Page 356 of 581 FirstFirst ... 256306346352353354355356357358359360366406456 ... LastLast
Results 5,326 to 5,340 of 8701

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Curious about the Master/Missy too. I'm sure that perhaps Gomez could return (Moffat of course used RTD's Master, for instance, and even answered a few questions about the transition to Missy from the messed-up EOT Simm).

Of course Simm's Master shot her 'full blast' that apparently was fatal enough to stop the regeneration, but this is the Master we're talking about, who has always managed to somehow cling to survival despite being 'dead' quite a few times.

One funny thing that's mentioned in "Sound of Drums" "End of Time" and heavily implied in the stories with Rassilon is that Time lords can somehow resurrect dead time lords. The Master was brought back somehow to fight in the time war (Whether it was from the Roberts version of some big finish version depends on your head-canon I guess), the Simm master was brought back in a weird ritual using the ring, Lucy's imprint, life-force and books or some kind of potion, and of course Rassilon came back, although the seeds of that might've been laid in "The Five Doctors".

I suppose you can say there's "undead" Time Lords too-Morbius, Omega, and those weird cloister guys. Even Borusa is brought back in some of the books-the War Doctor novel even has Rassilon using him as a Time War weapon.
    Also the Master was given a full regeneration cycle when resurrected during the Time War so there is always the chance Missy wasn't the direct next version of the Master of Simms there could be a few actually.

It's implied a bit I think:Missy's "Welcome to the sisterhood". Although maybe that doesn't rule out other Missys before Gomez Missy. I think it kind of works a bit with "Death in Heaven" though-Missy might've had vague memories of the incident from Simm's POV, causing her to think of something involving Cybermen and re-thinking her relationship with the Doctor. Hence, the 3W plan.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Curious about the Master/Missy too. I'm sure that perhaps Gomez could return (Moffat of course used RTD's Master, for instance, and even answered a few questions about the transition to Missy from the messed-up EOT Simm).
    I know I posted a link here before that got ignored apparently, but, it was an interview with Gomez about her departure from the show. She stated she isn't against returning as Missy per se, and if she expressed interest they'd move heaven and earth to make it happen whether the story makes sense or not. Its just that she just thinks each Doctor should have their own Master and she feels Missy is Capaldi's Doctor's Master. This "loophole" is why she's doing the audios I'd imagine. She's playing Missy but not against a different Doctor.

Unless she changes her mind, if we see Missy again specifically against Whitaker's Doctor it'll be a regenerated Missy (if not the Master back as a male).

I'm more interested in other Classic Villains like the Rani, The Monk, The celestial toymaker, the Black Guardian, the Daemons etc getting a leg up over Missy and the cyberman.

Retired

I was happy to see that the Custodians of the Chronology from the Legends of To-Meow-Meow are alive and kicking in the Who Corps timeline. But there should have been an appearance by Brandon Routh, Dominic Purcell, Nick Zano and Amy-Louise Pemberton, along with their theme music and title sequence--then it would be official.

Personally, I wanted Alec the Dalek to win this round. Maybe if Alec had gone to the toilet and got himself a good plunger, he could've suckered the lot of them. I had no interest in seeing the Doctor score more points against this legendary enemy. The Dalek came off as a bit of a paper tiger by the end.

Also, hasn't the TARDIS in the past had more autonomy to eject unwanted occupants? She seems to have become rather passive with Doctor Thirteen. Rightly the TARDiS could have got rid of the Dalek on her own, with no danger to the dad or anyone else that was welcome there.

I was surprised this episode didn't set up something for another season.

The New Year's hook was hardly important. There was no reason this episode could not have been broadcast on Christmas day. And I maintain the only reason it wasn't was because ITV has better Christmas programming.

Astonishing Member

Shifting gears a bit here, but I wanted to discuss the news that Mark Ayres of the Restoration Team has been given access to newly discovered audio recordings of missing episodes. These were handed to Kaleidoscope first. Because they know Mark, his request to work on the reels first was granted.

Here is the link for those here who may have missed it http://m.doctorwhonews.net/2019/01/randolph-tapes.html

Apparently the quality of these recordings trump those done by Graham Strong. What is also interesting is that these recordings also have the original cliffhangers and reprisals intact. Many of which are missing from the archives. Some even have the continuity announcements played over the end credits.

With these new recordings being of the highest quality, it makes me wonder if their existence may prompt them to do more animations for missing episodes. We have Macra on the way, but some serials have recordings that are still considered low quality (despite being remastered to the best of the Restoration Team's ability.)

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

This is awesome news!
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Whovian View Post
    This is awesome news!
    The reels cover DMP to Moonbase 1. They think there may have been further reels given how it abruptly ends with Moonbase 1. But Ayres confirms that these new discoveries will become the main source for all commercial releases of these stories in the future.

A few parts of Sky At Night were among these recordings as well. So fans of that should be chuffed.

Always kind of liked Moonbase. Sure, the spacesuits are pretty awful (although the Cybermen have certainly improved) but it has a great Troughton performance with one of his best quotes:

"There are some corners of the universe that have bred the most terrible things. Things which act against everything we believe in. They must be fought."

Plus there's a great deal of creepiness with the Cyberman in the sickbay as well, especially with Jaime's reaction to it (This was Jaime's first alien apart from the Doctor).
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Retired

As I'm currently watching the second Doctor each Saturday (one episode at a time), I'm constantly having to choose between which reconstruction I want to watch online. While those missing episodes that have been reconstructed with good animation do have a nice flow to them, I sometimes opt for the reconstructions that use still images. The animators try to make some aspects look too good and I feel that I'm not getting a true idea of what the episode was really like. Whereas, if I see the still images, I can reconstruct it in my mind, based on what I know from the extant episodes.

BANNED

The Eighth Doctor meets the War Master

https://www.bigfinish.com/news/v/war...s-eight-doctor

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    The Eighth Doctor meets the War Master

https://www.bigfinish.com/news/v/war...s-eight-doctor

It's sad Sir John Hurt never got to act against Sir Derek Jacobi but this is good too. I'm hoping we do get to see more of Alex Macqueen's incarnation tho.

BANNED

Doctor Who up for best drama at the National Television Awards

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-46782619

Retired

John Hurt did act opposite Derek Jacobi in I, CLAUDIUS--or as we called it in my house, I CLAVDIVS. Hurt was Caligula to Jacobi's Clavdivs. I know you meant just DOCTOR WHO, but it's possible to see everything as an episode of DOCTOR WHO. And there's support for this in the actual show, given how many times we've seen that people have doubles throughout history, on Earth and elsewhere.

William Morgan Sheppard, who played "Old Canton Delaware" in "The Impossible Astronaut" passed away yesterday.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.