Page 405 of 581 FirstFirst ... 305355395401402403404405406407408409415455505 ... LastLast
Results 6,061 to 6,075 of 8704
    Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Excited for Out of Time and the possible combos. I suspect it’s unlikely but I would love to see maybe 2 with 11 and 12 with either 3 or 7. War and 9 would also be interesting since they are so closely tied together.

Time Lord Victorious sounds interesting, impressive to see so many areas together, especially when it is not as far as I can tell involving the current Doctor.

I've been watching Star Wars Rebels and Tom Baker did some pretty impressive voice work for the Bendu character. For all the times the Doctor is referred to as a storm or something foreboding, found it kind of funny that the Bendu literally becomes a storm at one point.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Have they explained how Eric's master survived? I think the TV series seemed to indicate that he was "ressurected" from the Time War after the TV movie death, but I guess it's possible the "Bruce" body survived (or that was the body that was ressurected, although somehow the Master got fresh regenerations), and the Master that died and was ressurected (as the bald master from the audio line?) might've been yet another incarnation.

I'm pretty sure Ainley's Master, for instance, had a few "permanent" deaths to with no explanation when he came back. Of course it was assumed for a bit that Simm's Master and Missy were gone for good as well here and there, although that was explained in both cases.
    Since the audios couldn't use Roberts they ended reverting back to his Beevers incarnation. So for a while Geoffrey beevers was voicing not only his incarnation but also Roberts as well.

Nate Grey is right in that Roberts escaped from the Tardis and just went to do more stuff. The TV show had the TimeLords give him a new regeneration cycle so most of the new versions are apart of the cycle.The excptions are James Dryfuss "the first master" from the First Doctor adventures.

The "Day of the Master" story in Ravenous 4 added some new wrinkles/twist but the point is he got a new regeneration cycle.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Since the audios couldn't use Roberts they ended reverting back to his Beevers incarnation. So for a while Geoffrey beevers was voicing not only his incarnation but also Roberts as well.
    Interesting. I didn't know that, I just thought they never thought to ask Roberts till now.

The excptions are James Dryfuss "the first master" from the First Doctor adventures.
    Either I asked this or meant to ask this, but Dryfuss is pre-first regeneration right? As in he hasn't even had Regeneration #1? If so, why is he considerably younger than the 1st Doctor if they were supposed to be schoolmates? Did the Doctor get held back at least 10 times per grade?

The "Day of the Master" story in Ravenous 4 added some new wrinkles/twist but the point is he got a new regeneration cycle.
    I didn't get Ravenous 1-3, cost aside, mostly cause I didn't like the idea of the Eleven. Seemed kinda silly to me. But #4 I might get just to see this story with 4 Masters (apparently the same 4 from the River Song story).

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    Interesting. I didn't know that, I just thought they never thought to ask Roberts till now.

Either I asked this or meant to ask this, but Dryfuss is pre-first regeneration right? As in he hasn't even had Regeneration #1? If so, why is he considerably younger than the 1st Doctor if they were supposed to be schoolmates? Did the Doctor get held back at least 10 times per grade?

I didn't get Ravenous 1-3, cost aside, mostly cause I didn't like the idea of the Eleven. Seemed kinda silly to me. But #4 I might get just to see this story with 4 Masters (apparently the same 4 from the River Song story).
    I might have misspoke about them not being able use Roberts. They couldn't use the other new characters from the movie so I just made an assumption. Maybe his upcoming boxset would elaborate on it in the behind the scenes.

The Doctor and Master are time travellers so maybe they are meeting out of order? Technically Delgado's incarnation was his last incarnation of that cycle so after Dreyfuss he got careless?

I might have misspoke about them not being able use Roberts. They couldn't use the other new characters from the movie so I just made an assumption. Maybe his upcoming boxset would elaborate on it in the behind the scenes.

