Page 90 of 581 FirstFirst ... 4080868788899091929394100140190 ... LastLast
Results 1,336 to 1,350 of 8709
    Spectacular Member

Default Doctor Who: Favorite Doctors

I saw this article and it made me think, who are your top Doctor Who doctors?

http://hero-envy.blogspot.com/2014/1...tors-ever.html

My Top 3 (I haven't watched enough Classic Who to make a call on the individual Doctors, but I have watched a bit from each - from what I've seen my favourite Classic Doctor would probably be the 2nd or 4th).

1 - 9th Doctor, Christopher Eccleston

2 - The War Doctor, John Hurt

3 - The 12th Doctor, Peter Capaldi

Last edited by BaneofKings; 12-01-2014 at 04:41 AM.

Last Christmas, I gave you my hearts.
    The very next day,
    Matt Smith regenerated any-way.
    This year, to save me from tears,
    Capaldi signed on for,
    Another year, another year.

Retired

There's a rumour that Jenna Coleman has had a change of heart and will be staying on as the companion for a little while longer.

I don't know if there's any truth to the rumour. And quite frankly, I don't want confirmation either way. I think it makes the Christmas special that much more exciting if we don't know what will happen and we have to watch to the very end to see how it all turns out. Will the Doctor regenerate, will the companion leave, wiil the Master return? It's better if we don't know the answers to these questions ahead of time. The fun is in the surprise.

Retired

Will the Christmas special be shown in any movie theatres on Christmas day?

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    Will the Christmas special be shown in any movie theatres on Christmas day?
    I don't honestly know, but other than The Day of the Doctor and Deep Breath, have any episodes been shown, 1963-1989, or 2005 to present?

Retired

I'm trying to get out of going to Christmas dinner with the relations, so any excuse would help me with that. If not DOCTOR WHO, then maybe INTO THE WOODS--but only if I'm desperate. I remember that getting tickets for DAY OF THE DOCTOR proved impossible because I was too late. So if there's any chance of seeing LAST CHRISTMAS in the theatre, I need to get the jump on that, I think.

I'm trying to get out of going to Christmas dinner with the relations, so any excuse would help me with that. If not DOCTOR WHO, then maybe INTO THE WOODS--but only if I'm desperate. I remember that getting tickets for DAY OF THE DOCTOR proved impossible because I was too late. So if there's any chance of seeing LAST CHRISTMAS in the theatre, I need to get the jump on that, I think.
    Could you not watch it in a friends' house? Or, say to the relatives, just gotta leave early for Doctor Who, a favorite show, after staying for about three hours or so?

Retired

Dinner with the relations is very far to go, in another city--so I'd rather avoid the headache. I would much rather stay home--or close to home--and watch DOCTOR WHO.

Dinner with the relations is very far to go, in another city--so I'd rather avoid the headache. I would much rather stay home--or close to home--and watch DOCTOR WHO.
    Then, could you not suggest they come to you, and then just time it right so they leave for you to watch, enjoy and talk about Last Christmas?

Retired

Christmas dinner is a big to-do with the relaions--lots of in-laws, nephews, nieces. My brother managed to get out of it, becuase he has another commitment. But I haven't been able to come up with a good excuse. It's tricky. I was hoping to help with a charity, but haven't found any that are doing something on Christmas this year.

Christmas dinner is a big to-do with the relaions--lots of in-laws, nephews, nieces. My brother managed to get out of it, becuase he has another commitment. But I haven't been able to come up with a good excuse. It's tricky. I was hoping to help with a charity, but haven't found any that are doing something on Christmas this year.
    Well, I'd just maybe have a friend over, my Uncle and parents, cousin possibly visit and that's it.

But, could see if it could be a smaller amount this year, as the numbers are overwhelming a bit for you, and then you get that done, then Doctor Who.

Or record DW/watch online, or on repeat, and there you go.

Retired

Latest reports are that Jenna Coleman will in fact be staying on. I don't think this is a spoiler--it could always turn out to be disinformation to keep us guessing.

If she is returning, I think they should have done a Tegan Jovanka, where Clara leaves but then a situation in the future leads her back to the Doctor for help. I wonder if they had already cast another companion and if we could see two companions in the next season.

If Jenna stays for most of the next season, Clara will be the longest serving companion in the modern series. Not sure how that compares with the original series--depends if you count episodes or stories. If you count episodes, Jamie McCrimmon wins. If you count stories, then Amy Pond has the lead.

Wally 'Ginger' West fan
    Along one of the Birkeland Currents that traverse the Milky Way. I forget the exact cross streets.

Oh, fruitcakes! I have to work Christmas Day evening! I mean, honestly, they cut my hours every week and now this?

Anyone know what timeslot the Christmas special is in America? I'm hoping it's way early because BBCA tends to only replay the show once (once!) and that's just hours after the premier showing. (Darn them)

http://www.bbcamerica.com/doctor-who/schedule/

(Of course. It stops on Christmas Eve. I'm going to be nail biting for at least 24 hours.)
    Last edited by Kyer; 12-11-2014 at 06:57 PM.
    Parental care is way exhausting. Gained insight into what my parents went through when I was a baby. Not fun, but what ya gonna do? (Read comics, obviously.)

Wally 'Ginger' West fan
    Along one of the Birkeland Currents that traverse the Milky Way. I forget the exact cross streets.

Hey all. B&N online stores are currently offering season 8 Blu-Ray for half off retail. Also a 25% off coupon on top of that. Brings down the price to about $36 with tax. I don't know how long this will last.

Sadly, the set does NOT include Time of the Doctor or Day of the Doctor. Just some specials I could care less about. Still...cheap price. Considering it if only for the Listen and Flatline. I do like Capaldi.
    Parental care is way exhausting. Gained insight into what my parents went through when I was a baby. Not fun, but what ya gonna do? (Read comics, obviously.)