigfinish.com/releases/v...ime-war-3-1675

I've been listening to it and it's pretty good.
    Ok, I have to ask, and I'll use spoiler tags...

spoilers:
    How the heck is the Valyard back? His death tied into #6's regeneration into #7. That was a VERY good story (and long overdue for Colin Baker IMO), does this void/cancel that???
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    Ok, I have to ask, and I'll use spoiler tags...

spoilers:
    How the heck is the Valyard back? His death tied into #6's regeneration into #7. That was a VERY good story (and long overdue for Colin Baker IMO), does this void/cancel that???
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Timelord shenanigans .
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    spoilers:
    Timelord shenanigans .
    end of spoilers
    Well its why I'm hesitant to get that series (plus the price). But then again somehow spoilers:
    Missy
    end of spoilers is somehow part of one of the previous Eight Doctor Time War stories so...

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    Well its why I'm hesitant to get that series (plus the price). But then again somehow spoilers:
    Missy
    end of spoilers is somehow part of one of the previous Eight Doctor Time War stories so...
    After a few months, they tend to sell them separately so maybe just pick up "The War Valeyard" for a cheaper price?

spoilers:
    Basically the time lords brought him back as a last-ditch effort to stop the war. They even refer to him as a weapon and give him a mission. He completes the mission but doesn't fully succeed because Daleks don't go down that easily. The episode deals with the fallout and the rest is spoilers.
    end of spoilers

Expanded universe stuff tends to be a healthy dose of fan-wank so just go with it bro.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    The actors have no problems coming back for special events/anniversary episodes (providing they like the script and are available to participate.) But, as has been mentioned, they have no interest in coming back full-time (and I am someone who loves the idea of a mini-series with Mcgann.)

Some fans make the assumption that actors are the ones holding the power in coming back. To a degree that is true. But it all hinges on the showrunners.

David recently did a Q/A which popped up on YouTube and he addressed the above by saying fans constantly ask him when he is coming back. He basically said he is open to returning IF asked to do so. Otherwise it is out of his hands.

I now want an Ace Show