The Doctor and Master are time travellers so maybe they are meeting out of order? Technically Delgado's incarnation was his last incarnation of that cycle so after Dreyfuss he got careless?
    James Dreyfus's Master is supposed to be the Master before he had his first regeneration, I suppose to compliment the First Doctor (as played by David Bradley) since his new adventures are about him before he had his first regeneration. Meaning he's the adult version of the child we saw in the flashblack of Sound of Drums. Which is fine just wondering about the age difference, though I can chalk that up to either the Doctor starting late or the Master being a prodigy. Or maybe it's explained in the audios themselves.

According to the audio The Two Masters, the Beevers version is the final incarnation of the Master's original regeneration cycle. Delgado turned into Beevers then later got disfigured. There was an episode I saw a long time ago where the Delgado Master stated onscreen the number, but depending on the exact verbiage could determine if Big Finish used it as a loophole or messed up. Its probably the former cause they're real good with continuity unless an episode airs later that contradicts everything (basically most of Chibnall's tenure).

I always figured the Master was careless with his regenerations cause he always figured he could find a way to get more.

I'm not sure if Delgado ever stated that he was the last regeneration, as it's been assumed. The Pratt/Beevers masters definitely did, and I think there's some confusion there as the Master is so disfigured that some fans assume that the Pratt/Beevers version *is* Delgado.

To add to the confusion the Master at the end TDA doesn't look quite as a bad, indicating that perhaps he was partially restored. Could explain why the Beever's master doesn't quite look as skeletal as the Pratt version....

Then there's Gordon Tipple who appeared briefly as the Master at the beginning of the TV movie. Although he's obscured in the final TV movie there appears to be pictures on him with full Masterish get up and goatee as well as black paint around his eyes which appear to be from the TV movie set. So it's possible he's somehow between Ainley and Roberts. (and possibly also had the Cheetah stuff for some reason?)
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

No, Delgado never said he was in his final incarnation, he stated either which life or which regeneration he was on. That's why I was saying depending on EXACTLY how it was phrased is what could have given Big Finish the wiggle room to say Beevers came after Delgado and that was the final incarnation before getting a new cycle.

Its my understanding that the show said that #13 was final to explain why the Master looks the way he did after Delgado died and they had to recast. But that was established after Deglado's passing. Who knows if it would have became part of the canon if he lived to a ripe old age.

Ainsley and Roberts are just possessed bodies so maybe Tipple was just a body he picked up in the meantime. Big Finish did a story called "Mastermind" where he posessed a whole family of men as part of his schemes. He would go from father to son till one gets wise and tries to put a stop to it.

EDIT- I got to listen to the Innocent- the first War Doctor story from big finish. Its pretty good.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 06-05-2020 at 02:54 PM.

Bill and Nardole are still keeping in touch...

Bill, Nardole and 12 needed 1 more season y'all.

Much as I love Jenna Coleman and Clara she was honestly in the show too long. I kinda wish she’d left in the Christmas special and Bill had come in with Series 9, much as I think that series is a fairly decent one overall. Or Bill had stuck around for 13 and maybe Graham and Ryan coming in and save Yaz for later.

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    Much as I love Jenna Coleman and Clara she was honestly in the show too long. I kinda wish she’d left in the Christmas special and Bill had come in with Series 9, much as I think that series is a fairly decent one overall. Or Bill had stuck around for 13 and maybe Graham and Ryan coming in and save Yaz for later.
    Same here pal.

No...they need a full-fledged spinoff dammit. That was good what Derek posted.

There's an Arrowverse, dammit there should be a Whoverse. I remember the ad for the Doctor Who box set (I think it was a box set) was made in a way that it seemed like the trailer for an Ace spinoff.

I wonder if a UNIT spinoff (not the audios, I mean a live action spinoff) would work.

I think if Torchwood hadn't become a thing then UNIT would have been an awesome choice for a spin off series, though I am loving the audios (listened to the first three series so far).

I do think given the reveal that the BBC might consider doing a Jo Marsh Doctor mini series to bridge the gap between main seasons...