Page 406 of 581 FirstFirst ... 306356396402403404405406407408409410416456506 ... LastLast
Results 6,076 to 6,090 of 8709

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    No...they need a full-fledged spinoff dammit. That was good what Derek posted.

There's an Arrowverse, dammit there should be a Whoverse. I remember the ad for the Doctor Who box set (I think it was a box set) was made in a way that it seemed like the trailer for an Ace spinoff.

I wonder if a UNIT spinoff (not the audios, I mean a live action spinoff) would work.
    There's always BigFinish .

Its hard to do a Whoniverse because the central appeal is the Doctor and their adventures and thats harder to replicate with other characters.

Plus money and budgeting are issues. Britian doesn't seem to have that big of a budget compared to the states.

I think UNIT could work the same way Agents of SHIELD could work but it would need a strong cast to anchor it.

Honestly i wouldn't mind Ruth being #14.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 06-08-2020 at 09:46 AM.

Speaking of Big Finish, there's a new Rory series featuring his time as the Lone Centurion.

https://www.doctorwho.tv/news/?artic...lone-centurion
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Have they done a Big Finish with 11 and Craig? One with an older Stormy would be fantastic.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

As far as eleventh I think they've mainly been limited to the Paternoster gang, Winston Churchill, the Moffat version of UNIT and a few short stories, none of which I think feature Craig. Matt Smith also hasn't done any to my knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    As far as eleventh I think they've mainly been limited to the Paternoster gang, Winston Churchill, the Moffat version of UNIT and a few short stories, none of which I think feature Craig. Matt Smith also hasn't done any to my knowledge.
    Bummer but those are all good areas. I loved the gang, too.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

https://www.bigfinish.com/releases/v...ign=warmaster5

War Master volume 5: hearts of darkness gets a boxset.

PS- when the **** is Stranded coming out? I preordered digitally but they don't tell you more than just June 2020

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    https://www.bigfinish.com/releases/v...ign=warmaster5

War Master volume 5: hearts of darkness gets a boxset.

PS- when the **** is Stranded coming out? I preordered digitally but they don't tell you more than just June 2020
    June 30

Hey folks remember you have till 23:59 (UK time) 17 Jun 2020 to take advantage of the pre-order prices for certain sets at Big Finish. Just put the code RETRO in the box and hit enter.

That said I'm leaning toward just getting Missy's first boxset, since her second boxset is around the corner. The rest seems like I should have listened to previous boxsets to know what's going on (ex: the Ravenous series ties directly into the 8th Doctor's Time War series).

Hey folks remember you have till 23:59 (UK time) 17 Jun 2020 to take advantage of the pre-order prices for certain sets at Big Finish. Just put the code RETRO in the box and hit enter.

That said I'm leaning toward just getting Missy's first boxset, since her second boxset is around the corner. The rest seems like I should have listened to previous boxsets to know what's going on (ex: the Ravenous series ties directly into the 8th Doctor's Time War series).
    not really. You could listen to TimeWar on its own.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    not really. You could listen to TimeWar on its own.
    I could listen to Galifrey: Time War 1 on its own, too? I know of the Galifrey series (sort of a spinoff with Romana and Leela), but never bought a single audio.

I could listen to Galifrey: Time War 1 on its own, too? I know of the Galifrey series (sort of a spinoff with Romana and Leela), but never bought a single audio.
    Me neither. Try it and see how it goes. To me Time War is meant as a jumping on point for Big Finish.

Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 06-17-2020 at 05:52 AM.

Meh, I couldn't decide so I stuck with Missy vol. 1. I was leaning toward The Sins of Captain John, but the original price isn't much greater so I'll get that later.

Two more hours folks.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    He hasn't. They have done 11th Doctor stuff with Jacob Dudman though (who does a great impersonation). I think Smith is a bit too busy at the moment and I don't see him returning unless Karen and Arthur are onboard. Tennant had already worked with Big Finish before, so it was easy to get him back. We will likely get Capaldi stuff before Smith.

https://www.bigfinish.com/news/v/tim...omics-revealed

New details on the upcoming Titan Comics tie in to "Time Lord Victorious".

Seems to be the Dalek Emperor inspired by the old 60's comics version (Which also inspired the Davros Emperor design in Rememberance).