Page 453 of 581 FirstFirst ... 353403443449450451452453454455456457463503553 ... LastLast
Results 6,781 to 6,795 of 8704

In the states, the showrunner is a leadership position. Usually it's given to people with previous showrunner experience or writers who worked their way up the ranks. All 3 showrunners from Modern Who had both criteria. Davies brought back Doctor Who as a passion project. The BBC wanted him for his experience with Queer Eye and Second Coming. Moffat was a sitcom writer famous for Press Gang and Coupling. Chibnall was known for Broadchurch.

Most of the big names or obvious choices are already taken. So we'll probably deal with an unknown/dark horse choice.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 08-01-2021 at 01:19 PM.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

They need a young showrunner who can handle the work load and schedule of this show ahead. Thus far we have heard about how Moffat and Chibnall were physically wore down from the load they took on at the end. They need someone who will be there a few years (beyond 1 Doctor).

A close comparison of a long running series changing showrunners right now in America is Walking Dead. Which in 10 seasons and over 150+ episodes in that span. In that time 4 showerunners have cycled through the series.

With Who its kinda amazing that this series has only had 3 come through in the 17 years its aired and so many seasons.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

So does make Chibnall the shortest-running producer of the new series pretty much? Or sort of shortest since the late 70s (Unless you count Phil Segal)
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

So Gallifrey series 1-3 is on sale at Big Finish...

Typically I judge what I get based on the description or the trailer, but they all sound so boring, well except for the one with the Jacobi Master but that one is not on sale.

Any thoughts? Anyone own these?

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

It's actually Series 1-6. The latter three boxsets aren't in the bundle though. Haven't heard any yet but I believe they initially spin out from the Zagreus story with Romana and Leela, plus Brax who I gather is connected to the Benny Summerfield series, and Ace and Charley's sister and the original Romana and the Inquisitor both turn up at points, as does Omega. Eventually it seems to reach the stuff with the Time War but I don't know how much knowing what happened in the older Gallifrey sets matters. It's one of the longer running spin offs Big Finish has done though there was a big gap between Series 3 and 4.

River Song is still on sale though, those are all fantastic.

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    It's actually Series 1-6. The latter three boxsets aren't in the bundle though.
    Ah, thanks for the correction. Huh. Its not how it was presented in the email, and if not for what you said I wouldn't have checked.

Well I'll listen to the trailers and make a decision. I have till August 8th to decide.

Haven't heard any yet but I believe they initially spin out from the Zagreus story with Romana and Leela
    I'm guessing this is how it doesn't conflict with TV Who? Though I remember saying what if the two "shamed" Time Lords behind Rassilon were Ramona and Narvin. Unless both were supposed to be the Doctor's parents (the woman was originally at least supposed to be his mother I think). Speaking of which:

plus Brax who I gather is connected to the Benny Summerfield series
    Isn't Brax supposed to be the Doctor's brother?

and Ace and Charley's sister
    Say what? Ok I'm getting that one. lol

River Song is still on sale though, those are all fantastic.
    Yeah I so far only have Series 5 and...honestly the only one I want now is Series 3.

The War Master Volume 6: killing time comes out today.

I kind of wonder if Sacha's Master is going to be, in some way, responsible or at least involved with Jodie's regeneration.

The fourth is the one he's most directly involved in, but also contributed in some way to what happened to Ten and Twelve.

https://www.bigfinish.com/news/v/jacobi-vs-tennant

The War Master Volume 7 is titled "Self-defense". It's the War Master versus the 10th Doctor.

I'm guessing it's pre-Chameleon arch "Yana" vs Tennant after finding out who Yana was.

Incase you needed an explanation.

Any thoughts on Capaldi in The Suicide Squad? Seemed he was kind of doing his Malcolm Tucker/ DW season 8 kind of performance.

The Twelve Doctor gets a second volume. Dudman has been practicing...

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post

The Twelve Doctor gets a second volume. Dudman has been practicing...
    But he still doesn't pull it off. He does a great Tennant and a uncanny Smith (which is where his efforts really should be focused), but his Capaldi still doesn't nail it for me. Still, nothing could be as bad as Brigg's Eccelston impersonation (God that was awful)

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Any thoughts on Capaldi in The Suicide Squad? Seemed he was kind of doing his Malcolm Tucker/ DW season 8 kind of performance.
    Wasn't bad I thought. Loved him when he came striding in with the track suit as I just love track suits.

Came off more as generic evil scientist than the Thinker.
    Geek / Gamer / Filmmaker / Indy Pro Wrestler
    @SebastionEnvi (Twitter/Instagram)
    youtube.com/SkunkLifeMedia