Page 415 of 581 FirstFirst ... 315365405411412413414415416417418419425465515 ... LastLast
Results 6,211 to 6,225 of 8704
    Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    In actual fact, they originally found all episodes (2 - 6) in Nigeria. But before they got hold of them, episode 3 went missing. As I find, watching episode 3, last Saturday, this is the one where Lethbridge-Stewart makes his first appearance. And I have to wonder if that's just an accident or if someone realized they had a copy of that much sought-after episode and held it back for their own personal archive, depriving the rest of us of that gold.
    It was deliberate. The guy who discovered them says he saw a reel with episode 3 labelled when he first found them but then figures the owner realized which episode was the important one and hid it away to sell to a higher exclusive buyer he had in mind later. There's theories several lost episodes are owned by such ass holes.

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    It was deliberate. The guy who discovered them says he saw a reel with episode 3 labelled when he first found them but then figures the owner realized which episode was the important one and hid it away to sell to a higher exclusive buyer he had in mind later. There's theories several lost episodes are owned by such ass holes.
    I thought as much.

Trailer for Revolution of the Daleks probably up in a few hours. Hopefully with a release date.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OEVWuYVUsBs

Few notes

-If that's the Doctor's TARDIS looks it's console room reverted to "factory settings" without her, instead of the crystal look. However this is probably temporary as the clapboard photo showed the crystal room for next season.

-The Daleks seem to be trying to pulling off the "Power of the Daleks" and "Victory of the Daleks" con again with somewhat more refined versions of the scrap/recon model. Also like Resolution looks like we'll see the caseless mutants do some mischief again.

-Noth's character is also back, as is of course Jack.

-Guessing this might focus a lot on the companions dealing with the Daleks on Earth while the Doctor tries to figure a way out of the prison. Then probably makes a big "You miss me?" entrance at the end.

-New Years Day.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post

Few notes

-If that's the Doctor's TARDIS looks it's console room reverted to "factory settings" without her, instead of the crystal look. However this is probably temporary as the clapboard photo showed the crystal room for next season.

-The Daleks seem to be trying to pulling off the "Power of the Daleks" and "Victory of the Daleks" con again with somewhat more refined versions of the scrap/recon model. Also like Resolution looks like we'll see the caseless mutants do some mischief again.

-Noth's character is also back, as is of course Jack.

-Guessing this might focus a lot on the companions dealing with the Daleks on Earth while the Doctor tries to figure a way out of the prison. Then probably makes a big "You miss me?" entrance at the end.

-New Years Day.
    Too bad the background music overpowers every single bit of dialogue in the trailer. Who the hell put this together, a first year intern?

Trying to figure out what creatures are in the prison shot. I think I saw a Cyberman and a Pting.

It's always crazy to think how many times people have forgotten the Daleks. Also why anyone trusts the PM after 2009 is beyond me.

A teaser for "Masterful" with one of the Big Finish exclusive Masters.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    A teaser for "Masterful" with one of the Big Finish exclusive Masters.
    Yes the Mark Gatiss Master is an alternate universe Master from a reality where the Doctor never became UNIT's Scientific Advisor after his exile and so the world and eventually the universe went to pot.

It's been confirmed Graham and Ryan are leaving (I don't consider that a spoiler; it's public news and has been rumored since at least March).

So I guess Yaz might be the single companion for a while, either that or there will be a new one next season joining them. Kind of a pity because I thought Graham had the best chemistry with Jodie that the others often didn't have as much.

I just hope they're not just keeping Yaz around because they want a LBGT arc with the Doctor to drum up interest. Both characters deserve more than that.

And I will definitely miss Graham, it was refreshing having an older companion in the TARDIS. I do wonder if we'll ever see the studio be brave enough to have a female Doctor and a single male companion for once.

Yes the Mark Gatiss Master is an alternate universe Master from a reality where the Doctor never became UNIT's Scientific Advisor after his exile and so the world and eventually the universe went to pot.
    He also pops up in the War Master series volume 4. .

I just hope they're not just keeping Yaz around because they want a LBGT arc with the Doctor to drum up interest. Both characters deserve more than that.

And I will definitely miss Graham, it was refreshing having an older companion in the TARDIS. I do wonder if we'll ever see the studio be brave enough to have a female Doctor and a single male companion for once.
    There's always 14 and the Ruth Doctor .

If anything they could have 13 and Jack spend a season together. There's always season 14 but Whitaker is more likely to leave after this one.

Daleks "new defence drones". This is something I find hard to accept. Nobody remembers the last half a dozen times Daleks invaded modern day London? (insert expletives here.) Just go away. I don't want to hear the reasons. I want people to remember Daleks exist.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post

Few notes

It's a different TARDIS, which the Fam obtained at the end of last season.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member

Agreed, Yaz has been woefully underwritten as a companion so let her shine.

Quote Originally Posted by Indian Ink View Post
    Daleks "new defence drones". This is something I find hard to accept. Nobody remembers the last half a dozen times Daleks invaded modern day London? (insert expletives here.) Just go away. I don't want to hear the reasons. I want people to remember Daleks exist.
    There was an explanation in season 5 that the cracks were erasing moments from history, hence Amy having no knowledge of the Daleks in "Victory". However the end of the season seemed to imply the Doctor's reset fixed all the cracks (Well, except for the Trenzalore/Gallifrey one). Then again Doctor Who's continuity has never really been that great, although it's fairly consistent in the new series. (Although wouldn't Van Stratten in 2012 be aware of the Daleks too?). For example Simm's Master knows he can be easily recognized as Saxon-he laments this in "End of Time" and uses the disguise to fool Bill in his last appearance.

Torchwood's last two seasons I think also had fairly consequential events on Earth but I don't think those were ever brought up in WHO apart from Jack going to space. (Although I suppose Miracle Day *could* be brought up in the new special). I don't remember if Jack met Frobisher in COE, that would've been a bit awkward had he met the last Doctor.
    Last edited by ChrisIII; 12-02-2020 at 12:49 PM.